ONE Being. ONE Spirit, ONE Lord, ONE God.

ONE Being. ONE Spirit, ONE Lord, ONE God.

Ephesians 4:4-6... There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

TRINITARIANS...

1.) Is the "One Spirit" a Person?
2.) Is the "One Lord" a Person?
3.) Is the "One God" a Person?

These are simple Yes/No questions. :)

I say Yes to all three, and they are all the same Person.

However, here is how I describe the distinctions between the Father, the Son, the Spirit, and YAH...

YAH is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. YAH is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. YAH in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, YAH in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal YAH is called God the Father.

YAH

Psalm 68:4 NKJV... Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name YAH, And rejoice before Him.

is spirit
John 4:24 NKJV... “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

and is the only one who is eternal...
Deuteronomy 33:27 NKJV... The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’
Isaiah 37:16 NKJV... “O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, the One who dwells between the cherubim, You are God, You alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth.

YAH is also in the universe as spirit
Genesis 1:2 NKJV... The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

and as a human...
1 Timothy 3:16 NKJV... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

YAH in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God
Genesis 1:2 NKJV... The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

YAH in the universe as a human is called the Son of God
Luke 1:35 NKJV... And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

and eternal YAH is called God the Father.
1 Corinthians 8:6 NKJV... yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

johnny guitar

Ephesians 4:4-6... There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

TRINITARIANS...

However, here is how I describe the distinctions between the Father, the Son, the Spirit, and YAH...

YAH is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. YAH is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. YAH in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, YAH in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal YAH is called God the Father.

YAH

Psalm 68:4 NKJV... Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name YAH, And rejoice before Him.

is spirit
John 4:24 NKJV... “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

and is the only one who is eternal...
Deuteronomy 33:27 NKJV... The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’
Isaiah 37:16 NKJV... “O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, the One who dwells between the cherubim, You are God, You alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth.

YAH is also in the universe as spirit

and as a human...
1 Timothy 3:16 NKJV... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

YAH in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God

YAH in the universe as a human is called the Son of God
Luke 1:35 NKJV... And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

and eternal YAH is called God the Father.
1 Corinthians 8:6 NKJV... yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
Same BEING, NOT same Person.

Same BEING, NOT same Person.

I did not mention "same" in my questions.

Are you able to answer the questions or NOT...

These should be easy Yes/No questions.

Last edited:

TRINITARIANS...

Yes, yes, yes. Ephesians 4:4-6 clear expression of the Trinity. Where do you get the idea that they are the same person? It must be fun assuming your way through Scripture to justify your dogma.

God Bless

johnny guitar

I did not mention "same" in my questions.

Are you able to answer the questions or NOT...

These should be easy Yes/No questions.
Yes to all questions.
Next question..................

Where do you get the idea that they are the same person?

I define "a person" as "a spirit or human being".

John 4:24... God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Since God is A Spirit, God is ONE Person.

Isaiah 37:16... O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

And Jesus and the Father are that ONE Person (Spirit) who is God ALONE.

John 10:30... I and my Father are one.

John 14:9... Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

I answered your question, now can you answer mine... :)

Where do you get the idea that the "one God" (who is spirit) and the "one Spirit" are NOT the same person?

johnny guitar

John 4:24... God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Isaiah 37:16... O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

John 14:9... Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Where do you get the idea that the "one God" (who is spirit) and the "one Spirit" are NOT the same person?
Your initial fallacy is God is one PERSON.
Case closed.

Your initial fallacy is God is one PERSON.
Case closed.

I think you would agree that God is one person based on my definition of "a person" as "a spirit or human being". You just say God is three persons because you have another definition of "a person".

Before I comment on your answers to my questions below. Would you like to change any of your answers first.

Because I don't think a Trinitarian should say the "One Spirit" is a Person who is NOT distinct from "God the Father".

But if you want to keep your answers as is, just let me know.

Yes to all questions.

Just to clarify your Trinitarian view...

Is that "ONE Spirit" distinct from "the Holy Spirit"?

Is that "ONE Spirit" distinct from "God the Father"?
NO to both questions.

Tanachreader

I think you would agree that God is one person based on my definition of "a person" as "a spirit or human being". You just say God is three persons because you have another definition of "a person".

Before I comment on your answers to my questions below. Would you like to change any of your answers first.

Because I don't think a Trinitarian should say the "One Spirit" is a Person who is NOT distinct from "God the Father".

But if you want to keep your answers as is, just let me know.
More than one individual, one God

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Okay. Why should I care about your definition? Given that you are bringing up this on a Trinity forum, shouldn't we be using the standard theological definition for such in these discussions?

Given that this syllogism is based upon a definition I do not hold, why should I care about this? Defining your theology as correct is truly vacuous.

Yes, there is only one God. Thank you for presenting truly irrelevant verses.

Not. That Jesus prays to the Father proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not one person.

One in being, not person as specified with the use of "I" and "my". BTW, the Greek of John 10:30 literally states: "I and the Father, we are one." Maybe, maybe, you shouldn't base your dogma on poorly translated verses.

Another verse expressing the fact that the Father and Son are one in being while being distinct in person. Are you trying to prove Trinitarianism?

Verses like: John 14:16-17 "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you." We have Father, Son and Spirit all distinguished via personal pronouns. The Father is not the Spirit because the Spirit is literally "another" according to Jesus.

God Bless

Okay. Why should I care about your definition? Given that you are bringing up this on a Trinity forum, shouldn't we be using the standard theological definition for such in these discussions?

So what is the standard theological definition of "a person"?

"a person" is defined as ___________________________. Fill in the blank.

The dictionary defines "a person" as "a human being regarded as an individual".

By that definition, there cannot be eternal persons. That is why I would not normally refer to God as person(s).

But since I am on a Trinity forum where you must refer to God as person(s), I modify the definition of "a person" to include "spirit".

That is why I define "a person" as "a spirit or human being".

Last edited:
So what is the standard theological definition of "a person"?

"a person" is defined as ___________________________. Fill in the blank.

The dictionary defines "a person" as "a human being regarded as an individual".

By that definition, there cannot be eternal persons. That is why I would not normally refer to God as person(s).

But since I am on a Trinity forum where you must refer to God as person(s), I modify the definition of "a person" to include "spirit".

That is why I define "a person" as "a spirit or human being".

Who in their right mind would think a secular dictionary would given a theological definition?

Person is the subsistent, incommunicable subject of an intellectual nature.

God Bless

Who in their right mind would think a secular dictionary would given a theological definition?

Because words mean things.

Is the referent of the word "God" in Genesis 1:3 the subsistent, incommunicable subject of an intellectual nature?

Genesis 1:3... And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

I say Yes.

Is the referent of the word "YHWH" in Isaiah 2:11 the subsistent, incommunicable subject of an intellectual nature?

Isaiah 2:11... The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and YHWH alone shall be exalted in that day.

I say Yes.

Because words mean things.

Words mean things in context. Christians have been using the word person to refer to the persons of the Trinity in English for hundreds of years now. Whether or not a secular dictionary references such is utterly besides the point. That people like yourself wish to truncate the definition in Theological discussions is likewise utterly besides the point. And, any serious person would recognize this fact.

Is the referent of the word "God" in Genesis 1:3 the subsistent, incommunicable subject of an intellectual nature?

Such is not a meaningful question. This question expresses such a fundamental misunderstanding of the definition given, no meaningful answer can be expressed. Perhaps, you should ask a meaningful question.

God Bless

Such is not a meaningful question. This question expresses such a fundamental misunderstanding of the definition given, no meaningful answer can be expressed. Perhaps, you should ask a meaningful question.

What ????? Just to clarify...

Are EITHER of these a meaningful question...
A) Is the referent of the word "God" in Genesis 1:3 a Person?
B) Is the referent of the word "God" in Genesis 1:3 the subsistent, incommunicable subject of an intellectual nature?

I say both questions ARE meaningful.

I ask because YOU had said before...

So I simply substituted the word "Person" in the first question for YOUR definition of "Person" in the second question.

What ????? Just to clarify...

Are EITHER of these a meaningful question...
A) Is the referent of the word "God" in Genesis 1:3 a Person?
B) Is the referent of the word "God" in Genesis 1:3 the subsistent, incommunicable subject of an intellectual nature?

I say both questions ARE meaningful.

The word God in Genesis 1:3 is being used to refer to a person in the Trinity. The second question is still nonsensical. That's not how definitions work.

God Bless

The word God in Genesis 1:3 is being used to refer to a person in the Trinity. The second question is still nonsensical. That's not how definitions work.

God Bless

That is exactly how definitions work.

Definitions are “a statement of the exact meaning of a word” according to the dictionary

So a word and it’s definition are interchangeable.

So how do definitions work in a TRINITARIAN dictionary?

That is exactly how definitions work.

Definitions are “a statement of the exact meaning of a word” according to the dictionary

So a word and it’s definition are interchangeable.

If you asked "Is the referent of the word "God" in Genesis 1:3 a subsistent, incommunicable subject of an intellectual nature?", then it would have been a meaningful question. By using "the", you confused the entire question. Besides, you could have simply asked "Is the referent of the word "God" in Genesis 1:3 a Person?" But, you already knew the answer to that question and simply choose to troll me with nonsense.

God Bless

If you asked "Is the referent of the word "God" in Genesis 1:3 a subsistent, incommunicable subject of an intellectual nature?", then it would have been a meaningful question. By using "the", you confused the entire question. Besides, you could have simply asked "Is the referent of the word "God" in Genesis 1:3 a Person?" But, you already knew the answer to that question and simply choose to troll me with nonsense.

Okay, but YOU used the word "the" (and not "a") when you gave the definition of "a person". But I will use "a" from now on.

So can you answer this question...

Is the referent of the very first mention of the word "God" in the Bible a subsistent, incommunicable subject of an intellectual nature?

I say Yes.

Genesis 1:1... In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Okay, but YOU used the word "the" (and not "a") when you gave the definition of "a person". But I will use "a" from now on.

No, I quoted a theological definition for person I found online. I did not give the definition of "a person". I quoted "Person is the subsistent, incommunicable subject of an intellectual nature." The definition is the definition of a concept. Obviously you were so fixated on your endless questions, that you never bothered to understand what was being said.

So can you answer this question...

Is the referent of the very first mention of the word "God" in the Bible a subsistent, incommunicable subject of an intellectual nature?

I say Yes.

Genesis 1:1... In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

I've already answered this question. Look back two posts. You obviously don't care to understand what I'm saying, so why should I care enough to answer this question again? Seriously, how many times must I answer questions like is the sky blue?

God Bless