Obsession with Safety creates Sick Minds and Sick Society

Authentic Nouveau

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Rev 21:8

So liars like Biden and toni are fear merchants. Faucism.

Fenuay

An Age of Cowards

@Fenuay I posted this with you in mind...

@Fenuay - I posted this with our recent conversation in mind.

Let’s discuss!
We have a very different idea of fear. I'm not afraid of COVID. I had it. I don't think that wanting to provide for my child is based in fear. It's based in love. All parents want to provide for their children. If I were living life in fear I wouldn't be a nurse. I wouldn't have traveled the world. I wouldn't have plans to move overseas with my daughter. I'm living my life. Caring for people and wearing a mask isn't fear. I really only fear yellow jackets because I'm deathly allergic and they hurt and low potassium because that feels like you are dying. But otherwise I am not afraid. I wasn't raised to live in fear. I was raised to get up try again and conquer the fear. And also to not tempt fate. 🤷

Last edited:

DeSanto

We have a very different idea of fear. I'm not afraid of COVID. I had it. I don't think that wanting to provide for my child is based in fear. It's based in love. All parents want to provide for their children. If I were living life in fear I wouldn't be a nurse. I wouldn't have traveled the world. I wouldn't have plans to move overseas with my daughter. I'm living my life. Caring for people and wearing a mask isn't fear. I really only fear yellow jackets because I'm deathly allergic and they hurt and low potassium because that feels like you are dying. But otherwise I am not afraid. I wasn't raised to live in fear. I was raised to get up try again and conquer the fear. And also to not tempt fate. 🤷
I apologize. I didn’t mean to suggest you, personally, live in fear. I’m observing what fear does to a society.

Let’s use your plans to move overseas for example.

How has fear effected travel in recent decades? Two words come to my mind; terrorism and TSA. Not to mention all the other policy changes that came about because of 911.

And now, since Covid, you probably can’t even travel to the place you’d like to go if you don’t have your experimental injection. Correct?

Doesn't it seem a bit like we are heading (or being led) towards a more and more totalitarian society?

Have you not considered that might be the case?

Last edited:

Fenuay

I apologize. I didn’t mean to suggest you, personally, live in fear. I’m observing what fear does to a society.

Let’s use your plans to move overseas for example.

How has fear effected travel in recent decades? Two words come to my mind; terrorism and TSA. Not to mention all the other policy changes that came about because of 911.

And now, since Covid, you probably can’t even travel to the place you’d like to go if you don’t have your experimental injection. Correct?

Doesn't it seem a bit like we are heading (or being led) towards a more and more totalitarian society?

Have you not considered that might be the case?
I totally agree with you! I think we are headed there. And yes I cannot move overseas without the injection. It is frustrating and upsetting. I really think it is the case.

vibise

An Age of Cowards

@Fenuay I posted this with you in mind...

@Fenuay - I posted this with our recent conversation in mind.

Let’s discuss!
I gather this video which discusses safety in the context of totalitarianism is meant to apply to masking and vaccination.

I do not get this connection. We are clearly willing to wear seat belts and bike helmets, and we expect our govt to ensure the safety of food, water and drugs. So why is wearing a mask a bridge too far? Why is taking a vaccine against a virus that has killed millions, too much to expect of people, when we have been willingly taking vaccines for decades? When the current data shows that the only people dying from covid are the unvaccinated?

These mitigation strategies have clearly been politicized. If you can explain why it makes sense to refuse medical advice, then I would like to know the fact-based, science-based reasons, which have been sorely lacking.

It looks like the RW political and media leaders are now moving slowly towards arguing for vaccination. I expect it will be weeks or even months before average people on the right decide to take the vaccine, but only after deaths have impacted their lives.

Carol

I gather this video which discusses safety in the context of totalitarianism is meant to apply to masking and vaccination.

I do not get this connection. We are clearly willing to wear seat belts and bike helmets, and we expect our govt to ensure the safety of food, water and drugs. So why is wearing a mask a bridge too far? Why is taking a vaccine against a virus that has killed millions, too much to expect of people, when we have been willingly taking vaccines for decades?

The last time I was vaccinated was 1976. The army required them in order to join my husband overseas.
No one has tried to push any on me since... until....

When the current data shows that the only people dying from covid are the unvaccinated?

These mitigation strategies have clearly been politicized. If you can explain why it makes sense to refuse medical advice, then I would like to know the fact-based, science-based reasons, which have been sorely lacking.

I have my reasons. I feel no need to have them justified by you.

If you're afraid, stay away from me.

It looks like the RW political and media leaders are now moving slowly towards arguing for vaccination. I expect it will be weeks or even months before average people on the right decide to take the vaccine, but only after deaths have impacted their lives.

vibise

The last time I was vaccinated was 1976. The army required them in order to join my husband overseas.
No one has tried to push any on me since... until....

I have my reasons. I feel no need to have them justified by you.

If you're afraid, stay away from me.
There are many new vaccines that protect older people, and most doctors recommend them, so I am surprised you have not had any of them. These would include new ones against pneumonia and shingles, and the recommended booster shots every 10 years for tetanus.

The only person I know that is unvaccinated lives 2000 miles from me. I am sure, however, that there are many others in my area that I might contact in, say, the grocery store, so I take the precaution of wearing a mask and social distancing, which most people here are doing.

The people who should be afraid are the ones who are not vaccinated, and especially the ones who live in areas where the virus is spiking.

vibise

2 Tim 1:7

for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Seems to me that self-control would induce people to choose the safer path. They would wear seat belts, take antibiotics, avoid illegal drugs, get vaccinated.

Carol

There are many new vaccines that protect older people, and most doctors recommend them, so I am surprised you have not had any of them. These would include new ones against pneumonia and shingles, and the recommended booster shots every 10 years for tetanus.

Must be a miracle I'm still alive, eh?

The only person I know that is unvaccinated lives 2000 miles from me. I am sure, however, that there are many others in my area that I might contact in, say, the grocery store, so I take the precaution of wearing a mask and social distancing, which most people here are doing.

The people who should be afraid are the ones who are not vaccinated, and especially the ones who live in areas where the virus is spiking.

You can keep your "should" to yourself, thank you very much.

DeSanto

Not necessarily.
I do not get this connection. We are clearly willing to wear seat belts and bike helmets, and we expect our govt to ensure the safety of food, water and drugs. So why is wearing a mask a bridge too far?
It’s the perception of safety. We give up our freedoms to feel safe. We’re scared to take risks. It makes us weak and vulnerable.

The food is not safe.
The water is not safe.
The drugs are not safe.

They’re laced with chemicals and toxins and all sorts of unnatural, unsafe, additives, fillers, and preservatives they call NATURAL!!!!

Does that make you feel safe?

Why is taking a vaccine against a virus that has killed millions, too much to expect of people, when we have been willingly taking vaccines for decades?
Well now that’s just being plain disingenuous... to tout this “vaccine” as if it’s no different than vaccines we’ve had in the past.
When the current data shows that the only people dying from covid are the unvaccinated?
I don’t know if that’s true.
I trust my gut.

And my gut tells me something ain’t right about all this. That’s all I can say. Shrug
It looks like the RW political and media leaders are now moving slowly towards arguing for vaccination. I expect it will be weeks or even months before average people on the right decide to take the vaccine
I think the power of the influencers have pretty much worn off... on both sides. They’ve pulled their pants down. Their tactics won’t work anymore. You’ve judged wrongly.
but only after deaths have impacted their lives.
That kind of sounds like a threat, vibise.

CrowCross

I do not get this connection. We are clearly willing to wear seat belts and bike helmets, and we expect our govt to ensure the safety of food, water and drugs. So why is wearing a mask a bridge too far? Why is taking a vaccine against a virus that has killed millions, too much to expect of people, when we have been willingly taking vaccines for decades? When the current data shows that the only people dying from covid are the unvaccinated?

On July 19th, U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson held a news conference alongside Sir Patrick Vallance, Britain’s Chief Scientific Adviser. When Sir Patrick took the mic, he admitted that the “fully vaccinated” are being hospitalized en masse for covid-19 and are falling severely ill to the “delta variant.” In fact, Vallance clearly stated that 60 percent of UK hospitalizations are now coming from people who already had two doses of the covid-19 vaccine. Hospitalizations are climbing, as tens of thousands of “fully vaccinated” people realize they were duped again.

CrowCross

Those vaccines don't cause your body to manufactor deadly protein spikes.

First they told us..the protein spikes will stay at the injection site....then they found out they were wrong. In some the deadly spike has cross the brain/blood barrier.

But, when the booster comes out...make sure you get more spikes.

rossum

On July 19th, U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson held a news conference alongside Sir Patrick Vallance, Britain’s Chief Scientific Adviser. When Sir Patrick took the mic, he admitted that the “fully vaccinated” are being hospitalized en masse for covid-19 and are falling severely ill to the “delta variant.” In fact, Vallance clearly stated that 60 percent of UK hospitalizations are now coming from people who already had two doses of the covid-19 vaccine. Hospitalizations are climbing, as tens of thousands of “fully vaccinated” people realize they were duped again.
Sir Patrick made a mistake, and later corrected himself: In fact 60% of those hospitalised are unvaccinated. He got his figures mixed up and issued a correction four hours later.

Gus Bovona

Not necessarily.

It’s the perception of safety. We give up our freedoms to feel safe. We’re scared to take risks. It makes us weak and vulnerable.

The food is not safe.
The water is not safe.
The drugs are not safe.

They’re laced with chemicals and toxins and all sorts of unnatural, unsafe, additives, fillers, and preservatives they call NATURAL!!!!
One of my local utilities just sent me their annual report and it admitted that they're making us ingest dihydrogen monoxide, a dangerous toxin because when it is ingested in amounts beyond the recommended limits, it can result in a horrible, torturous death.