No physical Temples?

Biblical Grace? we call it Gods Grace, even in Our Book of Mormon we consider the following:

2 Nephi 25:23
23 For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.
"After all you can do" refers to EARNING a blessing.

“In order to receive this blessing [exaltation in the celestial kingdom], one must keep the full law…”
Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation 2:41

“We believe that through the Atonement of Christ all, mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.”
Third Article of Faith, canonized scripture

Last edited:
No the concept is clearly taught over and over and your apostles and prophets used the word EARN multiple times, but you guys just bury your heads in the sand because contradicting truth is an accepted policy.
No. Eternal life goes to them that obey Him. That means that those who will be saved must do something different than those who won't. That takes work. Rev 3:21 "The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne." Conquer implies winning, winning implies earning.

Once again, you only prove that our critics do not believe the Bible.

No. Eternal life goes to them that obey Him. That means that those who will be saved must do something different than those who won't. That takes work. Rev 3:21 "The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne." Conquer implies winning, winning implies earning.

Once again you prove your inability to understand what you have quoted. You missed the context.

No matter how many commandments you obey, you won’t get there without a changed heart. Christ said He wouldn’t know you, no matter how many good works you perform.

That’s what you don’t understand. He‘s concerned with what’s really in our hearts, what our motivation is. With His new covenant and new commandments, He’s trying to teach us to love each other the way He loves us. That’s the purpose of everything. If our motivation is love and gratitude to Him for his mercy towards us, we’ll treat each other with respect. Because our hearts are truly changed with Christ-like love. Then we can be trusted to live in His kingdom with Him forever.

But if your motivation is rewards for rote obedience, or racking up points, you won’t make it.

Last edited:
There is and your response shows you do not grasp that difference which is why we say you have a works-based religion. You simply do not understand grace.

Organ--I have a question for you.

Is this an example of a "works-based religion"?

1 John 2:3-4--King James Version
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Organ--I have a question for you.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
Asked and answered many times. Again you are clueless.

dberrie said---Organ--I have a question for you.

Asked and answered many times. Again you are clueless.

LOL! The ole "asked and already answered" retort.

Com' on Organ--humor us one more time. You are the one who hurls the "works-based religion" charges.

The fact is--what you call "works-based religion"--the scriptures testify is the gospel of Jesus Christ:

1 Corinthians 7:19---King James Version
19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

dberrie said---Organ--I have a question for you.

LOL! The ole "asked and already answered" retort.

Com' on Organ--humor us one more time. You are the one who hurls the "works-based religion" charges.

The fact is--what you call "works-based religion"--the scriptures testify is the gospel of Jesus Christ:

1 Corinthians 7:19---King James Version
19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
The unsaved will depend on works that don't come from God or glorify God. Mormons don't know God.

We agree with you, Bonnie. You, nor the church you attend--has any need for them.

But the NT testimony is--the people of God do:

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

And that somehow covers up or cancels out the testimony here--how?

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
I may get some push back from some of my Christian brothers and sisters. First and foremost, Revelation has four interpretations. Even the Mormon Church has selected a form of one of them. Here is my take on these verses.

My position is that most of Revelation has taken place. This passage has already occurred and is in the past. Some supporting passages include:
Revelation 1
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place;
3 Blessed is the one who reads, and those who hear the words of the prophecy and keep the things which are written in it; for the time is near.
Revelation 22
7 “And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is the one who [e]keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

So, your Temple verses are past, not future...

I may get some push back from some of my Christian brothers and sisters. First and foremost, Revelation has four interpretations. Even the Mormon Church has selected a form of one of them. Here is my take on these verses.

My position is that most of Revelation has taken place. This passage has already occurred and is in the past. Some supporting passages include:
Revelation 1
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place;
3 Blessed is the one who reads, and those who hear the words of the prophecy and keep the things which are written in it; for the time is near.
Revelation 22
7 “And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is the one who [e]keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

So, your Temple verses are past, not future...
I will disagree with your position, but it isn't necessary to go through it here. We are talking Mormonism beliefs here, not non-salvational issues Christians may have differences on.

"After all you can do" refers to EARNING a blessing.

“In order to receive this blessing [exaltation in the celestial kingdom], one must keep the full law…”
Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation 2:41

“We believe that through the Atonement of Christ all, mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.”
Third Article of Faith, canonized scripture
Chuckle... just another word Evangelics must throw out... OBEDIENCE... they have no clue to its place in working our out Salvation...

Chuckle... just another word Evangelics must throw out... OBEDIENCE... they have no clue to its place in working our out Salvation...
On the contrary, we know all about how obedience plays a part in you working out your salvation. But we understand that Christ has already worked ours out. And we follow Him out of gratitude, faith and love.

Who denied that followers of Christ are obedient. The Bible says "By their fruits ye shall know them." Why do you insist that Evangeicals have no fruits. Don't be so arrogant.

So--is this an example of "earning a blessing"?

Matthew 10:22---King James Version
22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
He that endures to the end is kept to the end by God!

Philippiams 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

1 Corinthians 1:8
Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 10
25Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

Who denied that followers of Christ are obedient. The Bible says "By their fruits ye shall know them."
I believe the Bible makes it clear that if you aren't obedient, then you're not a follower of Christ. If you don't keep the commandments, regardless of what you claim you are, it would be impossible to be a follower of Christ. It's that simple.

He that endures to the end is kept to the end by God!
This statement looks an awful lot like OSAS. I guess if God is going to keep them to the end, that means they can do no evil, no matter what. I don't think the scriptures support that idea.
Philippiams 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
Show of confidence in a particular group of people is not OSAS theology. It was merely Paul's opinion, not a grant of grace that those people could not fall out of.
1 Corinthians 1:8
Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Again, a vote of confidence, not a prediction of the future. And yet, in the very next paragraph, Paul is calling for unity in the church because there were divisions. So, not everyone was enduring to the end. Maybe they actually had to endure rather than be forced or just forgiven.
John 10: 25-28
Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
But nothing here indicates that the sheep can't leave. They just can't be taken. If they aren't following him, which is what they need to endure to the end in doing, then they aren't his sheep. It's your choice. Jesus is not a sheep herder. He does not have sheepdogs herding the malcontents into the fold. With a shepherd, the sheep actually have to follow.

Ephesians 2:20---King James Version

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

This temple in Ephesians 2:20 is made up of the people of God. And to add to that, each Christian is a Temple of the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 3:17
King James Version
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 6:19
King James Version
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Back