Obsession with Safety creates Sick Minds and Sick Society

vibise

That's your opinion.
No. The data clearly shows that the vaccine is safe and effective, especially when compared with the risks associated with covid infection.
If you choose to ignore medical science, then the consequences are of your own making. I do not have a lot of sympathy for the unvaccinated people in ICUs. They trusted people who make the arguments you make. And many of them die. It matters where you get information.

vibise

That isn't what I said.
You said in post 130:

What talking points?

I'm not convinced that, for me, the risks of catching this bug, and then the risk of consequences from it, outweigh the risk of getting this shot.
You said you are NOT convinced that the disease is worse than the shot.
Do you want to rephrase that?

Carol

No. The data clearly shows that the vaccine is safe and effective, especially when compared with the risks associated with covid infection.
If you choose to ignore medical science, then the consequences are of your own making. I do not have a lot of sympathy for the unvaccinated people in ICUs. They trusted people who make the arguments you make. And many of them die. It matters where you get information.

Can't say you're convincing me.

Carol

You said in post 130:

You said you are NOT convinced that the disease is worse than the shot.
Do you want to rephrase that?

Saying I'm not convinced for myself is not "claiming that there is a greater risk from the vaccine".

vibise

Can't say you're convincing me.
Not surprised. You clearly don't pay attention to science and modern medicine.

The opposition comes entirely from partisan political sources. Odd that people like you would trust those for medical advice.

vibise

Saying I'm not convinced for myself is not "claiming that there is a greater risk from the vaccine".
OK. Maybe I missed an earlier post in which you talked about a personal medical issue, like a compromised immune system, in which case, I apologize.

Carol

Not surprised. You clearly don't pay attention to science and modern medicine.

The opposition comes entirely from partisan political sources. Odd that people like you would trust those for medical advice.

Who are people like me?

This damned panic has been exaggerated. Politicized.

You don't know my sources.

The condescension, fearmongering, bullying, insults, misrepresenting people's words- hardly scientific, vibise. And not convincing.

ETA- on second thought, I have posted from one source- Bhattacharya. Don't recall anything political.

Last edited:

vibise

Who are people like me?

This damned panic has been exaggerated. Politicized.

You don't know my sources.

The condescension, fearmongering, bullying, insults, misrepresenting people's words- hardly scientific, vibise. And not convincing.

ETA- on second thought, I have posted from one source- Bhattacharya. Don't recall anything political.
Your source is an author of the Barrington Declaration, which advocates letting the virus run free in young healthy people. Given that now that a great majority of the elderly are vaccinated, the average age of ICU covid patients has plummeted as the disease is spreading among younger people, some of whom are dying. So this strategy would be highly unethical, resulting in a tragically high death toll, unless accompanied by a very high vaccination rate.

It is too bad that people on your side are unconvinced by science and medical experts, or think they are invincible.
The vaccine works, and the vaccinated are protected.
The fear-mongering is entirely RW - with crazy ideas about microchips, getting magnetized, fertility issues, shedding spikes, nonexistent dead vaccinated people, etc.

vibise

You speak of these experimental injections as if they confer immunity.
They do protect people, as vaccines are supposed to, from serious infections, illness and death.

It is the unvaccinated that are clogging up the ICUs and dying.

Storch

They do protect people
Vaccines confer immunity. The new experimental injections do not confer immunity. If all it's going to do is keep me from getting hospitalized if I contract something, that's called a treatment. And I don't believe in taking a treatment for something I do not have.

vibise

Vaccines confer immunity. The new experimental injections do not confer immunity. If all it's going to do is keep me from getting hospitalized if I contract something, that's called a treatment. And I don't believe in taking a treatment for something I do not have.
Vaccines do not confer immunity on everyone - there are always people in whom the vaccines don't take.
There are also variants of the target pathogen that may not be as sensitive to the vaccine - we see that with the flu vaccines that are not always targeted to the most common circulating virus variant.
That does not mean people should not take the vaccines. They are the best way to avoid viral diseases.

Vaccines are designed to be preventive. We have antibiotics that are effective as treatments against bacterial pathogens, but there are few anti-virals. The treatments we use for covid patients are nearly as effective as vaccines.
The vaccine is the best way to avoid getting this disease.
And if you contract the disease, it is too late to get the vaccine. ICU patients are finding this out the hard way, like this man:

Electric Skeptic

Vaccines confer immunity. The new experimental injections do not confer immunity.
No, vaccines do not confer immunity and nobody who knows anything about them thinks they do. They reduce the chance of infection and, if infection happens, reduce the severity of symptoms.

If all it's going to do is keep me from getting hospitalized if I contract something, that's called a treatment. And I don't believe in taking a treatment for something I do not have.
Since "all it's going to do" is not keep you from being hospitalized if you contract something, this argument is irrelevant. It does what all vaccines do.

Thistle

An Age of Cowards

@Fenuay I posted this with you in mind...

@Fenuay - I posted this with our recent conversation in mind.

Let’s discuss!
Reagan%2BObama.jpg

There does seem to be a point there somewhere.

Authentic Nouveau

Actually in the UK those who have had the jab are getting the Delta variant. We were posting links way back in the beginning that said this may happen. Well, apparently it did. Fortunately the Delta is not as strong as Covid-19.
Delta is covid 19 variant. More infectious (virulent) less damaging.

Authentic Nouveau

Fear mongering....when your crowd is saying the unvaccinated are the pandemic??? Actually that may be more hate mongering.
I just listened to a short sermon on how wrong it is to jump on the fear band wagon.

I listened to an even shorter sermon on how Elijah had the false prophets of Baal killed.

It pays to not listen to false profits.