Obedience and antinomianism

He Is!

Developing Christian Character by doing what Paul says we are to train or discipline ourselves to be godly (1 Timothy 4:7).

Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. 1 TIMOTHY 4:7

Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary lists as one definition of discipline, “training that corrects, molds, or perfects the mental faculties or moral character.” This is what we must do if we pursue holiness: We must correct, mold, and train our moral character. Put in some work and time. That seems counter to our emphasis on freedom in Christ and often smacks of legalism and works salvation but it's not.

Discipline toward holiness begins with the Word of God. Paul said, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).

Training or discipline in doing righteousness. This is what the Scriptures will do for us if we use them. Jay Adams said, “It is by willing, prayerful and persistent obedience to the requirements of the Scriptures that godly patterns are developed and come to be a part of us.”
Amen we are apprentices. In the service we start out as a private committed to serving with our lives. In Jesus calling we are His disciples who are committed to Him for life just like the private in the service who is willing to give up his life for his country, we are willing to give up our life serving Christ.

Matthew 7:21‭-‬23 KJV
1. They called Jesus "Lord".
2. They did not do the will of the Father(John 6:40)
3. They prophesied.
4. They cast out devils.
5. They did many wonderful works(but they did not do the work of the Father(John 6:28).
6. Their condemnation was their denial of the gospel, not their works.

It says no such thing. You made that up.

Those who twist or misunderstand Matthew 7 will come away with Lordship Salvation, rather than Free and sovereign grace.

It does seem that you need to read it again.

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’ 24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and does them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. 26 Everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”

Why is that not plain to you?

It says no such thing. You made that up.

It does seem that you need to read it again.

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’ 24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and does them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. 26 Everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”

Why is that not plain to you?
It's very plain. God's work and will is that His sheep believe. All of Matthew 7 is about doctrine.

1. You believe a false gospel conditioned on the sinner and some sort of sliding scale of righteousness.
2. You do not believe Jesus is God in the flesh.
3. You are not an Arminian or Calvinist.
4. You are not a Christian.
5. Therefore you should not be commenting on this sub forum.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Matthew 7:21‭-‬23 KJV

1. They called Jesus "Lord".
2. They did not do the will of the Father(John 6:40)
3. They prophesied.
4. They cast out devils.
5. They did many wonderful works(but they did not do the work of the Father(John 6:28).
6. Their condemnation was their denial of the gospel, not their works.

Those who twist or misunderstand Matthew 7 will come away with Lordship Salvation, rather than Free and sovereign grace.
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

self righteousness is not mentioned

all we know is they worked iniquity
It's because "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile."

It's because "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile."

This is the context

Matthew 7:15-23 (KJV)

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

iniquity is here evil fruit by which you may know false prophets, ravening wolves who come in sheep's clothing

Back