No one who does good , not even one

T

TomFL

Non answer

You did state that the passage applies only to Israel, now your claim is only the part that says Jesus Chooses applies to Israel, the rest not.
You expose your false teachings even more.
Sorry but you are being deceptive

Once again you omit context

Just the opposite I think the surrounded text forms the context

You lift verses from their context and then read your meaning into them

The context concerning the wise who the gospel is hidden from

Matthew 11:16-25 (KJV)
16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.
20 Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:
21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

regarding the invitation to come I have not stated Jesus statement to come applies only to Israel

but the word did go out to Israel first

while we know from other scriptures the invitation is to all

example

Revelation 22:17 (NIV2011)
17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

try answering what was stated honestly

Our Lord's God

In Romans 3 it says this.

No one does good not even one

In Ecclesiastes 7 it says no one is just on earth and does good

In Psalm 14 and 53 it says there is no one who does good, not even one

How can any person say total depravity is not true after reading these passages and see their own sinfulness before our Holy and Righteous and Just God ?

I have a difficult time understanding how any one who says they are a Christian and believes the Bible can disagree with total depravity. They must not see themselves as sinners and think they are somehow good.

Did you miss the verses which refer to those who have done good and are good?

Manfred

Did you miss the verses which refer to those who have done good and are good?
The Atheist who loves his granddaughter and bounces her on his knee and buys her an ice cream is good.
Do you think his "goodness" will earn him a way into heaven?

Why do you think Job, who was a good guy went through a horrible ordeal?
4 Hear, and I will speak;
I will question you, and you make it known to me.
5 I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
but now my eye sees you;
6 therefore I despise myself,
and repent in dust and ashes. (Job 42)

T

TomFL

The Atheist who loves his granddaughter and bounces her on his knee and buys her an ice cream is good.
Do you think his "goodness" will earn him a way into heaven?

Why do you think Job, who was a good guy went through a horrible ordeal?
but now my eye sees you;
No one is perfect but many were declared righteous, or performed righteous acts

Able - Hebrews 11:4; 1 John 3:12

Lot - 2 Peter 2:7

Noah - Genesis 6:9; 7:1

Job - Job 1:1; 34:5

Abraham - Galatians 3:6

Lydia - Acts 16:14

Cornelius - Acts 10:22

Zechariah - Luke 1:5-6

Elizabeth - Luke 1:5-6

Joseph Matthew 1:19; Luke 23:50

Simeon Luke 2:25

Enoch Hebrews 11:5

1 Kings 14:8 (KJV)
8 And rent the kingdom away from the house of David, and gave it thee: and yet thou hast not been as my servant David, who kept my commandments, and who followed me with all his heart, to do that only which was right in mine eyes;

1 Kings 15:5 (KJV)
5 Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

1 Kings 15:11 (KJV)
11 And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father.

1 Kings 22:43 (KJV)
43 And he walked in all the ways of Asa his father; he turned not aside from it, doing that which was right in the eyes of the LORD: nevertheless the high places were not taken away; for the people offered and burnt incense yet in the high places.

2 Kings 12:2 (KJV)
2 And Jehoash did that which was right in the sight of the LORD all his days wherein Jehoiada the priest instructed him.

2 Kings 14:3 (KJV)
3 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, yet not like David his father: he did according to all things as Joash his father did.

2 Kings 15:3 (KJV)
3 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Amaziah had done;

2 Kings 15:34 (KJV)
34 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD: he did according to all that his father Uzziah had done.

2 Kings 22:2 (KJV)
2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in all the way of David his father, and turned not aside to the right hand or to the left.

2 Chronicles 20:32 (KJV)
32 And he walked in the way of Asa his father, and departed not from it, doing that which was right in the sight of the LORD.

2 Chronicles 24:2 (KJV)
2 And Joash did that which was right in the sight of the LORD all the days of Jehoiada the priest.

2 Chronicles 25:2 (KJV)
2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, but not with a perfect heart.

2 Chronicles 26:4 (KJV)
4 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Amaziah did.

Wordsearch Search results for: "was right"
2 Chronicles 27:2 (KJV)
2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Uzziah did: howbeit he entered not into the temple of the LORD. And the people did yet corruptly.

2 Chronicles 29:2 (KJV)
2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that David his father had done.

2 Chronicles 34:2 (KJV)
2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the ways of David his father, and declined neither to the right hand, nor to the left.

Manfred

8 And rent the kingdom away from the house of David, and gave it thee: and yet thou hast not been as my servant David, who kept my commandments, and who followed me with all his heart, to do that only which was right in mine eyes;

5 Because David did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any thing that he commanded him all the days of his life, save only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

11 And Asa did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD, as did David his father.

43 And he walked in all the ways of Asa his father; he turned not aside from it, doing that which was right in the eyes of the LORD: nevertheless the high places were not taken away; for the people offered and burnt incense yet in the high places.

2 And Jehoash did that which was right in the sight of the LORD all his days wherein Jehoiada the priest instructed him.

3 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, yet not like David his father: he did according to all things as Joash his father did.

3 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Amaziah had done;

34 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD: he did according to all that his father Uzziah had done.

2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in all the way of David his father, and turned not aside to the right hand or to the left.

32 And he walked in the way of Asa his father, and departed not from it, doing that which was right in the sight of the LORD.

2 And Joash did that which was right in the sight of the LORD all the days of Jehoiada the priest.

2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, but not with a perfect heart.

4 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Amaziah did.

2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father Uzziah did: howbeit he entered not into the temple of the LORD. And the people did yet corruptly.

2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, according to all that David his father had done.

2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the ways of David his father, and declined neither to the right hand, nor to the left.
And your point false teacher?

Are you trying to teach people that they can go to heaven without going through Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, that these people were perfectly righteous and holy and did not require redemption?

Are you saying all these scriptures you posted that people did not need the righteousness of Christ imputed to them, and that they deserved to get into heaven because of their good deeds?

Come now false teacher, speak plainly. Show us how salvation apart from Jesus Christ is possible!

T

TomFL

My point integrity challenged one is just what I stated

you did not address it

Are you trying to teach people that they can go to heaven without going through Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, that these people were perfectly righteous and holy and did not require redemption?

Are you saying all these scriptures you posted that people did not need the righteousness of Christ imputed to them, and that they deserved to get into heaven because of their good deeds?

Come now false teacher, speak plainly. Show us how salvation apart from Jesus Christ is possible!

Why would I affirm your dishonest comments ?

No such words have ever been seen in my posts nor are they a part of my doctrine

Is there a reason you need to constantly fabricate what I believe

rather than just address what was posted

Manfred

My point integrity challenged one is just what I stated

you did not address it

Why would I affirm your dishonest comments ?

No such words have ever been seen in my posts nor are they a part of my doctrine

Is there a reason you need to constantly fabricate what I believe

rather than just address what was posted
You obviously did not read what I wrote at #606

Job who was blameless and upright said he repented in dust and ashes.
So state plainly what you are trying to prove?
Do you think I deny that he was called blameless and upright?

but now my eye sees you;

Are you not the one claiming that faith rests not in the power of God but in your own choices?
So even Job who had heard of God and lived upright and blameless, received revelation that he needed more than just the hearing and he repented in dust and ashes.

Sethproton

Seriously? You thought that was what he was teaching, that one good work wins you Heaven? Why not discuss what he is actually teaching instead of twisting it and calling that twisted version his false teaching?

civic

Seriously? You thought that was what he was teaching, that one good work wins you Heaven? Why not discuss what he is actually teaching instead of twisting it and calling that twisted version his false teaching?
What are some things you consider false teachings that are salvific ?

Manfred

that one good work wins you Heaven?
Learn to read or go look for sensation somewhere else.

You think I was saying that one good work is what made Job blameless and upright, and that, that was my point...

Are you also not someone who believes that you can do a good work of choosing to believe and then you are saved?

T

TomFL

Care to show where I stated any such thing.

So what motivates you to suggest such

Why would you attempt to create a false impression

Expalin also how it is you continually post distortions of my views

I quoted scripture if you want to call me a false teacher prove those verses are false

Can you show something false with those verses

T

TomFL

Sethproton stated

It appears to be a tactic. It seems we see frequent distortions and posting of comments which no where appear in the post he supposedly is replying to

Sethproton

It appears to be a tactic. It seems we see frequent distortions and posting of comments which no where appear in the post he supposedly is replying to
Maybe he thinks he is understanding implications? many folks here, me included, can respond to the implications we mistakenly made, as if it was what the poster meant

T

TomFL

Maybe he thinks he is understanding implications? many folks here, me included, can respond to the implications we mistakenly made, as if it was what the poster meant
No it happens far too often

and there was no such implication in what was stated

T

TomFL

Seems here our guessing of implications is often wrong. Better for us to stick with exactlywhat the poster says
It's a tactic. Poison the well by making statements as though it is the belief of another even though the statements do not appear in the post replied to

couple that with avoiding what was actually stated and throw in a a false teacher epithet or two

Sethproton

It's a tactic. Poison the well by making statements as though it is the belief of another even though the statements do not appear in the post replied to

couple that with avoiding what was actually stated and throw in a a false teacher epithet or two
We see that all the time, Some posters seem to do it intentionally because their responses are regularly far off from the post they reply to.
But many of us are striving to interpret the Word as fully as we can

T

TomFL

We see that all the time, Some posters seem to do it intentionally because their responses are regularly far off from the post they reply to.
But many of us are striving to interpret the Word as fully as we can
Yes but some are intentionally far off