No person can come to Christ by their own freewill !

ReverendRV

I have a two part question about King David. Yes, I am going somewhere with this, but first I would like yours (and everyone elses) opinion on it.

This is just for opinion, but do you think that David went to heaven or hell? And where do you think HE expected to go when he died?
I think King David went to Heaven, and I think he expected to go to Heaven to be with his baby son...

cadwell

Another contradiction as I said the same thing as Reverend . You are inconsistent to say the least .
What’s the contradiction. When you said it I agreed as well. This time he said it when i don’t really feel like going in depth. Sorry if you feel like he got off easier than you.

G

guest1

What did I miss?
I believe David knew he would be with his son in heaven and that was his hope even though we cannot prove it from David’s comment. He fought me on this snd turned it into an original sin debate.

ReverendRV

I believe David knew he would be with his son in heaven and that was his hope even though we cannot prove it from David’s comment. He fought me on this snd turned it into an original sin debate.
Certainly Original Sin is the Truth of the Bible...

You are against the Prophet David knowing his Son will be in Heaven?

G

guest1

Certainly Original Sin is the Truth of the Bible...

You are against the Prophet David knowing his Son will be in Heaven?
No my comment was that of David’s hope as defined in Hebrews 11- faith is the evidence of things not seen and the assurance of things hoped for. So yes by faith David believed he would reunite with his son in the future.

I have this same hope as we once lost a son in our first trimester and a granddaughter recently in my daughters first trimester. So I have a similar hope . I will have to wait and see.

cadwell

Now whos misrepresenting? I never contended with you about what David and his expectations in 2 sam 12:23, all I asked for was theological evidence that would explain Davids hope, in light of your view of Ps 51. I didnt turn it into an "original sin" debate, your view of Ps 51 was in focus from the beginning. I was upfront about that.

ReverendRV

No my comment was that of David’s hope as defined in Hebrews 11- faith is the evidence of things not seen and the assurance of things hoped for. So yes by faith David believed he would reunite with his son in the future.

I have this same hope as we once lost a son in our first trimester and a granddaughter recently in my daughters first trimester. So I have a similar hope . I will have to wait and see.
Amen!

Do you think his belief he will go to Heaven and meet his baby, was also a Divine Revelation that Elect Infants dying in their Infancy go to Heaven?

cadwell

Did David "hope" to be with his child again? Is that what he said?

cadwell

Amen!

Do you think his belief he will go to Heaven and meet his baby, was also a Divine Revelation that Elect Infants dying in their Infancy go to Heaven?
I know people type "lol" all the time, but at most will smirk. But your unyielding desire to inject calvinism into EVERYTHING actually gave me a hearty laugh.

Theo1689

Amen!

Spurgeon believed that.
Johnny Mac believes that.
I don't.
I'm 1689 Baptist, and believe that elect infants go to heaven.

As James White said, if all who die in infancy go to heaven, that makes abortion the greatest salvation mechanism known to man.

Besides, it's a very fallacious forum of argumentation:

1) David's son who died in infancy went to heaven.
2) Therefore all who die in infancy go to heaven?

Compare:

1) I am an accountant.
2) All humans are therefore accountants?

ReverendRV

Spurgeon believed that.
Johnny Mac believes that.
I don't.
I'm 1689 Baptist, and believe that elect infants go to heaven.

As James White said, if all who die in infancy go to heaven, that makes abortion the greatest salvation mechanism known to man.
I used to be like that too. I don't know if you'll read my Gospel Tract on it, but I'll post it for @cadwell too...

ReverendRV

I used to be like that too. I don't know if you'll read my Gospel Tract on it, but I'll post it for @cadwell too...
Sanctity of Life ~ by Reverend RV

Jeremiah 1:5 NASB; "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."

In 1973 the Supreme Court effectively legalized Abortion through their ruling in the Roe versus Wade case. In 1984 President Reagan declared the Sunday closest to the anniversary of Roe v Wade to be an observance of the Sanctity of Life. Abortion is an American Holocaust in many ways; Politically we’ve lost fifty+ million tax payers, Socially we’ve lost mostly Minorities, and spiritually every one that was lost is a Christian. ~ “How can you know that?!” The Church teaches that all who die in Infancy go to Heaven. “So shouldn’t we abort more babies to ensure they will go to Heaven?” No, they would have gone to Heaven if they’d lived because Christ will lose no one; this means they would have of their own free Will chosen to become a Christian. ~ Imagine America consisting of 50 million more tax paying, Christian minorities…

When you’ve lived long enough, you will have to give an account for your life on the day you meet God. ~ Have you ever told a Lie? A baby hasn’t had enough time to tell a Lie; but you have. What do you call people that Lie to you? Have you ever stolen something? You’ve lived long enough to have stolen a lot; what would you call someone that stole from you? Have you ever had a god other than the God of the Bible? Jesus said babies love him, no wonder they go to Heaven when they die in their Infancy. ~ These were just three of the Ten Commandments, if God judged you by his standard would you be innocent or guilty? You object, “I’d be innocent as a baby!” Because of the Original Sin of Adam, a baby needs to be Saved too; how good is God that he Saves them? ~ God sends unsaved Sinners to Hell for all eternity…

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him shall not perish but have everlasting life. He lived a Sinless life and was good enough to go to Heaven, and good enough to be the sacrifice for Sin. Jesus shed his blood on the Cross to pay for Sin, died and was buried; but rose from the dead as the Author of Life! We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the risen Savior Jesus Christ, without Working to earn our Consecration. Repent of your Sin, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God, and join a Church that loves to reach the Lost. ~ The devil may not be able to decrease Heaven’s numbers through Abortion, but he can weaken the Church. Where is our generation’s ‘Great Awakening’; could it be in a Medical Waste can at the Abortion Clinic? Was our generation’s Billy Sunday aborted back in 1973? Perhaps our William Carrey has had his Mind relieved of him through Partial Birth Abortion. Maybe the next Generations John MacArthur will be someone’s “Plan B” next week. ~ Adolph Hitler got away with mass Murder by declaring that Jews are subhuman; killing millions of God’s people. Aborted babies are God’s people too, our brothers and sisters; let’s Unite and lovingly work for change…

1st John 4:21 NASB; And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

Theo1689

I'll read it... But unfortunately, your post carries with it an underlying assumption (perhaps unintended) that I see all too often here, that the reason people hold particular views is because they are ignorant, and all that it takes is for someone to explain to them the opposing view (as if they haven't heard it a hundred times before), and they'll suddenly be "informed" and agree with you.

I really don't understand why people feel so obsessed with others agreeing with them all the time. People bait me to "convince" them of things they already decided they refuse to believe, and I really couldn't care less if they disagree with me. And I certainly don't see the point of trying to convince someone of something they've already decided they're not going to accept.

I sensed the possibility of that coming up with the "original sin" discussion, but with all due respect, I couldn't care less whether cadwell accepts or rejects it. It has nothing to do with me.

Theo1689

When you’ve lived long enough, you will have to give an account for your life on the day you meet God. ~ Have you ever told a Lie? A baby hasn’t had enough time to tell a Lie; but you have.

Where is that taught in the Bible?
It sounds like you reject original sin, and hold to an "age of accountability".
I don't find either of those positions to be Biblical.

Jesus said babies love him, no wonder they go to Heaven when they die in their Infancy.

Where did Jesus ever say that?
I don't find that to be Biblical, either.