Obedience to Jesus

God didn't "favor" Paul. That notion came from your imagination just as many of your other comments do. Paul was a Jew, and all Jews were part of the chosen people of God. God called one of his chosen people to suffer for the name of Christ. He wasn't chosen because he was favored or thought to be anyone special. He was chosen because he was a persecutor of Christ and now called to suffer for Christ.
Jews do not follow the ways of Christ. If they were chosen it was from their own doctrine for laws that they did. And Paul made his own doctrine.

Jesus taught a rich man to give up the wealth of his possessions and give the proceeds to the poor. He didn't need these riches but the poor were in great need. You cannot serve both God and mammon.
First, I should point out that you're omitting some very important information. Let's take a look at Matthew 19 (KJV):
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?...
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. 23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
You are that rich man going away disobeying Jesus's injunction to give to the poor. Like that rich man your chances of entering heaven are slim unless you repent.
But God has no problem with having what we need. In fact, He makes sure we have what we need if we genuinely do His will.
That's right, and that's exactly why you can give all to the poor. Do God's will, and you'll have all you need.
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

That's a crazy thing to say if you are supposed to give away absolutely everything.
You will have all things added to you when you get to heaven, if you get to heaven. So give to the poor, and God will give to you.
Get your facts straight.
The "straight facts" are posted above.

First, I should point out that you're omitting some very important information. Let's take a look at Matthew 19 (KJV):

You are that rich man going away disobeying Jesus's injunction to give to the poor. Like that rich man your chances of entering heaven are slim unless you repent.

That's right, and that's exactly why you can give all to the poor. Do God's will, and you'll have all you need.

You will have all things added to you when you get to heaven, if you get to heaven. So give to the poor, and God will give to you.

He had "great wealth." Not simply possessions.

Jesus was testing him to see what the man's real priorities were. Like when the Lord stopped Abraham when he proved he was willing to sacrifice Isaac? The Lord may have allowed the man to keep his wealth after he showed beyond a doubt he would have given up his money.

The great wealth made the man feel too secure about what God wanted to make him to become strong in by grace.

When you get to heaven? The kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it is within you. Luke 17:20-21. Man is His temple, His heaven, His abode, the place Gopd resides is within not some pace that you seem to go to and observe someday.

If you cant see Him now what makes you think you will when you are dead?

He had "great wealth." Not simply possessions.
Yes his wealth was Love and he was joyful in it, for God is Love.
Jesus was testing him to see what the man's real priorities were. Like when the Lord stopped Abraham when he proved he was willing to sacrifice Isaac? The Lord may have allowed the man to keep his wealth after he showed beyond a doubt he would have given up his money.
What has many have to do with giving up who you are and adhering to who He is in you? His kingdom is Spirit and all in it. He is not of this world and what sustains it, He is of Spirit and all that sustains it, and so are we all who live in His heaven this day.
The great wealth made the man feel too secure about what God wanted to make him to become strong in by grace.
I attended a nondenominational church and they had this attitude of wealth just name it and claim it syndrome and God will fill your pockets.

I call it the rich young ruler syndrome. You can see these on the TV selling Jesus to the highest bidder, begging people for money to support their personal Jets and mansions.

Jesus may have had money who knows, I was a carpenter by trade as well as Jesus was and made a decent living doing it, but carpenters do not make a lot of money compared to other industries.

Jesus may have had money who knows, I was a carpenter by trade as well as Jesus was and made a decent living doing it, but carpenters do not make a lot of money compared to other industries.
He was brought gold when he was born. I assume Mary and Joseph took control of that, but depending how much they got they may have been loaded.

He was brought gold when he was born. I assume Mary and Joseph took control of that, but depending how much they got they may have been loaded.
Actually he had no place to lay his head! No place in the inn, he gave up all that he had and followed God, only after Matt 3:16. He rode donkeys instead of horses, or chariots, he walked nearly everywhere he went, people Brough him food and drink, much as a street person receives. His mansion was in heaven, Luke 17:20-21, just as we all have received that same mansion who has received from God that what Jesus did in Matt 3;16.

His wealth was in having the mind of God and walking in it as His God in heaven that he prayed to walked in it. So do we all are as rich in God as Jesus was who's the same from God as Jesus had, joint aires with Jesus, It is our inheritance, and it has noting at all to do with money.

Actually he had no place to lay his head! No place in the inn, he gave up all that he had and followed God, only after Matt 3:16. He rode donkeys instead of horses, or chariots, he walked nearly everywhere he went, people Brough him food and drink, much as a street person receives. His mansion was in heaven, Luke 17:20-21, just as we all have received that same mansion who has received from God that what Jesus did in Matt 3;16.

His wealth was in having the mind of God and walking in it as His God in heaven that he prayed to walked in it. So do we all are as rich in God as Jesus was who's the same from God as Jesus had, joint aires with Jesus, It is our inheritance, and it has noting at all to do with money.

Today's "Christians" think they can actually add treasures from heaven to their collection of worldly treasures. Jesus made it more than clear you can't. You cannot serve both God and mammon.

It is madness to suppose you can seek worldly items for yourself just like the rest of the world does, make a collection of them all, and then collect a salvation ticket to add to your collection of worldly things. But it is that madness which they follow.

Today's "Christians" think they can actually add treasures from heaven to their collection of worldly treasures. Jesus made it more than clear you can't. You cannot serve both God and mammon.

It is madness to suppose you can seek worldly items for yourself just like the rest of the world does, make a collection of them all, and then collect a salvation ticket to add to your collection of worldly things. But it is that madness which they follow.
Yes they love money more than God. They seek to have money. Nothing wrong with that in this material world but to think God is obligated to dump it in your lap is of this world and not of God at all.

Jesus wealth was in his obedience to God, this is where his joy, his wealth, was within.

Most claiming Christianity do not seek the kingdom of God first, they ponder the ways of man they can relate to where it is impossible to have the perefectioins that comes with Gods Spirit and these has made substitute for the way. These are like preparing munitions for war and killed in the process.

Beware of the fraud that says you cant have what Jesus had had in the Father when in fact God demands that of us if we are to be of Him, and that you have no misgivings about Jesus when he demands we be perfect as his Father in haven is perfect.

Everyone knows exactly what he can and cannot do in pious misgivings.

God is Holy Spirit, or better put, Holy Love. Train wrecks happen when they get off track.

Last edited:

So true. I was telling someone the other day they can’t take their money with them and she had the nerve to disagree. Kinda funny really. I believe people do like to think they can try to take something with them into the age to come.

What does it mean to bind something on earth so that it is bound in heaven? I was thinking Matthew 18:18. @Our Lord's God maybe you can answer on this too

So true. I was telling someone the other day they can’t take their money with them and she had the nerve to disagree. Kinda funny really. I believe people do like to think they can try to take something with them into the age to come.

People deceive themselves into supposing they can do this:

My Treasures (all the stuff I decided that I want)
My
Education/Degree
My Career/Job
My Schedule/Plans
My Spouse/Children
My House
My House/Life Insurance
My Bank Account
My Favorite Toys
My Vacation to Paris
My (Whatever else I might like)
... and I will add to my collection....
My Salvation Ticket/Fire Insurance
[Maybe here I can schedule in a token favor for God which I have decided to give to Him]

Jesus made it ridiculously clear that we cannot do this and expect to be saved. If we follow him, it is no longer about what we want but what God wants. You cannot pursue worldly treasures and expect to have heavenly treasures at the same time.

What does it mean to bind something on earth so that it is bound in heaven? I was thinking Matthew 18:18. @Our Lord's God maybe you can answer on this too

Unrelated topic.

These of a creed cannot comprehend what it is to have from God that what Jesus had from Him.

If we bind that what is on earth, material thing, things that sustain the mortal man, and then release those those things of the spirit of God in man where God Himself reveals His intent as He did in Jesus in Matt 3;16, and us all who will will obey and receive.

These has bound up their gods that their gods may obey them in their intellectual studies and opines based on a a belief instead of receiving from God directly as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 where God Himself releases us from the doctrines of man and to become like Him to know this difference. This is how it has been from the beginning, see Gen 3;22, and man became like God to know this differnce. These refuse to learn that difference for a creed is their god instead.

People deceive themselves into supposing they can do this:

My Treasures (all the stuff I decided that I want)
My
Education/Degree
My Career/Job
My Schedule/Plans
My Spouse/Children
My House
My House/Life Insurance
My Bank Account
My Favorite Toys
My Vacation to Paris
My (Whatever else I might like)
... and I will add to my collection....
My Salvation Ticket/Fire Insurance
[Maybe here I can schedule in a token favor for God which I have decided to give to Him]

Jesus made it ridiculously clear that we cannot do this and expect to be saved. If we follow him, it is no longer about what we want but what God wants. You cannot pursue worldly treasures and expect to have heavenly treasures at the same time.

Are you saying we are all to become paupers?

A woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a dealer in (expensive) purple fabrics
who was [already] a worshiper of God, listened to us; and the Lord opened her heart
to pay attention and to respond to the things said by Paul." Acts 16:14​

Lydia is the first European convert to Christ documented. Purple was a dye that was used to color clothes particularly Roman garbs were Red and or Purple. Thyatira's water was very good for dyes . . . Lydia apparently was a very successful businesswoman.

Was she told to give up all her wealth?

Are you saying we are all to become paupers?
Oh absolutely, setting aside all that you are, giving up that right to yourself in some creedal belief system that tries and regulate your gods by law instead of being like the God of heaven as Jesus was like Him and commanded of you to be as well.
A woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a dealer in (expensive) purple fabrics
who was [already] a worshiper of God, listened to us; and the Lord opened her heart
to pay attention and to respond to the things said by Paul." Acts 16:14​
Which is a big mistake, she should have listened and followed the ways of Jesus in sinless righteousness instead of Paul as a sinner.
Lydia is the first European convert to Christ documented. Purple was a dye that was used to color clothes particularly Roman garbs were Red and or Purple. Thyatira's water was very good for dyes . . . Lydia apparently was a very successful businesswoman.

Was she told to give up all her wealth?
everyone does who is of God. You cant be of God and hold onto all that spiritual baggage that comes by mans creedal laws where they regulate who and what their gods are.

You have to get rid of that stuff if you are to recieve from God that what Jesus did in Matt 3:16. He had to give up that creedal laws of the Jesus that he was holden to until Matt 3:16 where he did give rid of that stuff of law.

Back