On "the Mark"

RiJoRi

My wife got an email from a friend getting all excited about the mark of the beast. (The friend, not my wife.) I BELIEVE many people in our USA believe in a pre-trib rapture. If so, why do they freak out? Aren't Christians supposed to have been evacuated some 3.5 years before?

(Just something to think about. We all know "those" with other eschatological views are nuts, or blind, or something, so it need not be repeated here :) Or, BE NICE!! )

Tercon

My wife got an email from a friend getting all excited about the mark of the beast. (The friend, not my wife.) I BELIEVE many people in our USA believe in a pre-trib rapture. If so, why do they freak out? Aren't Christians supposed to have been evacuated some 3.5 years before?

(Just something to think about. We all know "those" with other eschatological views are nuts, or blind, or something, so it need not be repeated here :) Or, BE NICE!! )

Actually the proper translation is "born from above" and not born again. The word "rapture" isn't mentioned in the Bible. I would ask those who say they believe in the physical removal of believers from the earth; 'were you been born from above when God revealed His truth and reality to you'?

this one came unto him by night, and said to him, `Rabbi, we have known that from God thou hast come -- a teacher, for no one these signs is able to do that thou dost, if God may not be with him.' Jesus answered and said to him, `Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born from above, he is not able to see the reign of God;' (John 3:2-3)

that which hath been born of the flesh is flesh, and that which hath been born of the Spirit is spirit.`Thou mayest not wonder that I said to thee, It behoveth you to be born from above; the Spirit where he willeth doth blow, and his voice thou dost hear, but thou hast not known whence he cometh, and whither he goeth; thus is every one who hath been born of the Spirit.' (John 3:6-8)

The Jews, therefore, said, `Will he kill himself, because he saith, Whither I go away, ye are not able to come?' and he said to them, `Ye are from beneath, I am from above; ye are of this world, I am not of this world; I said, therefore, to you, that ye shall die in your sins, for if ye may not believe that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins.' (John 8:22-24)

Pilate, therefore, saith to him, `To me dost thou not speak? hast thou not known that I have authority to crucify thee, and I have authority to release thee?' Jesus answered, `Thou wouldst have no authority against me, if it were not having been given thee from above; because of this, he who is delivering me up to thee hath greater sin.' (John 19:10-11)

Be not led astray, my brethren beloved; every good giving, and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the lights, with whom is no variation, or shadow of turning; having counselled, He did beget us with a word of truth, for our being a certain first-fruit of His creatures. (James 1:16-18)

Who [is] wise and intelligent among you? let him shew out of the good behaviour his works in meekness of wisdom, and if bitter zeal ye have, and rivalry in your heart, glory not, nor lie against the truth; this wisdom is not descending from above, but earthly, physical, demon-like, and the wisdom from above, first, indeed, is pure, then peaceable, gentle, easily entreated, full of kindness and good fruits, uncontentious, and unhypocritical: -- (James 3:13-17)

There are two kinds of unbelievers; 666 on the forehead and the second kind 666 on their right hand.. There is the atheist that disbelieves in the truth and reality of God (666 on the forehead). And then there is the other kind of unbelievers who say they are believers, but don't believe the truth and reality of God (666 on their right hand). This second group of unbelievers are the lukewarm, half in and half out pretending to know the truth and reality of God. These are referred to in the Bible as "wolves", these fake believers hinder believers in their walk.

Last edited:

RiJoRi

??? I am confused. I said nothing about being reborn.
As to "rapture", it's "theological quick-speak" (derived from the Latin) for the verses (in 1Thess 4:16,17) where Paul speaks of us being "caught up" and all the accompanying "stuff".

--Rich