No physical Temples?

You claimed that people in white robes serving in a temple mentioned in Revelation was evidence for mormonism.
His claim was about John's vision. Your argument appears to be that John's vision was about monks in another religion.
I pointed out several of other groups who wear white and serve in temples.
You pointed out one that has nothing to do with John's vision unless your argument is that John's vision was about Buddhist monks which it clearly isn't. It has to do with the followers of Christ which none of you so-called followers even remotely resemble.

His claim was about John's vision. Your argument appears to be that John's vision was about monks in another religion.
No, that’s not what I said at all. But I think you know that. He claims John’s vision is about the Mormon temples. And he uses the white clothes as evidence. He said no one else wears them in temples. I showed him otherwise.

You pointed out one that has nothing to do with John's vision unless your argument is that John's vision was about Buddhist monks which it clearly isn't. It has to do with the followers of Christ which none of you so-called followers even remotely resemble.
It’s a vision about a future temple in the Kingdom of God. But what we were told by Christ is that we are His temples now. Not some man-made buildings.

You claimed that people in white robes serving in a temple mentioned in Revelation was evidence for mormonism.

The point I made was there is a correlation between the temple description found in Revelation 7 and the LDS temple. That's a fact.

I pointed out several of other groups who wear white and serve in temples.

And I pointed out none of them believed Jesus Christ was the Savior and Redeemer of the world.

I'm still waiting on someone to explain for us, how we being temples--supersedes the physical temples found in Revelation, and the description of them.

The LDS church has the temple--and the description found in Revelation 7 is a very close description of an LDS temple.

He claims John’s vision is about the Mormon temples.

Cite, please. I haven't made any such specific claim. I pointed out there is a correlation between the description found in Revelation 7 --and the LDS temple. There is, and that is a fact. A very close description.

He said no one else wears them in temples.

Cite, please. I haven't made any such specific claim. I asked you who you believed fit the description found in Revelation 7, and that your church has nothing to fit the description found in Revelation 7. Revelation 7 closely patterns the LDS temple.

I showed him otherwise.

You listed some Buddhist monks and other groups which do not have the name of Jesus Christ as their Savior. I don't believe that was the Temple found in Revelation 7.

It’s a vision about a future temple in the Kingdom of God.

Of course it is. And now--2000 years later--the LDS has the the temple --which fits the description of Revelation 7. Why is that not "future"?

But what we were told by Christ is that we are His temples now.

How does that supersede the physical temple in which His servants were wearing white robes within?

Cite, please. I haven't made any such specific claim. I pointed out there is a correlation between the description found in Revelation 7 --and the LDS temple. There is, and that is a fact. A very close description.

Cite, please. I haven't made any such specific claim. I asked you who you believed fit the description found in Revelation 7, and that your church has nothing to fit the description found in Revelation 7. Revelation 7 closely patterns the LDS temple.

You listed some Buddhist monks and other groups which do not have the name of Jesus Christ as their Savior. I don't believe that was the Temple found in Revelation 7.

Of course it is. And now--2000 years later--the LDS has the the temple --which fits the description of Revelation 7. Why is that not "future"?

How does that supersede the physical temple in which His servants were wearing white robes within?
I read Revelation 7 again. The whole chapter, not just the one verse you’re spamming here.

John’s vision is about after the 4 angels who stop the wind from blowing so that no harm would come to the earth until the 144,000 have been sealed in their foreheads.

Then he sees a lot of people dressed in white holding palm leaves standing before the throne of God. They have come thru the great tribulation and made their robes white thru the blood of the lamb.

They serve God in His temple day and night. And God spreads a tabernacle over them so they won’t be hungry, thirsty or over heated. And Christ will be their shepherd.

Nowhere in that chapter does it describe Mormon temples. White robes are symbolic of having your sins washed away thru Christ’s sacrifice.

You don’t hold palm leaves in your ceremonies, and you don’t stay in the temple day and night. It’s all symbolism.

I read Revelation 7 again. The whole chapter, not just the one verse you’re spamming here.

John’s vision is about after the 4 angels who stop the wind from blowing so that no harm would come to the earth until the 144,000 have been sealed in their foreheads.

Then he sees a lot of people dressed in white holding palm leaves standing before the throne of God. They have come thru the great tribulation and made their robes white thru the blood of the lamb.

They serve God in His temple day and night. And God spreads a tabernacle over them so they won’t be hungry, thirsty or over heated. And Christ will be their shepherd.

Nowhere in that chapter does it describe Mormon temples.

The description found in Revelation 7 and elsewhere in Revelation fits the description of the LDS temple very well. First--on the front there exists a real temple.

Secondly--there are servants within the temple wearing white robes--and serving God.

Does your church have any such reality? The LDS church does.

White robes are symbolic of having your sins washed away thru Christ’s sacrifice.

I agree. How does that conclude those things aren't real? IOW--a wedding band on my finger symbolizes the marriage covenant I took with my wife--but that does not mean the ring isn't a real, physical object.

The description found in Revelation 7 and elsewhere in Revelation fits the description of the LDS temple very well. First--on the front there exists a real temple.

Secondly--there are servants within the temple wearing white robes--and serving God.

I agree. How does that conclude those things aren't real? IOW--a wedding band on my finger symbolizes the marriage covenant I took with my wife--but that does not mean the ring isn't a real, physical object.

And if you lost the ring you could buy another, and you would still be married if you lost it.

If a temple of man, any temple got taken down or lost to a storm, would the worshippers of that temple still be what they claimed to be?

And if you lost the ring you could buy another, and you would still be married if you lost it.

These temples aren't lost:

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Revelation 11:1-2---King James Version
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

The question hasn't been whether they are lost or not--but rather--whether they are real or not. If one lost their ring--it would still be a real ring.

If a temple of man,

Where do we find it's a "temple of man"?

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein

any temple got taken down or lost to a storm, would the worshippers of that temple still be what they claimed to be?

Yes--but they wouldn't have the blessings of the temple. Just like all those who died before the Atonement were still what they claimed--just not with the blessings of the Atonement--at that time. Storms don't determine the will of God, nor His ways. The temple is God's way--and Biblical testimony bears witness to that.

Again, you’re ignoring everything else in the chapter. You’re trying to fit Mormon temples into it, and they don’t fit.

Where are the angels who stop the wind? Where are the palm fronds? Where’s the tabernacle that covers them so they don’t get hungry, thirsty or overheated? And why would they get overheated inside a man made temple? And where is God’s throne? And when was the great tribulation?

The point I made was there is a correlation between the temple description found in Revelation 7 and the LDS temple. That's a fact.
So, for the sake of the argument..lets say there is a correlation.

Perhaps Joey read Revelation and said....lets build a temple and wear white robes...wouldn't that be kool?

Speaking of temples...did Moroni ever get back his trumpet that he dropped?

There isn't just a correlation--there is a very close correlation between the description in Revelation 7:14-15 concerning the temple--and the LDS temple.---something the rest of the Christian denominations probably can't claim.

Perhaps Joey read Revelation and said....lets build a temple and wear white robes...wouldn't that be kool?

What is "kool" is the prophecy about a trumpet:

Isaiah 18:3---King James Version
3 All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye.

Some interesting info:

The Jerusalem Temple--http://www.bible-history.com/court-of-women/

" If you were to approach the Temple in Jerusalem in the first century A.D. you would pass through the eastern gate where Jesus made His triumphal entry. Then you would come to the Court of the Gentiles which was a large court paved with stones of various colors. It was open to all comers including the cattle-dealers and the money-changers who desecrated the Temple. This court was also called the Outer Court, the Lower Court, and the rabbi’s usually called it "the Mountain of the Lord’s House." All around the Temple proper was a 9 foot high terrace with stairs which was higher than the Court of the Gentiles. It was surrounded by a 5 foot high wall which was designed to keep out the gentiles. There was also pillars in the wall at various distances (the Soreg) with inscriptions in Latin, Greek, and Hebrew, warning all gentiles to come no further under penalty of death."

Isaiah 2:2---International Standard Version
2 “It will come about in the last days
that the mountain that is the Lord’s Temple will be established
as the highest of mountains,[a]
and will be raised above the hills;
all the nations will stream to[b] it.

Smith didn't come up with the idea of temples until after he became a Mason. Plus, he "borrowed" some of the Masonic rituals and repurposed them for rituals in those "temples." The man had no shame.

These temples aren't lost:

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

The question hasn't been whether they are lost or not--but rather--whether they are real or not. If one lost their ring--it would still be a real ring.

Where do we find it's a "temple of man"?

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein

Yes--but they wouldn't have the blessings of the temple. Just like all those who died before the Atonement were still what they claimed--just not with the blessings of the Atonement--at that time. Storms don't determine the will of God, nor His ways. The temple is God's way--and Biblical testimony bears witness to that.

Not saying a temple is or isn't. I said if. If your temple got lost out to sea one day, will you still feel like you are o.k.? :)

Will you still feel like you are in the true church, or will you start to feel unsure?

There isn't just a correlation--there is a very close correlation between the description in Revelation 7:14-15 concerning the temple--and the LDS temple.---something the rest of the Christian denominations probably can't claim.

What is "kool" is the prophecy about a trumpet:

Isaiah 18:3---King James Version
3 All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye.

Some interesting info:

The Jerusalem Temple--http://www.bible-history.com/court-of-women/

" If you were to approach the Temple in Jerusalem in the first century A.D. you would pass through the eastern gate where Jesus made His triumphal entry. Then you would come to the Court of the Gentiles which was a large court paved with stones of various colors. It was open to all comers including the cattle-dealers and the money-changers who desecrated the Temple. This court was also called the Outer Court, the Lower Court, and the rabbi’s usually called it "the Mountain of the Lord’s House." All around the Temple proper was a 9 foot high terrace with stairs which was higher than the Court of the Gentiles. It was surrounded by a 5 foot high wall which was designed to keep out the gentiles. There was also pillars in the wall at various distances (the Soreg) with inscriptions in Latin, Greek, and Hebrew, warning all gentiles to come no further under penalty of death."

Isaiah 2:2---International Standard Version
2 “It will come about in the last days
that the mountain that is the Lord’s Temple will be established
as the highest of mountains,[a]
and will be raised above the hills;
all the nations will stream to[b] it.

If the idea of a physical temple seems right, then maybe God is helping you through them. Leading you to follow Him, through this church, that has a temple.

Just know that there are a lot of other gatherings and meetings of people who also believe in Jesus out here, outside of that church - who have so much history and writings of other ways of Christian believing, without that church having to be a part of their faith. Some just follow God and the Spirit, without any man made church, and they just walk, following God.

Ahh, er, clears throat.....why would they want to make that claim????

Smith didn't come up with the idea of temples until after he became a Mason. Plus, he "borrowed" some of the Masonic rituals and repurposed them for rituals in those "temples." The man had no shame.
Do the masons wear white robes in their temple?

And green aprons, just as the attendees in the temple do, during the endowment ceremony, after Satan tells Adam and Eve in the video to make aprons for themselves, thus obeying Satan....this alone proves that this ceremony is of the devil, because is it ever a good idea to obey Satan for ANY reason?

Last edited:
Back