No one can come to me...

G

guest1

The day not what happened on that day

and in that regard you are still ignoring the scriptures posted

Sorry the indwelling of the Spirit is not a one time event

and you just ignored two scriptures disproving that

Acts 15:8 (KJV)
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

Acts 2:38-39 (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Now do you want to deal with the issue ?
I have no issues that would be you . I can reconcile Pentecost was a one time event that was prophecied.

T

TomFL

So you want it to literally say "Abraham was indwelt by the Spirit" before you accept that fact?

I can't if that is what you demand it say.

However, it is the Spirit of God that empowers. God has repeatedly express that without Him... you can't do anything.T
Thats right you can't

for the promise of the indwelling spirit and enablement (Ezek 36) was eschatological and is fulfilled only in the new Covenant

as was the promise of the law written on the heart Jer 31:31

The Spirit however was with the old covenant peoples

And dwelt in the temple

Only in the new covenant do all believers become God's temple

T

TomFL

I have no issues that would be you . I can reconcile Pentecost was a one time event that was prophecied.
Sorry but you cannot prove what happened on the day of pentecost was a one time event whether you claim it was the fulfillment of the promise of the indwelling Spirit in the new covenant manner or even just a charasmatic outpouring

and you have offered no proof to the contrary

and we have already seen two examples of the Spirit being received as well as a promise that it is for all

as well as multiple outpourings of the Spirit

G

guest1

Sorry but you cannot prove what happened on the day of pentecost was a one time event whether you claim it was the fulfillment of the promise of the indwelling Spirit in the new covenant manner or even just a charasmatic outpouring

and we have already seen two examples of the Spirit being received as well as a promise that it is for all

Look up the word “ Pent” a cost . 50 days after the resurrection means something. It’s a precise / exact day. God is an exacting Lord who had the day of the crucifixion, days in the grave, resurrection , Ascension, Day of Pentecost all planned out with precision .

next

T

TomFL

So you're going ignore my question about how did Abraham cry "Abba Father"..... and how did Abraham please God without the Spirit of God?
You quoted a verse that did not speak of Abraham or the old covenant era

as I already noted

the promise of the spirit was future to Abraham in the old covenant era

again Ezekiel 36; Joel 2 Jeremiah 31 were all future promises in the old covenant era

Your demand that Paul specifically state in his epistle "Abraham was indwelt by the Spirit of God" is ridiculous.

Why because you don't have one nor does one appear anywhere in the bible ?

Should we ignore the fact that John told us the spirits coming was dependant upon Christ departure and glorification ?

If you can't please God without the Spirit of God, how in the world did Abraham?

Faith pleases God Heb 11

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Thusly... Paul said..

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
In the flesh refers to a carnal mind

Romans 8:7 (KJV)
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

a mind that seeks only earthly pleasures

T

TomFL

Look up the word “ Pent” a cost . 50 days after the resurrection means something. It’s a precise / exact day. God is an exacting Lord who had the day of the crucifixion, days in the grave, resurrection , Ascension, Day of Pentecost all planned out with precision .

next
Except I clearly spoke of what events transpired on that day not the day itself

Did you not see

and the fact I also noted to you when you suggested pentecost was unique

Now do you want to deal with what I was speaking about ?

T

TomFL

Multiple Pentecosts?

Where?
Where did you see any mention of multiple days of pentecost

I mentioned only the events of that day

i.e. men receiving the spirit or even a charismatic outpouring if you view that is all that happened on the day of pentecost

G

guest1

Rea

Did you not see

Now do you want to deal with what I was speaking about ?
Read your Bible as the DAY of Pentecost was just that, the day which was prophecied and fulfilled as per Peter saying it was fulfilled on that very DAY in Acts 2.

next

G

guest1

Have you ever seen Tom and Seth logged in at the same time....? ;)
I don’t remember ever arguing with anyone that the day of Pentecost was not a specific day on Gods calendar. This is a first for me lol.

What about you ?

T

TomFL

Rea

Read your Bible as the DAY of Pentecost was just that, the day which was prophecied and fulfilled as per Peter saying it was fulfilled on that very DAY in Acts 2.

next
Did you not read

How many times do you need to be told I am speaking of what happened on that day not the day itself

Did you not see

Now do you want to deal with what I was actually speaking about ?

T

TomFL

I don’t remember ever arguing with anyone that the day of Pentecost was not a specific day on Gods calendar. This is a first for me lol.

What about you ?
And you still were not

Did you not see that ?

I have posted it multiple times and even described what i was talking about

again the spirit being poured out and
charismatic happenings

T

TomFL

BTW I’m done with the Pentecost argument . It’s not up for debate. It’s like arguing with seth over Jesus humanity .
Nonsense it is unrelated and you totally failed to read and understand what was being stated

ReverendRV

Nonsense it is unrelated and you totally failed to read and understand what was being stated

How can Civic ever fail??

T

TomFL

You failed to prove your premise. Where is the verse that says OT filling was only for service?

This is EXACTLY what you ask for when we share truth deduced from Scripture. So where is the verse?
The fact the only time the bible speaks of the spirit filling anyone

the reference was to a prophet, leader or king

and prophesies of a general filling were eschatological in nature fulfilled in the new covenant

example Ezek 36; Joel 2

as I have noted a number of times now

but it appears you ignored it

SovereignGrace

You failed to prove your premise. Where is the verse that says OT filling was only for service?

This is EXACTLY what you ask for when we share truth deduced from Scripture. So where is the verse?
Then it happened when he turned his back to leave Samuel, God changed his heart; and all those signs came about on that day. When they came to the hill there, behold, a group of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him mightily, so that he prophesied among them.[1 Samuel 10:9-10]

This was referring to Saul. We know that Saul’s ending was not good, yet here the Spirit of God came upon him and he prophesied. So, even when the Spirit moved ppl, it wasn’t always the saved that He moved.

Theo1689

The fact the only time the bible speaks of the spirit filling anyone
the reference was to a prophet, leader or king

So was Elizabeth (Luke 1:41) "a prophet, leader or king"?

Was everyone in Ephesus (Eph. 5:18) "a prophet, leader or king"?