Of all the theologians to study and follow it will for sure not be a dead Roman Catholic named John Calvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leatherneck0311

With all the out and out idolatry and blasphemy in the Roman Catholic Church why would anybody base their beliefs and faith around a dead Roman Catholic who was instrumental in killing all those that opposed his warped theology ? My Bible says if you are going to glory in anyone glory in Jesus. Paul said:
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 8:38 - For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, northings present, nor things to come,

Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 8:39 - Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature,shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. I urge you to be persuaded that only Jesus is able to save you and keep you, and only Jesus is worthy to glory in. Gal 6:14 - But God forbid that I should glory, save inthe cross of our Lord JesusChrist, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

With all the out and out idolatry and blasphemy in the Roman Catholic Church why would anybody base their beliefs and faith around a dead Roman Catholic who was instrumental in killing all those that opposed his warped theology ? My Bible says if you are going to glory in anyone glory in Jesus. Paul said:
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 8:38 - For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, northings present, nor things to come,

Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 8:39 - Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature,shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. I urge you to be persuaded that only Jesus is able to save you and keep you, and only Jesus is worthy to glory in. Gal 6:14 - But God forbid that I should glory, save inthe cross of our Lord JesusChrist, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
Calvinists revere, follow, and identify with John Calvin so much that they've all been willingly branded with his name.

Calvinists revere, follow, and identify with John Calvin so much that they've all been willingly branded with his name.
Really? Ask them what Calvin taught. Ask them for the name of any books he wrote. They aren't branded with his name, they are branded with the name of something that came out of a synod. Every time someone argues with TULIP, that isn't Calvin talking. To use Calvin would be to go back into discipleship, where one is learning more about God. Calvinism today is like processed food. The real food of what Calvin taught (whether right or wrong) has been processed into a pale imitation. I don't read Calvin (when I take the time to look) to see what he believed, or anything like that. I read it to learn something about God. Discernment tells one if it is right or wrong. However, what he wrote and how he wrote about it, is completely disconnected from what any one here has said about him. I see snippets from his book, with the persons opinion on what this means about Calvin, and then I go read the actual book, and it is like...huh? I don't see anything about what you say here. In fact, he is saying the opposite. Take the time to read what he says. Weigh and balance it. You will find that he treats God with very high regard.

Wow, this is not another thread designed to sow discord, ridicule, cause division, strife, attack those who believe the Doctrines of Grace, and make unsubstantiable claims?

Yep, it's yet another one.

My Bible says if you are going to glory in anyone glory in Jesus. Paul said:
Unchecked Copy Box

Unchecked Copy Box
Amen! Christ alone!

Really? Ask them what Calvin taught. Ask them for the name of any books he wrote. They aren't branded with his name, they are branded with the name of something that came out of a synod. Every time someone argues with TULIP, that isn't Calvin talking. To use Calvin would be to go back into discipleship, where one is learning more about God. Calvinism today is like processed food. The real food of what Calvin taught (whether right or wrong) has been processed into a pale imitation. I don't read Calvin (when I take the time to look) to see what he believed, or anything like that. I read it to learn something about God. Discernment tells one if it is right or wrong. However, what he wrote and how he wrote about it, is completely disconnected from what any one here has said about him. I see snippets from his book, with the persons opinion on what this means about Calvin, and then I go read the actual book, and it is like...huh? I don't see anything about what you say here. In fact, he is saying the opposite. Take the time to read what he says. Weigh and balance it. You will find that he treats God with very high regard.
They know all this...This is simply a debate tactic to poison the well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back