OK critics--here is your opportunity

Then God did not elect them to salvation.

How does that preclude all men will be judged according to their works--and that for life or damnation?

John 5:28-29---King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

So--why does God use works as the judgment point in receiving His grace unto life?

Matthew 7:19-21---King James Version
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

That just isn't true. It's by God's grace anyone will obtain eternal life.

So--was God's grace nullified here?

Acts 2:38-42---King James Version
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

That's seems to be the usual claim of those whose theology is violated by the scriptures, IMO.

I've never made any claim all men will be saved unto life. All men are absolved of the condemnation of the Fall--and thereby, all have the opportunity to inherit eternal life, as a free gift to all men:

Romans 5:18---King James Version
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

It's referred to as the Redemption.
Excellent.... :p ? :ROFLMAO:o_O?

You have yet to explain the Gospel, Ralf. Typical of you and Dberrie. Epic fail.
yep! according to you a saga, romance or legendary fail... chuckle. We all notice you are quiet and have not shared the meaning of the Gospel or explained it.... this is one of those never ending anti mormons phases they go through folks, never serious and never ending mundane claims.

yep! according to you a saga, romance or legendary fail... chuckle. We all notice you are quiet and have not shared the meaning of the Gospel or explained it.... this is one of those never ending anti mormons phases they go through folks, never serious and never ending mundane claims.
Again, this is the Mormonism forum. I explained the Gospel in another forum last year on CARM. On the Mormonism forum here, you have not explained squat. So what is the Gospel according to Mormonism and can you explain it simply to someone who simply doesn't know? If it is good news, then what is that good news about? What makes it good news? What is the point? Why is it important? Why would that person care? If there is good news, then conversely, what would be the bad news?

Again, this is the Mormonism forum. I explained the Gospel in another forum last year on CARM. On the Mormonism forum here, you have not explained squat. So what is the Gospel according to Mormonism and can you explain it simply to someone who simply doesn't know? If it is good news, then what is that good news about? What makes it good news? What is the point? Why is it important? Why would that person care? If there is good news, then conversely, what would be the bad news?
You have failed to engage, this should and ought to be a two way conversation, we can only compare our differences when you step up to explain your point of view of the Gospel of Christ.... ought to be interesting coming from a man... don't bother me anymore if you're not going to participate, I have more intersting discussions with Markk and Magdalen right now.

You have failed to engage, this should and ought to be a two way conversation, we can only compare our differences when you step up to explain your point of view of the Gospel of Christ.... ought to be interesting coming from a man... don't bother me anymore if you're not going to participate, I have more intersting discussions with Markk and Magdalen right now.
Happy for you. Run away from the most basic of questions......What is the Gospel?

Thx, I think I will run away.... hope you get some answers to your nonsensical and ludicrous question...
So the Mormon says it's ludicrous and nonsensical to ask what the Gospel is. You are a great witness for your institution. Run Ralf, run!

So the Mormon says it's ludicrous and nonsensical to ask what the Gospel is. You are a great witness for your institution. Run Ralf, run!
Look who ever you are, your question was answered by two of of us, what else can we do but hear you out now. Buy your continuous blubbering is fruitless and ludicrous... We bow now to your excellence and superior status as a Gospel expert... take it away, I'm all ears.

Look who ever you are, your question was answered by two of of us, what else can we do but hear you out now. Buy your continuous blubbering is fruitless and ludicrous... We bow now to your excellence and superior status as a Gospel expert... take it away, I'm all ears.
Wat is the Gospel, Ralf? No need to get testy. Just answer the question. and no, neither you nor dberrie have answered it.

You have yet to explain the Gospel, Ralf. Typical of you and Dberrie. Epic fail.

What I consider an epic fail--is when one rejects the Biblical testimony in lieu of their own fabricated theology:

Mark 1:1-5---King James Version

1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

So--what is your evidence Mark1:1-5 is a false testimony?

The Gospel has always been the Gospel. Even before it was put on parchment, it was written in the heavens themselves (Psalm 19). The biblical Gospel and the Mormon gospel differ,

"I thought I would give Organgrinder and all else the opportunity to answer this accusation.

So--what does one find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in the LDS church--as far as salvational doctrines go?"

Still waiting.

"I thought I would give Organgrinder and all else the opportunity to answer this accusation.

So--what does one find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in the LDS church--as far as salvational doctrines go?"

Still waiting.
Deflecting once again, dberrie. We have been talking.. or at least trying to-- about what is the Gospel according to Mormons. You switch the focus because you can't answer.

dberrie2020 said: "I thought I would give Organgrinder and all else the opportunity to answer this accusation.

Still waiting.

Deflecting once again, dberrie. We have been talking.. or at least trying to-- about what is the Gospel according to Mormons. You switch the focus because you can't answer.

How is the very core of the OP "deflecting"? You might want to return to the opening post, which is my post--and see what you find which is different than my question posed above. My question isn't a "switch"--but the very OP itself.

Still waiting.

I thought I would give Organgrinder and all else the opportunity to answer this accusation.

So--what does one find in the Biblical NT--which isn't found in the LDS church--as far as salvational doctrines go?

Does anyone find it a little strange the critics here claim The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are so far off track with Christianity, yet--can't even post a single verse of salvational scripture which isn't found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

Strange, very strange.

Does anyone find it a little strange the critics here claim The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are so far off track with Christianity, yet--can't even post a single verse of salvational scripture which isn't found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

Strange, very strange.
You have diverted from that which we have been trying to discuss. It is the Gospel. Once you answer what it is, there can be further discussions.

Strange, very strange.
(y) ? ? ?o_O?

Back