On a scale from 1 to 10, how confident are you in your salvation?

Dizerner

9.0 I guess. God has not granted me absolute certainty, but I have been through some pretty extreme dealings of repentance and feel confident because I know God is working in my life and I am seeing truth about my sinfulness and God's grace. Somehow Paul felt persuaded and confident, but he still seemed to indicate that niggling potential he could fail too. Maybe it's just to keep the fear of God in us. We definitely should make sure we are as sure as we can be!

eternomade

Is there any doubt in your mind that you will spend eternity blissfully united with Christ and all the saints? If you're sure, what makes you so sure?
Assurance in anything other than Christ and His work is false assurance. Hebrews 4 is a good passage to read about assurance.

civic

100% assured of Gods numerous promises of giving me Eternal Life. I’ve had a daily relationship with Christ from day 1 over 40 years ago when He gave me the new birth. I was transformed and have never looked back but press on forward to finishing the race which is a marathon . My hunger and thirst to know Him has never ceased and I made the habit early on by studying His word the first thing in the morning and when I get chances to throughout the day. And I pray / converse with the Lord all the time . I’ve hidden His word on my heart by memorizing scriptures in which the Holy Spirit brings to my mind often during my day. I had doubts as a young believer but learned to trust His promises with my life. So I would say a 10.

hope this helps !!!

SteveB

Is there any doubt in your mind that you will spend eternity blissfully united with Christ and all the saints? If you're sure, what makes you so sure?
There are many times when I question whether or not I'm saved.

I'm then reminded that my salvation from sin and death is based entirely on God's Word, his willingness/motivation to save me-- often in spite of myself, and the nature of Love... God's Love.

We read in Genesis 1:26-27 that he created humans in his own likeness and image.

Jesus said that He loved the world so much that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever would believe in him would not perish but have everlasting life for he did not send him into the world to condemn the world but that through him the world may be saved. John 3:16-17

We then read in 1 John 5:10-13 that he'd written that letter so that we can know that we have everlasting life.

Then, the other day I read a passage in Isaiah that says God saves us for His own namesake.

This struck me as incredibly profound because while we indeed gain an incredible benefit, He does this because he wants to.

Isa 43:25 WEB I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake; and I will not remember your sins.

So, it should be noted that God is a lot more motivated to save us than we often realize.

Thankfully, according to Psalm 138:8, and Philippians 1:6.... God will finish what he started in us.

Fenuay

0 because as you pointed out I am a sinner and so I don't have fertile soil for Gods seed to grow and it's immensely depressing. My entire family and all my friends have no chance.

shnarkle

I'm sure he is.

Do you have an answer to your OP? Curious on your thoughts.
Do you remember when people started talking about their "life verse"? I think it was about 20 or 30 years ago that it became popular to share your life verse with people. I never really found one, but there was one that always bothered me. It's where Jeremiah says, "The heart of man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. Who can know it?"

I don't believe anyone can repent without an acute awareness of their own depravity. I've rarely encountered anyone who was able to admit anything beyond lacking in perfection.

Ultimately, there's a very fine line between that awareness and one's awareness of their impending damnation. Working out one's salvation with fear and trembling goes without saying. Confidence belongs to those who have left this fallen world behind.

Fenuay

Do you remember when people started talking about their "life verse"? I think it was about 20 or 30 years ago that it became popular to share your life verse with people. I never really found one, but there was one that always bothered me. It's where Jeremiah says, "The heart of man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. Who can know it?"

I don't believe anyone can repent without an acute awareness of their own depravity. I've rarely encountered anyone who was able to admit anything beyond lacking in perfection.

Ultimately, there's a very fine line between that awareness and one's awareness of their impending damnation. Working out one's salvation with fear and trembling goes without saying. Confidence belongs to those who have left this fallen world behind.
How does one do that?