Obedience

Warrenjt218

Hi,
My name is JT. I have been obsessing over obedience, good works, and fruit to prove I’m saved after being regenerated. It’s honestly crippling. I feel like there’s so much I have to do to prove that my faith is genuine.
I don’t even know if I’m a real Christian. I willfully sin. I know it’s wrong, but I don’t fight against it. I feel like I don’t even have enough fight in me because I feel like salvation is difficult.

Hi,
My name is JT. I have been obsessing over obedience, good works, and fruit to prove I’m saved after being regenerated. It’s honestly crippling. I feel like there’s so much I have to do to prove that my faith is genuine.
I don’t even know if I’m a real Christian. I willfully sin. I know it’s wrong, but I don’t fight against it. I feel like I don’t even have enough fight in me because I feel like salvation is difficult.
Why not just ask and then wait for God to give you an assignment.

Hi,
Hi, JT! I'll pray, but also mention something I heard about a long time ago: A new Christian lady was concerned about her language. She was crying out to God one day, and He showed her that she was no longer "flying off the handle" with her young son. What He thought was most important was other than what she did.
Again, my wife planted a fig tree. For the first few years it just sat there in the sun. But now? We get dozens of ripe figs from it every day! Figs, figs, and more figs!

Some things take time to develop. Other times the Holy Spirit will give a gift because it's needed right then, and you are available.

HTH,
--Rich

Hi, JT! I'll pray, but also mention something I heard about a long time ago: A new Christian lady was concerned about her language. She was crying out to God one day, and He showed her that she was no longer "flying off the handle" with her young son. What He thought was most important was other than what she did.
Again, my wife planted a fig tree. For the first few years it just sat there in the sun. But now? We get dozens of ripe figs from it every day! Figs, figs, and more figs!

Some things take time to develop. Other times the Holy Spirit will give a gift because it's needed right then, and you are available.

HTH,
--Rich
Thank you that made a lot of sense.

In my opinion, what Christ said He wanted from us was our belief in Him, and to take care of each other. He also told us to give Him our burdens and find peace.

My advice is to be still and grateful, and watch for opportunities to help relieve the suffering of others. You don’t have to prove anything.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” ~ John 3:16

“Be still and know that I am God.” ~ Psalm 46:10

“By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” ~ John 13:35

Matthew 25:35 “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”

Many blessings to you.

Hi,
Hello JT,

The Scriptures are able to make one wise unto salvation (2 Tim 3:15). We are instructed to examine ourselves by the word of God to make sure that we are in the faith (2 Cor. 13:5) because many false prophets are in the world (1 Jn 4:1). God's Holy Spirit in His perfect ministry will help when we are seeking the truth (Jn 16:8; Rom 8:16).

Study the word of God (2 Tim 2:15) as we are instructed; ask God for wisdom when you do not understand something and He will pour it out (James 1:5). Get to know the Lord Jesus Christ through His word and let Him minister to your weary soul! "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. (2 Peter 3:18)

I have prayed for you friend.

Hi,
Don't give up and don't listen to people who condemn, JT!

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Don't give up and don't listen to people who condemn, JT!

I love that song. It always brings joy.

You JT, don't have to worry about if you are saved. Jesus says that you are.

Every good gift good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning (James 1:17).

But, God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life (Romans 5:8-10).

And, this is the promise that He hath promised us, even eternal life (1 John 2:25).

And, for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance (Hebrews 9:15).

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life” (John 6:47).

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life” (John 5:24).

“Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal” (Matthew 25:45-46).

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:15-16).

Then said Jesus unto the twelve, “Will ye also go away?” Then Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life” (John 6:67-68).

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, “Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent” (John 17:1-3).

Forasmuch as ye know thed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation m received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God (1 Peter 1:18-21).

I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be forever; nothing can be put to it, nor anything taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past (Ecclesiastes 3:14-15).

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).

“For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. How think ye? If a man have a hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? And, if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish” (Matthew 18:11-14).

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And, I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. I and my Father are one” (John 10:27-30).

“And, this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day” (John 6:39).

“While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition [Judas]; that the scripture might be fulfilled” (John 17:12).

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that in you, than he that is in the world
(1 John 4:4).

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:2-6).

Last edited:
Back