Noah's Flood Did Happen

DrDavidT

The authors of the book Dismantling the Big Bang made it very clear that science cannot see into the past. On page 14, A. Williams & J. Hartnett made this statement--Science works in the present, by observation and experiment, it has no direct access to the past-- they go on to say in the same paragraph that what scientists of today say are based on extrapolation drawn from present-day observations. Those extrapolations are based on assumptions that are created from the unbelief the scientists hold.

In other words, if you want to learn about the past you do not go to science to be educated about what did or did not happen. The good news is that science is not the only place to go to get your evidence. There are other areas of life that have physical evidence for the validity of Noah's flood. I wrote a book on this topic, the details are in my profile, exploring those pieces of non-scientific evidence.

Science is not the authority nor is it any authority for the truth is found everywhere not just in scientific research. The believer just needs to use their faith to believe God, physical evidence is not required. While we will get physical evidence for biblical events, there will not be so much that faith is not a requirement. Faith pleases God and he will not destroy what pleases him.

Reactions: nan

nan

The authors of the book Dismantling the Big Bang made it very clear that science cannot see into the past. On page 14, A. Williams & J. Hartnett made this statement--Science works in the present, by observation and experiment, it has no direct access to the past-- they go on to say in the same paragraph that what scientists of today say are based on extrapolation drawn from present-day observations. Those extrapolations are based on assumptions that are created from the unbelief the scientists hold.

In other words, if you want to learn about the past you do not go to science to be educated about what did or did not happen. The good news is that science is not the only place to go to get your evidence. There are other areas of life that have physical evidence for the validity of Noah's flood. I wrote a book on this topic, the details are in my profile, exploring those pieces of non-scientific evidence.

Science is not the authority nor is it any authority for the truth is found everywhere not just in scientific research. The believer just needs to use their faith to believe God, physical evidence is not required. While we will get physical evidence for biblical events, there will not be so much that faith is not a requirement. Faith pleases God and he will not destroy what pleases him.
I agree with you. If you have true saving faith in God you need no visual experience to believe.

Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

Romans 12:3 "For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith."

There are many instances for the necessity of faith in the bible. I find Chapter 11 in the Book of Hebrews a wonderful source of what it is to have the faith that pleases God.

DrDavidT

That I already know ut we cannot dismiss any physical evidence as not only does it shore up our faith it helps provide evidence for those who do not believe to see the Bible is not wrong.

Authentic Nouveau

I will go with science.

In our oil producing region, one of the most awesome Geophysicists oil finder is a Young Earth Creationist.

Seculars insist oil came from lifeforms millions of years ago.

The Flood is not a biology event, the fountains of the deep is a geo event.

How did an oil "pay zone" 300' feet deep, get placed under the ocean floor 13,000 feet where the ocean floor is?

Obama's oil spill

The well had been drilled to TD 18,380 ft below rig floor (Kelly Bushing (KB) reference point—75 ft above mean sea level), some 13,293 ft below the mud line.

How did they get those trees to grow down there?

Mr Laurier

Noah's flood was made up by men who were as ignorant about boats, as they were about computers.
And they were simply plagiarizing an older story. They were retelling a modified version of the Gilgamesh epic, which they picked up from the markets of towns in the fertile crescent.
Their story reflects this ignorance.
So far, no book has dismantled the "Big Bang" model.
Several sciences can indeed see into the past. Paleontology, Geology, and Astronomy, are just a few.
And Geology refutes the Noah story quite easily.
So do Archeology, and Anthropology.

Noah's flood was made up by men who were as ignorant about boats, as they were about computers.

Not so.

The measurement follows a typical dimension of a ship. It is not an odd shape with odd dimensions. Building it requires it to be waterproof so they use pit to seal it. That's the hallmark of shipbuilding.

Noah took about 100 years to build the ark. However, to build a ship that size doesn't take a hundred years to build. It's like building a wooden house. How long would you take to construct a house to accommodate a family of 8? How many houses can you build in one hundred years?

I believe Noah constructed several ships in that time span to accommodate all the animals. The ark was merely a blueprint and Noah knew that he needed to build more than one ark to house all the animals given the strict dimension because anything bigger than that, the wooden ship would just sag and stretch. It would break apart and sink. There's a limit to how large you can build a wooden ship.

And they were simply plagiarizing an older story. They were retelling a modified version of the Gilgamesh epic, which they picked up from the markets of towns in the fertile crescent.
Their story reflects this ignorance.

Not so.

Many ancient tribes/cultures/people have stories about a global flood being passed down "verbally".

Just because a certain civilization has decided to record this event set in stone doesn't mean they are the originator of the story and just because the bible wrote about it much later doesn't mean it copied it from there.

So far, no book has dismantled the "Big Bang" model.

The Bible actually agrees with the big bang model.

Job 9:8 He alone stretches out the heavens..

Science:

Let me begin by saying that "expanding" isn't really the best word to describe what is happening to the universe, although that is the word that is often used - a word choice which I think leads to a lot of unnecessary confusion regarding what is already a difficult topic! A more accurate word for what the universe is doing might be "stretching".

The galaxies simply sit there. However, as time goes on, the space between the galaxies "stretches", sort of like what happens when you take a sheet of rubber and pull at it on both ends. Although the galaxies haven't moved through space at all, they get farther away from each other as time goes on because the space in between them has been stretched.

Several sciences can indeed see into the past. Paleontology, Geology, and Astronomy, are just a few.
And Geology refutes the Noah story quite easily.
So do Archeology, and Anthropology.

Not so.

The rain didn't flood the earth. The rain was merely supplementary. It did not cause the flood. This did:

In February 2017 separate studies examining Earth’s geological and geophysical characteristics revealed evidence of ancient sunken continents in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.

The city, much of which lies at an elevation of just under 5 feet above sea level, already is sinking at a rate of 2 centimeters (about 0.8 inches) every year. Should it continue at this rate for the rest of this century, by 2100 "Bangkok will be fully submerged and unliveable," the Global Post reports.

--

During Noah's flood, it did not only rain heavily, the landmasses sank under the ocean, flooding everything. There were also severe earthquakes and huge tsunamis adding to the sinking landmasses. This is due to the fountains of the great deep (volcanoes) erupting all at once. There are millions of underwater volcanoes around the globe and having to erupt all at once, we can only imagine what it did to reshape the face of the planet.

As many as ten million underwater volcanoes ....

These seamounts are also huge. As many as a million of those planetary-sized hot water heaters have a diameter greater than 7 km and stand more than 2 km high (more than 4.2 miles across and 1.2 miles high). That’s taller than New Hampshire’s Mt. Washington, which, at 6,289 feet, stands almost exactly 1.2 miles high. Mt. Washington is the highest peak in the Northeastern United States

---

The weird-looking guy in the video and you are both ignoramuses. Lol

Mr Laurier

Not so.

The measurement follows a typical dimension of a ship. It is not an odd shape with odd dimensions. Building it requires it to be waterproof so they use pit to seal it. That's the hallmark of shipbuilding.

Noah took about 100 years to build the ark. However, to build a ship that size doesn't take a hundred years to build. It's like building a wooden house. How long would you take to construct a house to accommodate a family of 8? How many houses can you build in one hundred years?

I believe Noah constructed several ships in that time span to accommodate all the animals. The ark was merely a blueprint and Noah knew that he needed to build more than one ark to house all the animals given the strict dimension because anything bigger than that, the wooden ship would just sag and stretch. It would break apart and sink. There's a limit to how large you can build a wooden ship.

Not so.

Many ancient tribes/cultures/people have stories about a global flood being passed down "verbally".

Just because a certain civilization has decided to record this event set in stone doesn't mean they are the originator of the story and just because the bible wrote about it much later doesn't mean it copied it from there.

The Bible actually agrees with the big bang model.

Job 9:8 He alone stretches out the heavens..

Science:

Let me begin by saying that "expanding" isn't really the best word to describe what is happening to the universe, although that is the word that is often used - a word choice which I think leads to a lot of unnecessary confusion regarding what is already a difficult topic! A more accurate word for what the universe is doing might be "stretching".

The galaxies simply sit there. However, as time goes on, the space between the galaxies "stretches", sort of like what happens when you take a sheet of rubber and pull at it on both ends. Although the galaxies haven't moved through space at all, they get farther away from each other as time goes on because the space in between them has been stretched.

Not so.

The rain didn't flood the earth. The rain was merely supplementary. It did not cause the flood. This did:

In February 2017 separate studies examining Earth’s geological and geophysical characteristics revealed evidence of ancient sunken continents in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.

The city, much of which lies at an elevation of just under 5 feet above sea level, already is sinking at a rate of 2 centimeters (about 0.8 inches) every year. Should it continue at this rate for the rest of this century, by 2100 "Bangkok will be fully submerged and unliveable," the Global Post reports.

--

During Noah's flood, it did not only rain heavily, the landmasses sank under the ocean, flooding everything. There were also severe earthquakes and huge tsunamis adding to the sinking landmasses. This is due to the fountains of the great deep (volcanoes) erupting all at once. There are millions of underwater volcanoes around the globe and having to erupt all at once, we can only imagine what it did to reshape the face of the planet.

As many as ten million underwater volcanoes ....

These seamounts are also huge. As many as a million of those planetary-sized hot water heaters have a diameter greater than 7 km and stand more than 2 km high (more than 4.2 miles across and 1.2 miles high). That’s taller than New Hampshire’s Mt. Washington, which, at 6,289 feet, stands almost exactly 1.2 miles high. Mt. Washington is the highest peak in the Northeastern United States

---

The weird-looking guy in the video and you are both ignoramuses. Lol
Huh?
So a wall of evasion and dodging.

Mr Laurier

Either you proceed with your scoffing and stay an ignoramus all the days of your life or learn something from the link provided. Don't worry, you won't be allergic because the links are certified secular. (y)
Alas, I have no desire to proceed with my scoffing. And I ceased being an "ignoramus" many decades ago. I have no fear of being allergic, and nothing can be "certified" secular.

None of your links has any new information for me to learn. It is all old, and in some cases REFUTED, information.

Mr Laurier

Alright, Mr. Laurier the all-knowing guy of CARM forums, whatever you say. :coffee:
You are being very deceitful. And deliberately misnaming and mislabeling me. To say nothing of catering to the ego you imagine to be my character trait.
It is of course an insult. But you knew that when you posted it... which is why you so carefully did not use the {QUOTE} function.

You are being very deceitful. And deliberately misnaming and mislabeling me. To say nothing of catering to the ego you imagine to be my character trait.
It is of course an insult. But you knew that when you posted it... which is why you so carefully did not use the {QUOTE} function.

Oh, I'm sorry Sir. That was very impolite of me.

Mr Laurier

Oh, I'm sorry Sir. That was very impolite of me.
Sure you are.
The fact that there are underwater volcanoes, is not a new discovery. I've been reading about them for over 35 years.
And in books older than I am.
And you still cannot explain how Egypt, China, India, and Peru, passed throught your supposed "global flood" without noticing it.

Septextura

Noah's Flood Did Happen

72% of the planet is covered in water. The deepest part of the ocean is called the Challenger Deep and is approximately 36,200 feet (11,033m) deep.

Hmmm...

Nah.

Cynthia

:sneaky: I learned a few decades ago not to try to discuss anything with an unbeliever. Only the Holy Spirit can win an argument with an unbeliever. And I used to think if I could just find the right words to help them understand. But I was a child then.

Mr Laurier

:sneaky: I learned a few decades ago not to try to discuss anything with an unbeliever. Only the Holy Spirit can win an argument with an unbeliever. And I used to think if I could just find the right words to help them understand. But I was a child then.
Lol.
Alas your "Holy Spirit" is a fantasy. You need a valid argument, not a fantasy.
You are dealing with mostly ex-christians who grew up on the bible story. We grew up. You can do the same

Mr Laurier

Egypt is one of several civilizations that has an unbroken chain of history reaching back to the dawn of writing.
Their written history goes back 5150 years.
Their unique pottery styles go back even further. More than 8000 years.