No physical Temples?

The LDS not only have the past apostles and prophets--their church is presently led by living, mortal apostles and prophets.

You misspelled "lying".

Heb. 1:1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

You live in "time past".
We Christians live in these "latter days", where we don't need "prophets", since we have the SON.

We don't have "servants", we have the SON.

Where in the NT were the living, mortal apostles and prophets not leading His church?

Acts 16:4-5---King James Version
4 And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.
5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

Um, this is referring to the "decrees" which were ordained, not "apostles and prophets".
You're great at twisting Scripture and ripping it out of context.

how does one "Come unto Christ" by obedience to all his laws and commandments...

That's simply not Biblcal.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

a word we hardly ever see Christians acknowledge "obedience" versus Save by Faith Alone.

We talk about it all the time.
You're simply not listening.

We are not saved by any "works" or "obedience" we do:

Eph. 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

2Tim. 1:9 who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,

Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Rom. 4:1 What then shall we say was gained by Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh? 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.” 4 Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. 5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, 6 just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:

Rom. 9:11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls— 12 she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” 13 As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

Rom. 11:5 So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. 6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

Obedience comes AFTER salvation, not prior to it:

Eph. 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Phil. 2:12
Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Obedience! our willingness to obey Heavenly Father's commandments.

Then you must have much to boast about.

To what extent? are you obedient to Baptism and if so why?

Of course.
Why? Because we love God.

are you obedient to tithing and if not why?

Because it's Mosaic Law, and a requirement.
We are obedient to personal giving, which is free, and not obligated.

Christian have a habit of pick and choose that which they want to live and believe....

Nope.
That's Mormons.

you only have a parcel of the Gospel of Christ and won't acknowledge That the Kingdom of God here on earth has retirements....

That's okay... I'm getting ready to "retire". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You make yourself a slave to the law.
Too bad for you.

Faith, Repentance, Baptism and Gift of the Holy Ghost... all stated in the Bible.

Three of those were given to us by God.
And baptism is not a "requirement".

Nowhere does it say, "And he that is baptized not shall be damned."
But that's okay... I was baptized, and I suspect the other Christians here were as well.
Not out of obligation, but freely out of the love for God.

The truth will set you free (Bible)... Faith alone is all that it takes to be saved, never mentioned is obedience... correct me if you can...

That's because dberrie seems to control the discussion, and he's obsessed with his wrong understanding of what "faith alone" even means.

Luke 6:46

“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?

Why do you ASSUME we don't obey?
We DO obey, but we obey out of love, not out of obligation.

Philippians 2:8

And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Um, that's about Christ.
Do you think it's about us?
Are you planning to be crucified anytime soon, Richard?
If so, can I get an invite?

Matthew 7:21

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

And that would be Christians.
What part of that don't you understand?

Acts 5:29

But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.

And all theChristians said, "Amen!"

Deuteronomy 28:13

And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you shall only go up and not down, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, being careful to do them,

So you want us to reject Christ in favour of going back to the Mosaic Law?
Better get a supplier for all the doves, pigeons, goats and bulls you're going to have to start sacrificing.

Why do you ASSUME we don't obey?
We DO obey, but we obey out of love, not out of obligation.
If you want, we can discuss obedience and works... that is if its not off topic or needs to go to another FORUM.

Um, that's about Christ.
Do you think it's about us?
Are you planning to be crucified anytime soon, Richard?
If so, can I get an invite?
Really, you find that humorous, or something you would wish on someone... wanting a invite is only stating you wouldn't mind seeing me crucified.. I take it you believe your a follower of Christ, then act like one.

So you want us to reject Christ in favour of going back to the Mosaic Law?
Better get a supplier for all the doves, pigeons, goats and bulls you're going to have to start sacrificing.
Actually, they just sent to Israel 4 Red Heifers for sacrificing before the Temple can be built again... amazing how the Bible seems to dwell on the third temple to be build by the Jews...

You live in "time past".
We Christians live in these "latter days", where we don't need "prophets", since we have the SON.

Are you claiming the NT church--with the living prophets and apostles there--didn't have the Son also? How are the two exclusive to one another?

We don't have "servants", we have the SON.

The NT church had both--why shouldn't Christ's church also?

Um, this is referring to the "decrees" which were ordained, not "apostles and prophets".
You're great at twisting Scripture and ripping it out of context.

The posted scripture showed the decrees were ordained of the apostles--and that is the way the churches were established:

Acts 16:4-5---King James Version
4 And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.
5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

"Imagery" that seems to elude the theology of every non-LDS Christian religion.

No, it doesn't.
They have nothing that even comes close to that imagery.

Of course we do! Read Dr. Louis Brighton's translation of and commentary on Revelation. Something like 75 % of Revelation derives its imagery from the OT.
But the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints doesn't need to imagine anything. It has the imagery in tangible form.

No, it has the imagination of Joseph Smith, Jr.
In fact, these actually do have multitudes dressed in white, in every nation and language worshipping day and night. No imagery needed.
Not everything in Revelation is a figure of speech, or imagery. But what do the white garments represent? That part is imagery.

But what do the white garments represent? That part is imagery.

Bonnie--the fact is--you would like the white garments, the temple, the servants in the temple, all--to go away. Reduce all to the imagery. Please make it go away.

You have stated there is no more need for a temple--and there it is--with servants wearing white garments--serving God--in His temple. Sounds like something which goes on in the LDS temples--does it not?

I go to the temple often--and I can tell you Rev7 is an exact pattern of LDS Temple rites.

Bonnie--the fact is--you would like the white garments, the temple, the servants in the temple, all--to go away. Reduce all to the imagery. Please make it go away.

You have stated there is no more need for a temple--and there it is--with servants wearing white garments--serving God--in His temple. Sounds like something which goes on in the LDS temples--does it not?

I go to the temple often--and I can tell you Rev7 is an exact pattern of LDS Temple rites.
No, mormon temples are not at all the same thing. Satan has no place in God’s temple, but he has a major role in yours. He stares at you from the screen and threatens you into obedience. That doesn’t come from God. That’s not about serving God. Neither are death oaths, secret handshakes, penalties, and all the rest. You’re just pretending. And you’re serving the wrong person.

No, mormon temples are not at all the same thing.

Sorry, Mag--but the description of the temple and the things appertaining to the temple, found in Revelation 7 ---bears a strong resemblance to LDS temple rites:

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Sorry, Mag--but the description of the temple and the things appertaining to the temple, found in Revelation 7 ---bears a strong resemblance to LDS temple rites:

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
No, I already showed you how it’s not the same at all. You seem to be hung up on white robes. That’s a metaphor for having your sins washed away thru the blood of the lamb.

We are told that now we are the temple of the Lord…

1Cor 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

2Cor 6:16 And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: “I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

And how many threads do you need about temples? Is this your new obsession, now that you can’t spam “faith alone” all over the boards?

No, I already showed you how it’s not the same at all. You seem to be hung up on white robes. That’s a metaphor for having your sins washed away thru the blood of the lamb.

It's certainly symbolic of pureness, or having one cleansed in the Blood of the Lamb--but what is your proof it's not a physical robe also?

The fact is--it's a close pattern to LDS temples--regardless of anyone's denial.

We are told that now we are the temple of the Lord…

That in no way covers up or cancels out the reality of the temple found in Revelation 7 or 11.

It's certainly symbolic of pureness, or having one cleansed in the Blood of the Lamb--but what is your proof it's not a physical robe also?

The fact is--it's a close pattern to LDS temples--regardless of anyone's denial.
Do you know how many other groups wear white robes in their ceremonies? A lot.

That in no way covers up or cancels out the reality of the temple found in Revelation 7 or 11.
Revelations is a vision about the future. Not in this lifetime. And we have Christ’s words while He was here teaching us that we are His temples. No word about building more buildings. He dwells in us. That is what we were told.

Do you know how many other groups wear white robes in their ceremonies? A lot.

Who are you claiming has a temple where the servants wear white robes in performing ceremonies?

Revelations is a vision about the future.

It's Revelation--not Revelations.

And the Book of Revelation is about the present and the future.

Not in this lifetime. And we have Christ’s words while He was here teaching us that we are His temples.

How are you claiming that point somehow covers up or cancels out the temple found in Revelation?

Revelation 11:1-2---King James Version
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

No word about building more buildings. He dwells in us. That is what we were told.

So--how do you believe he temple appears in Revelation above--unless it was built?

Who are you claiming has a temple where the servants wear white robes in performing ceremonies?
The Cao Dai temple in Tay Ninh, Vietnam.
Buddhist monks at temple Angkor Wat Siem Reap Cambodia.
Jainism monks in their temples.
There are many others.

It's Revelation--not Revelations.
Well, excuuuuuuse me.

And the Book of Revelation is about the present and the future.
Has the great Tribulation happened yet?

How are you claiming that point somehow covers up or cancels out the temple found in Revelation?

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

So--how do you believe he temple appears in Revelation above--unless it was built?
Future

There are many others.

"Buddhists do not believe in any kind of deity or god, although there are supernatural figures who can help or hinder people on the path towards enlightenment."

I don't find the name of Jesus Christ in your list.

You will have to list the Christian denominations where Jesus Christ is worshipped in the temple--with white robes--day and night--as I don't believe Revelation would be referring to any other type temple.

What temple does your denomination have where servants wear white robes--serving God?

Well, excuuuuuuse me. Has the great Tribulation happened yet? Future

What has that to do with the temple here ---being built?

IE--

Magdalena said: No word about building more buildings. He dwells in us. That is what we were told.

So--are you claiming that Jesus dwelling in us--supersedes the existence of the temple above?

And the Book of Revelation is about the present and the future
That's true regardless of which point of view is used, theirs or ours. Why would anyone think that we aren't the writer's future?
Not to mention the fact that an argument against "this lifetime" cancels the previous argument that John's vision was yet future. What lifetime is future if not ours?

There are many others.
No, they're not. Your straining. So, you propose that John was having a vision about Jainism monks? That's laughable on its face.
Has the great Tribulation happened yet?
Yes. It was called the "dark ages". It still evades the attention of Christians world wide because their clueless professors of religion are blind sheep leading the blind.

"Buddhists do not believe in any kind of deity or god, although there are supernatural figures who can help or hinder people on the path towards enlightenment."

I don't find the name of Jesus Christ in your list.

You will have to list the Christian denominations where Jesus Christ is worshipped in the temple--with white robes--day and night--as I don't believe Revelation would be referring to any other type temple.

What temple does your denomination have where servants wear white robes--serving God?

What has that to do with the temple here ---being built?

IE--
You claimed that people in white robes serving in a temple mentioned in Revelation was evidence for mormonism. I pointed out several of other groups who wear white and serve in temples.

So--are you claiming that Jesus dwelling in us--supersedes the existence of the temple above?
I’ve answered your question several times. Do you really expect a different answer every time you ask it?

Back