Obsession

Maxtar

Will someone please tell me why so many who post here are so obsessed with the RCC? You people must outnumber Catholics in this section by at least 10 to 1 and I don't understand why you would want to waste your valuable time and hang out here day after day. I mean really, you despise the faith tradition immensely so why would you even want to be where Catholics might be found. None of this makes any sense to me at all.

Will someone please tell me why so many who post here are so obsessed with the RCC? You people must outnumber Catholics in this section by at least 10 to 1 and I don't understand why you would want to waste your valuable time and hang out here day after day. I mean really, you despise the faith tradition immensely so why would you even want to be where Catholics might be found. None of this makes any sense to me at all.
Catholics need to be told the Gospel, too.

Catholics need to be told the Gospel, too.
We already have it. One OT reading, one NT reading, and a Gospel reading at every Mass. Plus a psalm reading. And a sermon. And the most holy of sacraments, the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ in Holy Communion.

I'm not Catholic, yet I was born into the faith, and continued in the faith up until I was in my mid 20's. I learned a lot of valuable lessons as a Catholic, and even after leaving the church I can see how much of it still makes a lot of sense to me. I'm not one of those "recovering Catholics" who has a chip on their shoulder, nor am I now of the Protestant persuasion.

I think an equally pertinent question would be how does one defend their faith beyond a simple appeal to authority? This is an especially disturbing defense when we don't just have scripture refuting certain doctrines, but scripture that makes perfect sense, and is in agreement with the rest of scripture, and reality.

Again, this isn't always the case with Catholic doctrine. It only rears it's head when all other arguments fail.

Will someone please tell me why so many who post here are so obsessed with the RCC?
Uhh, because it is a Roman Catholic Forum.

You people must outnumber Catholics in this section by at least 10 to 1 and I don't understand why you would want to waste your valuable time and hang out here day after day.
Uhh, gospel unto salvation.

You tell me, you're the biblical scholar.
you posted this above -

Maxtar said:
We already have it. One OT reading, one NT reading, and a Gospel reading at every Mass. Plus a psalm reading. And a sermon. And the most holy of sacraments, the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ in Holy Communion.
If catholics have it, what is it?

One does not need to be a biblical scholar to know, have, believe the gospel.

Let me see this an the thread for discussing, let me see, what is it? Oh yes the RCC. I will say I do admire the fact that you admit it is the rcc.

Maxtar said:
Why doesn't it? you claim to belong to His church, so why doesn't it make sense to you?

You agree with uninspired unwritten RC Tradition.
And you agree with uninspired, unwritten Protestant Tradition.

What's the difference? "Oh, but, but, but, our Tradition is Biblical, yours is not." is no answer. What makes you think your Tradition is any more biblical than ours? It all comes down to interpretation. How do you know yours is the right one?

And you agree with uninspired, unwritten Protestant Tradition.

What's the difference? "Oh, but, but, but, our Tradition is Biblical, yours is not." is no answer. What makes you think your Tradition is any more biblical than ours? It all comes down to interpretation. How do you know yours is the right one?
I don't interpret Scripture. I read what it says, and work at understanding that.

Back