Oath Keeper leader Stewart Rhodes guilty of seditious conspiracy

vibise

A federal jury on Tuesday convicted Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes of seditious conspiracy for leading a months-long plot to unleash political violence to prevent the inauguration of President Biden, culminating in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

The panel of 12 District residents deliberated for three days before finding Rhodes guilty of conspiring to oppose by force the lawful transition of presidential power.

Rhodes, in a dark suit and black eye-patch from an old gun accident, stood at the defense table, watching as verdicts continued to be read for him and four co-defendants facing a 13-count indictment.
The indictment brought against Rhodes, 56, and other Oath Keepers associates in January was the first time the U.S. government leveled the historically rare charge of seditious conspiracy in the massive Jan. 6 investigation. He is the highest-profile figure to face trial in connection with rioting by angry Trump supporters who injured scores of officers and ransacked offices, forcing the evacuation of lawmakers.

I think max sentence is 20 years, but sentencing guidelines suggest 7-9.

Also, he would be barred from owning guns for the rest of his life.

Thanks for the update. The verdict was a proverbial slam-dunk in my opinion.

From Stewart Rhodes III: ( Seditious Kvetching )

"… Don’t give legitimacy to an illegitimate, fraudulent … system. ... I won’t ever recognize [Biden] as a legitimate President because of that fraud … and … his being a ChiCom [i.e., Chinese Communist] puppet...

…The left, including the Democratic Party, has taken off the mask and revealed their totalitarian, Marxist, America-hating, and hate-filled agenda. They seek our destruction. They seek the destruction of all we swore to defend. We must defeat them. Even if one of them occupies the White House. …

… As General Washington told the troops before the battle of Long Island, “… Our cruel and unrelenting enemy leaves us only the choice of brave resistance, or the most abject submission. We have therefore to resolve to conquer or die.”

Why do ^these^ statements seem so - familiar?

___

Last edited:

Good to see people held accountable for their actions, who committed actual crimes that day. Too bad one woman will never see the inside of the courtroom for her actions that day, nor will her murderer because he's a black cop and she was a white conservative.

As to this Rhodes guy, I don't understand why anyone would follow someone so damn stupid he wears an eyepatch because he shot himself in the face with his own gun. (and apparently built bunkers (that collapsed) on a RENTAL property where he was the renter. They must have been REAL hard up for a leader.

Good to see people held accountable for their actions, who committed actual crimes that day. Too bad one woman will never see the inside of the courtroom for her actions that day, nor will her murderer because he's a black cop and she was a white conservative.

everything about what you posted above is messed up man

glad the American legal system is on my side
As to this Rhodes guy, I don't understand why anyone would follow someone so damn stupid he wears an eyepatch because he shot himself in the face with his own gun. (and apparently built bunkers (that collapsed) on a RENTAL property where he was the renter. They must have been REAL hard up for a leader.

Any update on the pipe bomber?
I assume you are referring to John Earl Sullivan although, if so, I don't know why you refer to him as "the pipe bomber".

He has been charged with 8 crimes (I'll provide a link below if you want to read the details). The $90k he made from selling his videos of the January 6 riot has been frozen by the government, since it is the intention of the prosecutors to have him forfeit the money. His trial is scheduled to start on October 25th, 2023. The last I heard he was released from pre-trial custody, but with a long series of conditions (home confinement unless going to work, church, or court, he must hold down a full-time job, he had to surrender his passport, etc.).

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1415026/download

I assume you are referring to John Earl Sullivan although, if so, I don't know why you refer to him as "the pipe bomber".

He has been charged with 8 crimes (I'll provide a link below if you want to read the details). The $90k he made from selling his videos of the January 6 riot has been frozen by the government, since it is the intention of the prosecutors to have him forfeit the money. His trial is scheduled to start on October 25th, 2023. The last I heard he was released from pre-trial custody, but with a long series of conditions (home confinement unless going to work, church, or court, he must hold down a full-time job, he had to surrender his passport, etc.).

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/case-multi-defendant/file/1415026/download
No, he is referring to the person who left pipe bombs outside the RNC and DNC offices the night before the riots on Jan 6th.

Somehow no one has been able to identify him, despite numerous other people being implicated in and investigated about the riots based simply on cellphone location data.

No, he is referring to the person who left pipe bombs outside the RNC and DNC offices the night before the riots on Jan 6th.

Somehow no one has been able to identify him, despite numerous other people being implicated in and investigated about the riots based simply on cellphone location data.
If the pipebomber is so easy to find, why don’t you track him down? There’s probably a reward.

So maybe the perpetrator was not carrying a cell phone.

I know, it's very messed up that Ashli Babbit will never see her day in court and that the cop who killed her will never be held to account.

Is it, though? Guess it depends on where you live, what your politics are, and who your killer is.
Nancy Pelosi was in charge of security and she denied the National Guard presence offered by President Trump

Capitol Police officers that worked for Pelosi were removing barricades and inviting people in for a Capitol tour, that are now charged with crimes

It was a rehearsed setup, don't be ignorant of the facts

Jesus Is The Lord

I Agree,, It was a complete fabricated set up

Good Post I Agree

It was a complete Nancy Pelosi and Democratic Leftist Set Up

Pelosi denied National Guard support, her Capitol police were removing barricades inviting people in for tours, who were later arrested for trespass

These Liberal Leftist Posters Think We're Ignorant Of The Facts

The Biden Admin Has Weaponized The DOJ and FBI against parents at school board meetings, are we surprised?

It Was A Complete Pre-Planned Set Up!

Nancy Pelosi was in charge of security and she denied the National Guard presence offered by President Trump

Capitol Police officers that worked for Pelosi were removing barricades and inviting people in for a Capitol tour, that are now charged with crimes

It was a rehearsed setup, don't be ignorant of the facts

Jesus Is The Lord
"Inviting people in for a tour" - you have evidence of this?
Them explicitly granting permission to come in?

If I park my car up and leave it running with the door open, you are still committing a crime if you get into it a drive it away without express permission.

Yes it is hard to imagine anyone following someone as incompetent and scuzzy as Rhodes, but when it comes to RW leaders, he is the norm rather than an outlier. After all:

Republicans elected:

Rick Scott as Senator and Gov even though he founded and was CEO of a company charged with Medicare fraud and fined $1.6billion.
Ryan Zinke as Congressman who was forced to resign from Trump's cabinet for corruption.
Ronnie Jackson, former Trump WH physician, who was fired from that job for showing up for work drunk. Now a Congressman from TX.

And now there is candidate Hershel Walker who has lied about his education, businesses, and the number of children he has. Also, he lives in Texas where he gets a homestead tax break, but has a rental property in Georgia. He has illegally registered to vote in GA. Voter fraud!

Back