No one who does good , not even one

TomFL

Actually no I haven’t noticed that.

I’ve noticed you have
Seems you do not care much about truth and post nothing but denials of reality

again not one is actually addressing all of the verses

faith before life

John 20:31 (KJV)
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 5:40 (KJV)
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

faith before being made a child of God

John 1:12 (ESV)
12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Galatians 3:26 (KJV)
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

faith before a purified heart

Acts 15:9 (KJV)
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

Faith before quickening

Colossians 2:12-13 (KJV)
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

praise_yeshua

I don't care what you believe about me. False teachers like you resort to lying and ad hominem because you cannot stand on the Word of God.

BTW I have never even read any of Calvin's works. Your false witness is well noted. I have had conversations with others on this forums Re Acts 17:27 so your false witness can be recognized by those.

The fact that you think Acts and Romans contradict each other is another sign of a false teacher thinking they have a leg to stand on, when it becomes clear there is none.

I never said anything about Calvin's work. He wrote in French and Latin. I don't expect anyone to have actually read his work. What others say and translate about him... is another story. Yes. There is a difference.

praise_yeshua

You can spend days teaching anything that is not scripturally factual and call it FACT. That will however not make it scripturaly true.
How absurd, and how great do you think you are to try and act as though extra biblical teachings are fine.

Carbon asked you for scripture to strengthen or prove your stance and you accuse him of believing what he wants, when clearly he believes the actual Word of God and not your version of what you believe it should teach.

The hubris is amazing.
Carbon and I have a history. A short history but a history. What I said was relative to our history.

I believe he is sincere. I hope he becomes a better man than I am. I pray/hope nothing but good things for him. It just doesn't make sense for us to go at each other. He gets aggravated and I do too. We have much in common....

Carbon

Seems you do not care much about truth and post nothing but denials of reality

again not one is actually addressing all of the verses

faith before life
Well Tom, things ain’t always as they seem.

I, and others, have tried addressing the scriptures according to Tom.

But you just won’t listen.

TomFL

Well Tom, things ain’t always as they seem.

I, and others, have tried addressing the scriptures according to Tom.

But you just won’t listen.
Listen to what ?

You have not addressed this series of verses and you did not address John 20:31 or John 12:47 before that

Lets have some integrity here

None of you guys are addressing these arguments

some responses are nothing but rhetoric, some just ad hominem and some went elsewhere with out of context citiations which were promptly shot down

None have really dealt with these

faith before life

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Faith before quickening

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

its a slam dunk

Manfred

Do your fabrications have no end ?
No fabrications.

You falsely teach people that they are able to understand spiritual truths in the natural, thereby experiencing the Kingdom of God without redemption needed.

Do you deny that you teach people all Spiritual truths are not folly to them, only the really, really "deep" ones.

Try taking your glasses off and read 1 and 2 Cor, an see that it is not by human wisdom that one comes to know God...

Manfred

You failed to deal with your neglect of context and then you fabricate
No fabrication required.

Do you now deny that you teach it is your faith that is the power unto salvation...

The scriptures don't teach that your faith is the power, no matter how hard you try and say they do. You are a false teacher Tom.

4 and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

You keep trying to argue that the context is NOT that your faith does not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

No one but you is drinking that cool aid.

Manfred

You have not addressed this series of verses and you did not address John 20:31 or John 12:47 before that
More Hubris.

Your cry is constantly out of context, but you are the one starting off with a false premise, and then you think those scriptures support your false premise.

That is typical though of false teachers and those stuck in cults.

TomFL

More Hubris.

Your cry is constantly out of context, but you are the one starting off with a false premise, and then you think those scriptures support your false premise.

That is typical though of false teachers and those stuck in cults.
LOL

You haven't been able to prove any of your claims

In fact you offer only projection and strawmen

BTW Southern Baptist provisionism is not a cult

But then I do not expect you will know what you are talking about

TomFL

No fabrication required.

Do you now deny that you teach it is your faith that is the power unto salvation...

The scriptures don't teach that your faith is the power, no matter how hard you try and say they do. You are a false teacher Tom.

4 and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

You keep trying to argue that the context is NOT that your faith does not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

No one but you is drinking that cool aid.
If fabrication is not required why do you do it ?

Yes I deny faith is the power of God unto salvation

so what fabrication will you bring up next ?

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 (KJV)
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

what I argued was

still nothing there about God infusing faith into anyone

showing you had fabricated once again in claiming

"you keep trying to argue that the context is NOT that your faith does not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God."

ce

TomFL

No fabrications.

You falsely teach people that they are able to understand spiritual truths in the natural, thereby experiencing the Kingdom of God without redemption needed.

Do you deny that you teach people all Spiritual truths are not folly to them, only the really, really "deep" ones.

Try taking your glasses off and read 1 and 2 Cor, an see that it is not by human wisdom that one comes to know God...
Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about being able to understand the gospel does not mean you have experienced the kingdom of God

further it seems you deliberately twist what i have stated

No where have I ever stated that it is by human wisdom that one comes to know God

i do state it is by the gospel. by God revealed truth one comes to know God

Why is it you constantly fabricate ?

Why do you always seem to find it necessary to distort what I say ?

As for being able to understand revealed truth

The bible shows God's word is sufficient

1 Corinthians 1:21 (KJV)
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

maybe you had better read context

John 20:31 (KJV 1900)

This clearly presupposes the gospel may be understood

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV 1900)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

presupposes Holy scriptures may be understood

Isaiah 55:11 (KJV 1900)

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

It shall not return unto me void,

But it shall accomplish that which I please,

And it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God’s word prospers in whatever it is set out to do

revealed truth won't accomplish anything in those it was meant to if no one can understand it

Psalm 19:7 (KJV 1900)

7 ………………………The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

The word of God makes the simple wise

Contrary to your theology which opposes the word of God

Psalm 119:130 (KJV 1900)

130 The entrance of thy words giveth light;

It giveth understanding unto the simple.

Again contrary to the false theology you teach

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The word of God brings faith. It must be understood to do so

Spiritual truth is foolishness to those who depend on worldly wisdom instead of the wisdom which comes from God

certainly not to these

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

TomFL

No fabrications.
BTW you failed to deal with these also

Listen to what ?

Lets have some integrity here

None of you guys are addressing these arguments

some responses are nothing but rhetoric, some just ad hominem

and some went elsewhere

That was you as you ran to unrelated texts

None have really dealt with these

faith before life

Faith before quickening

Deal with them for a change and avoid the constant fabrications and distortions as to what I believe

Manfred

LOL

You haven't been able to prove any of your claims
And have you started teaching something else now? I doubt it...

Peter lifted up his voice and addressed them... Acts2

3000 believed and who knows how many did not....

What say you, Tom? What about those who did not believe? Why did 3000 believe and many did not. Where did their faith come from and where did the lack of faith come from.

Time to stop running away from your own false teachings.

Manfred

Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about being able to understand the gospel does not mean you have experienced the kingdom of God
Come now Tom, how can you understand something that is Spiritually discerned in the natural?

Your teaching is that you can understand and believe the Gospel without the Spirit, thereby by implication that you can experience the Kingdom of God in the natural.

Why do you try and deny it?

It is your false premise that the Gospel is not Spiritually discerned but it is discerned in the natural. "Tom...being able to understand the gospel does not mean you have experienced the kingdom of God"

This teaching is false and stands in contradiction with the word i.e.

Are you NOT the one teaching that you can understand the gospel without the power of God being involved.....

Again here is what Tom says: "being able to understand the gospel does not mean you have experienced the kingdom of God"

vs

What Paul inspired by the HS says: 4 and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Tom's word is in complete opposition to the word of God.

Is Paul NOT talking about the gospel here Tom?
2 And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. 2 For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

Manfred

You talk about integrity, yet you start with a false premise and you cannot properly address the false premise.

31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Those people at Pentecost, or the 5000 a week later, or the Corinthians all who came to faith did they read the book of John to come to faith....
Of course not. They heard the Gospel preached, and it is by the power of God that they came to believe when they heard.

Your notion that the book of John is the revelation is a false premise.

Show some integrity man.

Reformedguy

You talk about integrity, yet you start with a false premise and you cannot properly address the false premise.

31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Those people at Pentecost, or the 5000 a week later, or the Corinthians all who came to faith did they read the book of John to come to faith....
Of course not. They heard the Gospel preached, and it is by the power of God that they came to believe when they heard.

Show some integrity man.
Good post. He will simply double down and do his best to change the topic or get you to chase rabbit trails like his boss choice meats.

TomFL

Come now Tom, how can you understand something that is Spiritually discerned in the natural?

Your teaching is that you can understand and believe the Gospel without the Spirit, thereby by implication that you can experience the Kingdom of God in the natural.

Why do you try and deny it?

It is your false premise that the Gospel is not Spiritually discerned but it is discerned in the natural. "Tom...being able to understand the gospel does not mean you have experienced the kingdom of God"

This teaching is false and stands in contradiction with the word i.e.

Are you NOT the one teaching that you can understand the gospel without the power of God being involved.....

Again here is what Tom says: "being able to understand the gospel does not mean you have experienced the kingdom of God"

vs

What Paul inspired by the HS says: 4 and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Tom's word is in complete opposition to the word of God.

Is Paul NOT talking about the gospel here Tom?
2 And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. 2 For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
You ignored this

further it seems you deliberately twist what i have stated

No where have I ever stated that it is by human wisdom that one comes to know God

Why did you post that fabrication

i do state it is by the gospel. by God revealed truth one comes to know God

Why is it you constantly fabricate ?

Why do you always seem to find it necessary to distort what I say ?

BTW the gospel is the power of God to salvation for those that believe

and BTW revealed truth comes from the Spirit it is not apart from the spirit

2 Peter 1:20-21 (KJV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The source of scripture is not man's natural understanding or private interpretation but the very word of God revealed by the spirit

as was noted prteviously

As for being able to understand revealed truth

The bible shows God's word is sufficient

maybe you had better read context

John 20:31 (KJV 1900)

This clearly presupposes the gospel may be understood

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV 1900)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

presupposes Holy scriptures may be understood

Isaiah 55:11 (KJV 1900)

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

It shall not return unto me void,

But it shall accomplish that which I please,

And it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God’s word prospers in whatever it is set out to do

revealed truth won't accomplish anything in those it was meant to if no one can understand it

Psalm 19:7 (KJV 1900)

7 ………………………The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

The word of God makes the simple wise

Contrary to your theology which opposes the word of God

Psalm 119:130 (KJV 1900)

130 The entrance of thy words giveth light;

It giveth understanding unto the simple.

Again contrary to the false theology you teach

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The word of God brings faith. It must be understood to do so

Spiritual truth is foolishness to those who depend on worldly wisdom instead of the wisdom which comes from God

certainly not to these

You addressed none of these

and you still have no idea what you are talking about

Being able to understand the gospel is not evidence of experiencing the kingdom of God

Obviously you have no understanding of what it means to experience the kingdom of God

BTW it was the Spirit working on Paul not the spirit working on the hearers we see here

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 (KJV)
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

You just imagine the hearers could not understand his words

TomFL

Show some integrity man.

That is incredibly funny and sad at the same time

Is your understanding so blinded you cannot see what is in the text ?

Would John's gospel audibly extolled be mote effective in your thinking ?

TomFL

Good post. He will simply double down and do his best to change the topic or get you to chase rabbit trails like his boss choice meats.

Seems you have trouble reading the text as well

neither a change of topic or a rabbit trail

just a clear evidence of your failure to see what the text states

TomFL

And have you started teaching something else now? I doubt it...

Peter lifted up his voice and addressed them... Acts2

3000 believed and who knows how many did not....

What say you, Tom? What about those who did not believe? Why did 3000 believe and many did not. Where did their faith come from and where did the lack of faith come from.

Time to stop running away from your own false teachings.

Actually it time you were introduced to reality

What I teach i do not run from

What you twist and claim is my teaching is another matter

You have distorted and fabricated just what it is I believe

Why did they not believe ?

2 Thessalonians 2:10 (ESV)
10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

God created man with a capability for faith

How man uses or refuses to use that capability is in his own purview