"Of Miracles," by David Hume

Torin

Here's the primary source, in a nicely formatted online version:

Hume was a fantastic writer, but his style is old timey. This is a version that was edited by a philosophy professor to be easier to read for undergraduates and made freely available online at earlymoderntexts.com (skip to chapter 10):

All right nerds, have at it! :p

Gus Bovona

Here's the primary source, in a nicely formatted online version:

Hume was a fantastic writer, but his style is old timey. This is a version that was edited by a philosophy professor to be easier to read for undergraduates and made freely available online at earlymoderntexts.com (skip to chapter 10):

All right nerds, have at it! :p
Thanks a lot for that! I love the prof's editing, it makes it so much more understandable. I'm not finished with Ch. 10, but I loved this:
Nothing is so convenient as a decisive argument of this kind, which, ·even if it doesn’t convince the opposition·, must at least silence the most arrogant bigotry and superstition, and free us from being pestered by them.

Torin

Thanks a lot for that! I love the prof's editing, it makes it so much more understandable.
I know! Early Modern Texts is a fantastic website

I've been working through Descartes' Discourse on the Method with some help from the same website. It has helped me get unstuck a couple of times. Descartes is a famously clear writer, so if Early Modern Texts can help with him then I think it must be helpful for all the others too.