One in Heaven, no Trinity - Psalm 73:25

Jewjitzu

Psalm 73:25
Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.

Nehemiah 9:6
You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

Malachi 2:10
Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

1 Chronicles 17:20
There is no one like you, LORD, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

Last edited:
Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.

You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

There is no one like you, LORD, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

I know there are folks who think they can prove the Triune Godhead from the Old Testament. I believe they are wrong. IMHO, there are allusions to the triune Godhead. But no clear statements as described in the NT...

Matt Slick just recently posted this...

I know there are folks who think they can prove the Triune Godhead from the Old Testament. I believe they are wrong. IMHO, there are allusions to the triune Godhead. But no clear statements as described in the NT...
I don't even think there are illusions. It's straightforward God is one and alone. He created that way.

Are you saying that YHWH was created?
No, I'm saying He created exclusively alone, without another in the godhead, ie, no two or three persons.

Nehemiah 9:6 shows this in the Hebrew. Lebadecha, alone as one. Plural would have been lebadechem, etc.

The other verses are similar.

Last edited:
Sure there are allusions to a Triune Being... You have to have your heart circumcised before you are able to see it...
We'll, you wouldn't know about circumcision of the heart if you don't even follow the commandments.

There's clear evidence God is exclusively alone, singularly one. The verses I gave prove that.

Matt Slick just recently posted this...
Glancing at this, I don't see an explanation as to why the trinity "just is" true, why it's needed or required.

If I understand the references to the aspects of the ontological trinity correctly, there's an admission that the son and holy spirit are still begotten in a sense, and contradicts the idea of aseity since neither of these persons has necessary existence, but are dependent on another. This is a flaw in the godhead.

With regards to the economic trinity aspect, this borders on what has been called mysterianism, and just a guessing game.

Maybe inquire about that.

Last edited:

Notice the parallels in Nehemiah 9, Psalm 86, Jeremiah 10 and Revelation 15 concerning (1) the uniqueness of God coupled with the fact that (2) He is to be worshiped/feared.
1. Uniqueness
You are the LORD, you alone. (Nehemiah 9:6)
There is none like you among the gods, O Lord...You alone are God. (Psalm 86:8, 10)
There is none like you, O LORD...The LORD is the true God. (Jeremiah 10:6, 10)
You alone are holy. (Revelation 15:4)

2. Worship/Fear
The host of heaven worships you. (Nehemiah 9:6)
All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord...Unite my heart to fear your name. (Psalm 86:9, 11)
Who would not fear you, O King of the nations? (Jeremiah 10:7)
King of the nations! Who will not fear, O Lord...All nations will come and worship you. (Revelation 15:3-4)

In both Psalm 86 and Jeremiah 10 the worship of God is expressed by "calling" on the name of the Lord ("cried" to the Lord in Nehemiah 9:27-28).
Psalm 86:6-7
(6) Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer; listen to my plea for grace.
(7) In the day of my trouble I call upon you, for you answer me.
Jeremiah 10:25
Pour out your wrath on the nations that know you not, and on the peoples that call not on your name.

The uniqueness of God applies to the Lord Jesus in that worship is to be rendered unto Him by "calling" on His name (Acts 2:21; 7:59-60; 9:14, 21; 22:16; Romans 10:12-14; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Timothy 2:22).
https://forums.carm.org/threads/paul-applies-yhwh-from-joel-3-5-lxx-unto-the-lord-jesus-in-romans-10-13.7415/
The Lord Jesus is to be "feared" in that He is God.

Notice the parallels in Nehemiah 9, Psalm 86, Jeremiah 10 and Revelation 15 concerning (1) the uniqueness of God coupled with the fact that (2) He is to be worshiped/feared.
1. Uniqueness
You are the LORD, you alone. (Nehemiah 9:6)
There is none like you among the gods, O Lord...You alone are God.
Yep, only one exclusively is YHWH, alone, not with others.

(Psalm 86:8, 10)
There is none like you, O LORD...The LORD is the true God. (Jeremiah 10:6, 10)
You alone are holy. (Revelation 15:4)
Even in Rev 15:4, Moses and the lamb are singing praise to God, not to Jesus.

2. Worship/Fear
The host of heaven worships you. (Nehemiah 9:6)
All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord...Unite my heart to fear your name. (Psalm 86:9, 11)
Who would not fear you, O King of the nations? (Jeremiah 10:7)
King of the nations! Who will not fear, O Lord...
Ok.

All nations will come and worship you. (Revelation 15:3-4)
Talking about God the Father. The lamb songs His praises.

In both Psalm 86 and Jeremiah 10 the worship of God is expressed by "calling" on the name of the Lord ("cried" to the Lord in Nehemiah 9:27-28).
Psalm 86:6-7
(6) Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer; listen to my plea for grace.
(7) In the day of my trouble I call upon you, for you answer me.
Jeremiah 10:25
Pour out your wrath on the nations that know you not, and on the peoples that call not on your name.
Worship uses a different term, sorry.

The uniqueness of God applies to the Lord Jesus in that worship is to be rendered unto Him by "calling" on His name (Acts 2:21; 7:59-60; 9:14, 21; 22:16; Romans 10:12-14; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Timothy 2:22).
https://forums.carm.org/threads/paul-applies-yhwh-from-joel-3-5-lxx-unto-the-lord-jesus-in-romans-10-13.7415/
The Lord Jesus is to be "feared" in that He is God.
Sorry, you fall way short. Jesus still has knees and a tongue.

Back