Once Saved--Always Saved?

1 Sam 16:13
Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.

Ezekiel 3:20 (KJV)
Again, When a righteous [man] doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Ezekiel 33:13 (KJV)
When I shall say to the righteous, [that] he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

These scriptures should make clear OSAS is a false doctrine.

Ezekiel 3:20 (KJV)
Again, When a righteous [man] doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Ezekiel 33:13 (KJV)
When I shall say to the righteous, [that] he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

These scriptures should make clear OSAS is a false doctrine.
So for you it's "OSSIDH" or "once saved--still in danger of hell." Is that correct? It seems illogical to me to understand saved as still in danger. Unfortunately, the two passages you cited are from the Old Testament which was written prior to salvation through Christ becoming a reality so they're not terribly relevant to the topic.

So for you it's "OSSIDH" or "once saved--still in danger of hell." Is that correct? It seems illogical to me to understand saved as still in danger. Unfortunately, the two passages you cited are from the Old Testament which was written prior to salvation through Christ becoming a reality so they're not terribly relevant to the topic.
I thought GOD never changes .
Same yesterday , today and forever.
Is HE GOD of all the earth or just Israel ?
Does HE have separate rules for the east , west , north , south .
HIS laws apply to all cultures, all races , all times .
Have you now believe you are not a branch but now the tree .
Jude 1:6
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Are you better than Angels?
If they can fall , so can we .

Luke 16:25-26
25“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

I thought GOD never changes .
Same yesterday , today and forever.
Yes, but God's revelation to the world obviously does change. When He sent Jesus, the new message was the need for forgiveness through Christ, an issue that had not been raised before.
Is HE GOD of all the earth or just Israel ?
God has authority over all humankind.
Does HE have separate rules for the east , west , north , south .
He used to have different laws for different people, but that is no longer the case.
HIS laws apply to all cultures, all races , all times .
Yes--since Christ came that is true.
Have you now believe you are not a branch but now the tree .
Jude 1:6
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Are you better than Angels?
If they can fall , so can we .
I'm not sure how I compare to angels, but yes, some people can fall from God's grace. The saved are not among them. God knows what He's doing. When He saves a person, His work cannot fail. Once you are saved, then you are always saved.

Yes, but God's revelation to the world obviously does change. When He sent Jesus, the new message was the need for forgiveness through Christ, an issue that had not been raised before.

God has authority over all humankind.

He used to have different laws for different people, but that is no longer the case.

Yes--since Christ came that is true.

I'm not sure how I compare to angels, but yes, some people can fall from God's grace. The saved are not among them. God knows what He's doing. When He saves a person, His work cannot fail. Once you are saved, then you are always saved.
Any one who is this deceived is beyond reasoning.

Back