Not born Hardened or Blind

TomFL

Matt. 13:15 —ESV
“For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’”

Rather their heart had grown that way and their eyes they have closed

praise_yeshua

Act 17:28 for “‘In him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said, “‘For we are indeed his offspring.’
Act 17:29 Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of man.
Act 17:30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,

TomFL

“For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’”

Additionally

[ESVS] Acts 28:27 For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed; lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’

zerinus

Additionally

[ESVS] Acts 28:27 For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed; lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’
I have a better quote. How about this one:

Hebrews 3:

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

According to these verses, people can "harden" themselves, or their own hearts, which doesn't square with divine regeneration. Can "regenerate" people become "unregenerate"? Can they "unregenerate" themselves? How come? If "regeneration" is purely a divine act, without any input from man, how can man "undo" a divine act of God? How does Hebrews 3 fit in within the Calvinistic divine act of regeneration?

TomFL

I have a better quote. How about this one:

Hebrews 3:

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

According to these verses, people can "harden" themselves, or their own hearts, which doesn't square with divine regeneration. Can "regenerate" people become "unregenerate"? Can they "unregenerate" themselves? How come? If "regeneration" is purely a divine act, without any input from man, how can man "undo" a divine act of God? How does Hebrews 3 fit in within the Calvinistic divine act of regeneration?
That will work as well

brightfame52

Yes men are born hardened and blind spiritually, and spiral downward from there. God in New Birth removes the native hard heart of stone in the natural flesh Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Jn 3:6

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit

Rom 2:5

but after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

TomFL

Yes men are born hardened and blind spiritually, and spiral downward from there. God in New Birth removes the native hard heart of stone in the natural flesh Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Jn 3:6

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit

Rom 2:5

but after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
In the bible we read men grow harden

Acts 28:27 —ESV
“For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed; lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’”

Ex. 8:32 —ESV
“But Pharaoh hardened his heart this time also, and did not let the people go.”

“For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed;”

brightfame52

In the bible we read men grow harden

“For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed; lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’”

Ex. 8:32 —ESV
“But Pharaoh hardened his heart this time also, and did not let the people go.”

“For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed;”
Thats no problem, men do grow hard, they aught to since they are born that way. They born blind and dead too

TomFL

Thats no problem, men do grow hard, they aught to since they are born that way. They born blind and dead too
Did you actually read the verse ?

“For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed; lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’

Had they not closed their eyes had their heart not grown dull

then they could

see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’

brightfame52

“For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed; lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’

then they could

see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.’
Mans heart naturally is stony hard lol, born that way

TomFL

Mans heart naturally is stony hard lol, born that way
I guess you did not read the verse or grasp the point

then they could

see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.

brightfame52

I guess you did not read the verse or grasp the point

then they could

see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.
Its settled, men are born with a heart of stone !

TomFL

Its settled, men are born with a heart of stone !

Only if you deny all evidence. Something you seem to regularly do

then they could

Beloved

As TomFL says: “They closed their ears, they closed their eyes, they sealed up their understanding.”

So God did to Israel what He did to Pharoh. He gave them what they wanted.
Romans 9, God says that - the unbelief of Israel has caused their setting-aside. Then God gave the Gentiles the oportunity to be grafted in.

Some Gentiles state that Gentiles, the Church, has taken the place of Israel.
I see where it is stated that because of (Israel) unbelief they were broken off. “Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest He also spare not you.” “And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in.

brightfame52

Only if you deny all evidence. Something you seem to regularly do

then they could

It's scripture, man is born with a hard heart towards God. He needs a new heart

TomFL

It's scripture, man is born with a hard heart towards God. He needs a new heart
Will you ever address scripture that is posted to you ?

then they could

brightfame52

Will you ever address scripture that is posted to you ?

then they could

No I'm not going to address the scriptures you quote until you do!

Now man naturally has a hard heart towards God.

TomFL

No I'm not going to address the scriptures you quote until you do!

Now man naturally has a hard heart towards God.
You are running

I already stated what the verse shows

then they could

you just refuse to address it

Let the readers take note

brightfame52

You are running

I already stated what the verse shows

then they could

Going to always evade your scripture quotes. Now man has a hard heart naturally!

TomFL

Going to always evade your scripture quotes. Now man has a hard heart naturally!
There you have it readers. Brightfame will always evade scripture quotes

then they could