Old Covenant

SDAchristian

Prologue: "Please remember that Paul ..."
AV 2Th 2:10-12 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
If you look at the previous post, you started out with Revelation 12:17, which Adventists always use to support their claim that not observing the Sabbath will be the mark of the beast.
We need to understand this wholly better in common, to discuss. There are eisegeses in between us.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Last edited:

Common Tater

Prologue: "Please remember that Paul ..."
AV 2Th 2:10-12 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

We need to understand this wholly better in common, to discuss. There are eisegeses in between us.

Yours in Christ, Michael
You deny that Adventism uses Revelation 12:17 to support its claim that Sabbath observance will be the final test as far as the Mark of the Beast is concerned? It uses that verse to support its claim that the Seventh-Day Adventist church is the remnant church because Adventists "keep the commandments of God", by which they mean the Ten Commandments and, specifically, the Fourth, and "have the testimony of Jesus", by which they mean Ellen G White. Tell me that is not true. I was fourth-generation Adventist on one side and third- on the other, educated in Adventist schools from first grade thru college. Tell me that Adventists don't use that verse in support of non-observance of the seventh-day sabbath being the mark of the beast.

Formersda

You deny that Adventism uses Revelation 12:17 to support its claim that Sabbath observance will be the final test as far as the Mark of the Beast is concerned? It uses that verse to support its claim that the Seventh-Day Adventist church is the remnant church because Adventists "keep the commandments of God", by which they mean the Ten Commandments and, specifically, the Fourth, and "have the testimony of Jesus", by which they mean Ellen G White. Tell me that is not true. I was fourth-generation Adventist on one side and third- on the other, educated in Adventist schools from first grade thru college. Tell me that Adventists don't use that verse in support of non-observance of the seventh-day sabbath being the mark of the beast.
ahh but you know the truth and rejected it, so Micheal will use that as a means not to have to explain it.
No church on this earth has the truth, all churches are created by man, all religions are man made even if they claim that they were given it by God.

The only truth is the word of God read in context, not to be used to prove doctrines and show how right “we are” and your wrong.

This attitude is opposite to God, Jesus said it’s by love they will know me as My disciples. Religions and churches preaching at cross purposes, trying to maintain “their” truth whilst completely ignoring the command from Jesus to love are damning the souls of their members.

Using so called righteous judgement against another righteous person is unrighteousness. Over and over the New Testament commands we are not to judge our fellow brethren, who are each made in the image of God.

We will not be saved by being in a religion, we are only saved by Jesus who is the author and perfector of salvation it is only through Him we are saved.

Noone else has that authority to judge only God who created us can judge us.

No Adventist ever can provide scripture to show that Gods wrath is towards the believer. There is no scripture to support such an idea.

Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

I submit only to Him my Lord, and to no one else.

MMDAN

I have read that Seventh-day Adventists teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday.

I almost fell out of my chair the first time I read that! 😲

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Jn 6:63-64 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life. 64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
AV Re 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

We are ALL caught in a "war" of "words" here.

What you are missing is, GOD does this through 'the spirit's revelation !!! And that is what real Adventists teach.

Of course, there are a few hairs to split in your comments above, which I did not address.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:

AV Ro 13:8-10 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

Bearing a false witness, is evidence of not loving the truth, to others or to GOD !!!

It is salvific !!!
I have read that Seventh-day Adventists teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday.
I almost fell out of my chair the first time I read that! 😲
AV Re 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

It depends on how we understand and interpret GOD's usage of "receive [his] mark".

AV Jn 8:44-47 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell [you] the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear [them] not, because ye are not of God.

In case any missed it here; "because there is no truth in him", because it is ALWAYS mixed with 'the devil's personal lies. Anybody catch this from the serpent's chat with Eve ???

A lie is also not understanding GOD's Truth properly, because of error mixed in. 'the devil' does it on purpose, when others blindly(or in ignorance) follow it, not knowing the whole truth.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Common Tater

Prologue:
AV Jn 6:63-64 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life. 64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

AV Re 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

We are ALL caught in a "war" of "words" here.

What you are missing is, GOD does this through 'the spirit's revelation !!! And that is what real Adventists teach.

Of course, there are a few hairs to split in your comments above, which I did not address.

Yours in Christ, Michael
By "the spirit's revelation!!!", you mean Ellen White was a true prophet, don't you? That Adventists know they are the remnant church because Ellen White's visions and writings prove it to be so?

Formersda

Prologue:

AV Ro 13:8-10 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

Bearing a false witness, is evidence of not loving the truth, to others or to GOD !!!

It is salvific !!!

AV Re 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

It depends on how we understand and interpret GOD's usage of "receive [his] mark".

AV Jn 8:44-47 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell [you] the truth, ye believe me not. 46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear [them] not, because ye are not of God.

In case any missed it here; "because there is no truth in him", because it is ALWAYS mixed with 'the devil's personal lies. Anybody catch this from the serpent's chat with Eve ???

A lie is also not understanding GOD's Truth properly, because of error mixed in. 'the devil' does it on purpose, when others blindly(or in ignorance) follow it, not knowing the whole truth.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Romans 4:3-5
For what does the scripture say? “ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS.”
Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favour, but as what is due.
But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.

You can never be saved by works ever, you can be sanctimonious as much as you want, but salvation is a gift from God. There are no works involved in salvation, however, you cannot call yourself a believer if you don’t do good works which Jesus and the apostles did. Why pray for someone if they have no food? Giving food is good works, doing sabbath like an sda is not good works.

ontheBeam

For what does the scripture say? “ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS.”
Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favour, but as what is due.
But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.

You can never be saved by works ever, you can be sanctimonious as much as you want, but salvation is a gift from God. There are no works involved in salvation, however, you cannot call yourself a believer if you don’t do good works which Jesus and the apostles did. Why pray for someone if they have no food? Giving food is good works, doing sabbath like an sda is not good works.
That is proof in the puddin. What is also proof in the puddin is that Ellen White was a false prophet because she wrote that we have to do works of the old covenant law, that ended at Calvary, in order to be saved.

It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4}

But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}

SDAchristian

That is proof in the puddin. What is also proof in the puddin is that Ellen White was a false prophet because she wrote that we have to do works of the old covenant law, that ended at Calvary, in order to be saved.
It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4}
But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}
It is clear to me, you do not understand why these statements were made.

It seems to me, you will not change yet, your opinion either.

From my understanding, many do not understand, what is sin from GOD's Point Of View.

You already know, the final part of this spiritual war is over spiritual concepts, executed in cold lifeless blood.

AV Re 16:4-7 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. 6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. 7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous [are] thy judgments.

Does anyone know how to dodge this prophecy ???

IOW: Many will murder martyrs as works to their god. There is not much waiting to be done, to see this. Of course, provided they make it through end time GOD's judgments.

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
Personal pronoun alert in possession !!!
AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

So do you believe GOD here, so "IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS", without "speaking [thine own] words" ???
AV Ja 2:11-14 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. 13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. 14 What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

The glaring error here is: The difference of works to be saved(as noted between OT/NT), and the works because of being saved.

AV Jn 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Check Question of the moment is: Are "the works because of being saved", are also defined as sin, by GOD ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Re 16:4-7 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. 6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. 7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous [are] thy judgments.
By "the spirit's revelation!!!", you mean Ellen White was a true prophet, don't you? That Adventists know they are the remnant church because Ellen White's visions and writings prove it to be so?
AV 1C 3:16-20 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are. 18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

"By "the spirit's revelation!!!", you mean Ellen White was a true prophet, don't you?", It is a matter of perspective, you have just as much Holy Spirit as anyone else. You had the free will gift from GOD, to make your own choices, So as I.

AV Jn 7:23-24 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day? 24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Does Jesus only heal the flesh and/or the whole soul, in your own choice of judgment ???

AV Re 18:3-5 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

"That Adventists know they are the remnant church because Ellen White's visions and writings prove it to be so?", What does the Holy Spirit tell you ???

EGW's writings also state that many in the SDA church are lost. As an Adventist, Do you know that as well ???

Before you get upset: Consider, once a sinner, always a sinner. But with a choice, to be saved. Insert Adventist, and repeat.

Let me know, if this spiritual logic fails your comprehension.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Formersda

So do you believe GOD here, so "IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS", without "speaking [thine own] words" ???
Scripture is clear what it says that quote comes from Genesis 15:6 way before Israel was a nation. Genesis 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD, and He reckoned to him righteousness. This was before the Ten Commandments, the Ten Commandments came 430 years later, did he keep the sabbath and it was reckoned to him righteousness? Did Enoch keep the sabbath?

All sin is sin, there is not one sin that is worse than others your making that up to clear your Ellen. Disobedience to the command in Acts 1:7 to the setting of times is a sin, it’s a sin in God’s eyes. You judging us is a sin in Gods eyes.

Check Question of the moment is: Are "the works because of being saved", are also defined as sin, by GOD ???
If you are referring here to dead works which is the works of the Law yes, because your putting a yoke on a believer that wasn’t intended. You are taking away the mercy of God for salvation, its a gift.

The glaring error here is: The difference of works to be saved(as noted between OT/NT), and the works because of being saved. Nope I’m not mixing the two up, you are.

SDAchristian

Scripture is clear what it says that quote comes from Genesis 15:6 way before Israel was a nation. Genesis 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD, and He reckoned to him righteousness. This was before the Ten Commandments, the Ten Commandments came 430 years later, did he keep the sabbath and it was reckoned to him righteousness? Did Enoch keep the sabbath?
All sin is sin, there is not one sin that is worse than others your making that up to clear your Ellen. Disobedience to the command in Acts 1:7 to the setting of times is a sin, it’s a sin in God’s eyes. You judging us is a sin in Gods eyes.
Did you read all of Genesis 15, why is GOD using symbols shown Moses, as well to Abraham ??? How many covenants did GOD make about sin ???

AV Mt 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.

"Did Enoch keep the sabbath?", Yes, there is no difference in GOD's "will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven".

This also applies to Genesis 15 too.

AV Am 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

"Disobedience to the command in Acts 1:7 to the setting of times is a sin, it’s a sin in God’s eyes.", In your opinion, are you omniscient like GOD then ???

So YOU know, if EGW repented or not, and why or why not ???

"You judging us is a sin in Gods eyes.", So was I using my judgment, or GOD's judgment as a messenger ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

SDAchristian

If you are referring here to dead works which is the works of the Law yes, because your putting a yoke on a believer that wasn’t intended. You are taking away the mercy of God for salvation, its a gift.

The glaring error here is: The difference of works to be saved(as noted between OT/NT), and the works because of being saved. Nope I’m not mixing the two up, you are.
"If you are referring here to dead works which is the works of the Law yes, ...", As an Adventist, how many animal lambs, did you kill to confess and repent a sin for ???

"You are taking away the mercy of God for salvation, its a gift.", Should I assume you have evidence for this accusation ??? Otherwise a Quotebox with my Cut-N-Paste words, in context will be needed to prove your judgment as the Truth, Right ???

"Nope I’m not mixing the two up, you are.", Should I assume you have evidence for this accusation ??? Otherwise a Quotebox with my Cut-N-Paste words, in context will be needed to prove your judgment as the Truth, Right ???

AV Mt 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

I do understand what the self deceived have done to GOD's saints and prophets throughout salvation history, starting with "Abel", Right ???

AV Gn 4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

How did Abel(Genesis 4) know about the Plan of Salvation in symbols, in the beginning then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Formersda

Did you read all of Genesis 15, why is GOD using symbols shown Moses, as well to Abraham ??? How many covenants did GOD make about sin ???

AV Mt 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.

"Did Enoch keep the sabbath?", Yes, there is no difference in GOD's "will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven".

This also applies to Genesis 15 too.

AV Am 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

"Disobedience to the command in Acts 1:7 to the setting of times is a sin, it’s a sin in God’s eyes.", In your opinion, are you omniscient like GOD then ???

So YOU know, if EGW repented or not, and why or why not ???

"You judging us is a sin in Gods eyes.", So was I using my judgment, or GOD's judgment as a messenger ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Show me in the bible where the Ten Commandments where given before Sinai.

You are using your own judgement on what you think God thinks sin is.

Formersda

"If you are referring here to dead works which is the works of the Law yes, ...", As an Adventist, how many animal lambs, did you kill to confess and repent a sin for ???

"You are taking away the mercy of God for salvation, its a gift.", Should I assume you have evidence for this accusation ??? Otherwise a Quotebox with my Cut-N-Paste words, in context will be needed to prove your judgment as the Truth, Right ???

"Nope I’m not mixing the two up, you are.", Should I assume you have evidence for this accusation ??? Otherwise a Quotebox with my Cut-N-Paste words, in context will be needed to prove your judgment as the Truth, Right ???

AV Mt 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

I do understand what the self deceived have done to GOD's saints and prophets throughout salvation history, starting with "Abel", Right ???

AV Gn 4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

How did Abel(Genesis 4) know about the Plan of Salvation in symbols, in the beginning then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

dont need to to you just need to read all my posts.

Its you who as separated the mosaic covenant it’s not dividable and you cannot prove from scripture that after Jesus’s death the Law was divided.

Formersda

Disobedience to the command in Acts 1:7 to the setting of times is a sin, it’s a sin in God’s eyes.", In your opinion, are you omniscient like GOD then ???
Who was the One talking in Acts. 1:7? Wasn’t it Jesus Himself? So if He says its not for us to know then to then predict His coming contrary to what He says is a sin. Jesus is God end of so in His omniscience He judges it as a sin. Just like He said its a sin to commit adulatory.

SDAchristian

Its you who as separated the mosaic covenant it’s not dividable ...
"it’s not dividable", So you have proof of that ???
... and you cannot prove from scripture that after Jesus’s death the Law was divided.

So Sunday keepers do not believe that 'adultery' is a sin to repent of ???
So Sunday keepers do not believe that 'kill'ing is a sin to repent of ???
So Sunday keepers do not believe that 'steal'ing is a sin to repent of ???
So Sunday keepers do not believe that 'false witness' is a sin to repent of ???
So Sunday keepers do not believe that 'covet'ing is a sin to repent of ???

AV 2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

So in your mind, is Paul a liar, doing what you say, that can not be done ???

Yours in Christ, Michael