No righteousness?

dberrie2020

Bonnie said:
For we have no righteousness of our own to boast about.

While I would admit--man could have no righteousness without Christ's work, IE--His Atonement and Resurrection(free gift to all men)---could you collate your claim with the Biblical witness?

1 John 3:7----King James Version
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

That was made possible through God's Atonement and Resurrection. Those who walk in His light(doeth righteousness)--are those who God gives His grace to, as His Blood unto the forgiveness of their personal sins. The Atonement and Resurrection absolved all men of death and hell--as it relates to the automatic condemnation which befell all men due to the Fall--and now allows all men to receive of His grace unto life--through meeting the conditions of the Redeemer:

Hebrews 5:9---King James Version
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

A "covenant" is a two party agreement.

Gary Mac

While I would admit--man could have no righteousness without Christ's work, IE--His Atonement and Resurrection(free gift to all men)---could you collate your claim with the Biblical witness?

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

That was made possible through God's Atonement and Resurrection. Those who walk in His light(doeth righteousness)--are those who God gives His grace to, as His Blood unto the forgiveness of their personal sins. The Atonement and Resurrection absolved all men of death and hell--as it relates to the automatic condemnation which befell all men due to the Fall--and now allows all men to receive of His grace unto life--through meeting the conditions of the Redeemer:

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

I love 1 John 3 for it tells plainly who people are of and the religious folk wont even recognize 1 John 3 when it says He comes and takes away the sins of this world, and when you see Him as He is ye shall be like Him, and if you are a sinner you are of the devil, and if you are born of God it is impossible to be in sin.

People can read 1 John 3 and completely ignore it for it puts their religious beliefs under conviction and they dont want to hear the good new for what salvation does in a person, they cling to a religious creed instead.

dberrie2020

I love 1 John 3 for it tells plainly who people are of and the religious folk wont even recognize 1 John 3 when it says He comes and takes away the sins of this world, and when you see Him as He is ye shall be like Him, and if you are a sinner you are of the devil, and if you are born of God it is impossible to be in sin.

People can read 1 John 3 and completely ignore it for it puts their religious beliefs under conviction and they dont want to hear the good new for what salvation does in a person, they cling to a religious creed instead.

Hi Gary:

I might and might not agree with you, but I have no idea what you are trying to say, for the main. Sorry. Gary--I usually speak in a plainer language--where most don't misunderstand what I am trying to say. If they do--I attempt to make it plainer.

Gary Mac

Hi Gary:

I might and might not agree with you, but I have no idea what you are trying to say, for the main. Sorry. Gary--I usually speak in a plainer language--where most don't misunderstand what I am trying to say. If they do--I attempt to make it plainer.
Not sure what you are coming from in this reply.

dberrie2020

Not sure what you are coming from in this reply.

I'm saying I don't understand what some of your points are, or how you are relating them to the OP.

I have read some good things you have said that I agree with, but some points I struggle with understanding the meaning. That does not mean I don't believe them, just that I don't understand what your point is.

dberrie2020

Bonnie said: For we have no righteousness of our own to boast about.

Anyone care to engage this? I believe it is a significant point.

Gary Mac

I'm saying I don't understand what some of your points are, or how you are relating them to the OP.

I have read some good things you have said that I agree with, but some points I struggle with understanding the meaning. That does not mean I don't believe them, just that I don't understand what your point is.
Can you point out what that is so I may try and explain?

Our Lord's God

That's not quite true. John the Baptist's parents and Paul were blameless according to the Law, righteousness according to the Law. Christ was entirely unknown to them.

But with respect to the righteousness OF GOD. Yes, Christ is necessary for that one. You won't be doing the righteousness of God apart from Christ.

People don't seem to realize the difference between the righteousness according to the Law and the righteousness of God.

dberrie2020

But with respect to the righteousness OF GOD. Yes, Christ is necessary for that one. You won't be doing the righteousness of God apart from Christ.

I believe that is true. I suppose my point is--no one can be declared righteous unto eternal life-- without the works of Christ, as all of mankind stood condemned due to the Fall. He alone opened the doors of eternal life to mankind.

Whether we pass through those doors--also depends on us meeting the conditions set by the Redeemer:

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Our Lord's God

I believe that is true. I suppose my point is--no one can be declared righteous unto eternal life-- without the works of Christ, as all of mankind stood condemned due to the Fall. He alone opened the doors of eternal life to mankind.

Whether we pass through those doors--also depends on us meeting the conditions set by the Redeemer:

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Yes we must WALK in the light by following in the footsteps of Jesus. That is what it means to believe in him - to follow HIM and walk as he walked, Christ in us the hope of glory.

dberrie2020

Yes we must WALK in the light by following in the footsteps of Jesus. That is what it means to believe in him - to follow HIM and walk as he walked, Christ in us the hope of glory.

That reply makes a lot of sense to me. It fits the testimony and witness of the Biblical record. I like the point of what it means to believe in Him.

dberrie2020

Can you point out what that is so I may try and explain?

No--and I shouldn't even make a statement like I did--unless I could explain that to you. So--shame on me.

Gary--I agree with most of your conclusions. Sometimes--I just can't relate to your language in getting there.

Gary Mac

No--and I shouldn't even make a statement like I did--unless I could explain that to you. So--shame on me.

Gary--I agree with most of your conclusions. Sometimes--I just can't relate to your language in getting there.
I admit my grammar is atrocious for I never had a proper education to learn how, Im seIf taught and have to wing it and hope people understand LOL. My wife taught me to read when I was 27 years old.

Sometimes when I comment on what it is to be in Christ as Jesus was in Christ, people get confused because they can only relate to Christ being one man instead of the disposition of the man who is anointed of God by the same Spirit be in us who was in Jesus. Christ simply means Gods anointed and either Christ be in you anointed of God or you are not. People cant relate whos religious belief is a man is a god named Jesus instead of having in themselves that same anointing from God that man walked in to be perfect as He is perfect. That religious belief causes all kinds of confusion from lack in having from God that what Jesus had from Him themselves.

dberrie2020

I admit my grammar is atrocious for I never had a proper education to learn how, Im seIf taught and have to wing it and hope people understand LOL. My wife taught me to read when I was 27 years old.

Sometimes when I comment on what it is to be in Christ as Jesus was in Christ, people get confused because they can only relate to Christ being one man instead of the disposition of the man who is anointed of God by the same Spirit be in us who was in Jesus. Christ simply means Gods anointed and either Christ be in you anointed of God or you are not. People cant relate whos religious belief is a man is a god named Jesus instead of having in themselves that same anointing from God that man walked in to be perfect as He is perfect. That religious belief causes all kinds of confusion from lack in having from God that what Jesus had from Him themselves.

Thanks for the explanation, Gary.