One in Heaven, no Trinity - Psalm 73:25

it repeats his title "LORD"... lol, lol, ... oh my, my, my.

so try again.

PICJAG, 101G.
Rotfl... the idiocy of your post. LORD is the English translation for the Hebrew proper name of God, YHWH.

The name is repeated 3 times from Numbers 6:24-26, as OpenHeart has stated.

Learn the differences between LORD, Lord, and lord.

The HS showed me through Scripture old and new that the Trinity(Father Son and Holy Spirit.) is true. Listened to a great teaching today on the Trinity through the Abrahamic Blessing in Numbers6;24-26. There is no denying that the Trinity exists.
BTW, if your trinity told you these verses are the Abrahamic blessings, there's no denying they made a mistake. ;)

This is so funny. Not such a perfect teacher after all. Must be a different spirit.

It repeats the name of God three times, three times referring to the same person. It is ridiculous to say that each time the same name is used, it is referring to a different person. Your argument is utterly irrational.
True, God the Father ,God the Son, And God the Holy Spirit. You must be Born again to understand the things of God. Its that simple.

I don't even think there are illusions. It's straightforward God is one and alone. He created that way.

Genesis 18-19 is a very good example in Old Testament Scripture that presents plurality (Triune Nature) within the 'Oneness' of God

Genesis 18:1-3, Tanakh, "And the LORD appeared unto him by the terebinths of Mamre, as he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 2 and he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood over against him; and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed down to the earth, 3 and said: ‘My lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant."

Genesis 18:16-22,
16 And the men rose up from thence, and looked out toward Sodom; and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. 17 And the LORD said: ‘Shall I hide from Abraham that which I am doing; 18 seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? 19 For I have known him, to the end that he may command his children and his household after him, that they may keep the way of the LORD, to do righteousness and justice; to the end that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which He hath spoken of him.’ 20 And the LORD said: ‘Verily, the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and, verily, their sin is exceeding grievous. 21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto Me; and if not, I will know.’ 22 And the men turned from thence, and went toward Sodom; but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.

Genesis 19:24-25,
24 Then the LORD caused to rain upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven; 25 and He overthrow those cities, and all the Plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.

God created unity and diversity, plurality within oneness (example the atom)

God created marriage in His Image, Genesis 2:24, two people are 'One Flesh, oneness but not sameness, unity and diversity

RCM

Last edited:
True, God the Father ,God the Son, And God the Holy Spirit. You must be Born again to understand the things of God. Its that simple.
Well, you've made several mistakes previously and again here. So much for the spirit guiding you.

Genesis 18-19 is a very good example in Old Testament Scripture that presents plurality (Triune Nature) within the 'Oneness' of God

Genesis 18:1-3, Tanakh, "And the LORD appeared unto him by the terebinths of Mamre, as he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 2 and he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood over against him; and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed down to the earth, 3 and said: ‘My lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant."

Genesis 18:16-22,
16 And the men rose up from thence, and looked out toward Sodom; and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. 17 And the LORD said: ‘Shall I hide from Abraham that which I am doing; 18 seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? 19 For I have known him, to the end that he may command his children and his household after him, that they may keep the way of the LORD, to do righteousness and justice; to the end that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which He hath spoken of him.’ 20 And the LORD said: ‘Verily, the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and, verily, their sin is exceeding grievous. 21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto Me; and if not, I will know.’ 22 And the men turned from thence, and went toward Sodom; but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.

24 Then the LORD caused to rain upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven; 25 and He overthrow those cities, and all the Plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.

God created unity and diversity, plurality within oneness (example the atom)

God created marriage in His Image, Genesis 2:24, two people are 'One Flesh, oneness but not sameness, unity and diversity

RCM
I'm sorry, where exactly is the Trinity in any of this?

I'm sorry, where exactly is the Trinity in any of this?

24 Then the LORD (on earth) caused to rain upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

The Use of the 'Compound One' in Hebrew

The evidence for unity of the Godhead in the Old Testament is in Deuteronomy 6:4; a very famous verse for Jewish people. Deuteronomy 6:4 is called the shʾma, and it is considered the essence of all forms of Judaism. That verse reads: Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one (echad) Jehovah.

This verse, more than any other, emphasizes the concept of a unity. Deuteronomy 6:4 is often used by Jewish people to teach against the plurality of the Godhead. But, if this verse is studied very carefully, it is evident that it is not teaching an absolute unity, but rather a compound unity. Rather than arguing against a plurality of the Godhead, Deuteronomy 6:4 actually supports the concept of plurality in the Godhead. To begin with, it should be pointed out that where it reads Jehovah our God the Hebrew word for God is plural, and literally reads, “our Gods.” But, the key word to focus attention on is the word one (echad).

Echad

The Hebrew word for one is echad. By comparing the usage of echad elsewhere in the Old Testament, it is clear that this word refers to a compound one, not an absolute one. For example, Genesis 1:5 states: And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

The combination of evening and morning comprised the unity of echad, or one day.

Another key passage is Genesis 2:24: Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

A man and a woman who come together in marriage are said to become one, echad, flesh. There are two personalities, a man and a woman, coming together in marriage, and the two become one. Obviously, they do not become an absolute one, for they retain their separate personalities; however, there is definitely a unity there.

Another example is Ezra 3:1, where the whole assembly of Israel was as one, echad. Although it was comprised of numerous individuals, they were all looked upon as one; obviously a united one.

Another example is Ezekiel 37:17, where Ezekiel is told to put two sticks together, and they are combined to become one, echad, stick. These examples of the usage of the word echad in the Hebrew text, which is the very same word used in Deuteronomy 6:4, show that it speaks of a compound unity, not an absolute unity.

Yachid

There is another Hebrew word, which does mean an absolute one: yachid. It is used in Genesis 22:2, where it emphasizes Isaac as Abraham’s only, unique son. So, if Moses had wanted to emphasize absolute oneness of God, he would have used the term yachid. But he did not use that term for the oneness of God. Deuteronomy 6:4 is, therefore, an argument in favor of the plurality of the Godhead and, at the same time, it teaches the unity of this plurality of the one God.

RCM

it repeats his title "LORD"... lol, lol, ... oh my, my, my.

so try again.

PICJAG, 101G.
LORD in all caps is not a title. It is a name. The name is spelled yad hey vav hey, and Christians often transliterate it into English as YHWH. It certainly doesn't mean Lord. However, when translating it into English, Christians at least have the decency to show some reverence for the divine name, and so they use LORD in all caps rather than to treat the name casually.

24 Then the LORD (on earth) caused to rain upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;
Why did you add your opinion in v24?

The Use of the 'Compound One' in Hebrew

The evidence for unity of the Godhead in the Old Testament is in Deuteronomy 6:4; a very famous verse for Jewish people. Deuteronomy 6:4 is called the shʾma, and it is considered the essence of all forms of Judaism. That verse reads: Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one (echad) Jehovah.
No, not a compound unity. Eccl 4;9,11-12, shows echad to be exclusively one, alone.

Deut 6:6 shows God commanded as "I", a singular being.

This verse, more than any other, emphasizes the concept of a unity. Deuteronomy 6:4 is often used by Jewish people to teach against the plurality of the Godhead. But, if this verse is studied very carefully, it is evident that it is not teaching an absolute unity, but rather a compound unity. Rather than arguing against a plurality of the Godhead, Deuteronomy 6:4 actually supports the concept of plurality in the Godhead. To begin with, it should be pointed out that where it reads Jehovah our God the Hebrew word for God is plural, and literally reads, “our Gods.” But, the key word to focus attention on is the word one (echad).
If elo-him were literally gods, it would be translated that way.

Echad

The Hebrew word for one is echad. By comparing the usage of echad elsewhere in the Old Testament, it is clear that this word refers to a compound one, not an absolute one.
I proved this false above.

For example, Genesis 1:5 states: And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

The combination of evening and morning comprised the unity of echad, or one day.

Another key passage is Genesis 2:24: Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

A man and a woman who come together in marriage are said to become one, echad, flesh. There are two personalities, a man and a woman, coming together in marriage, and the two become one. Obviously, they do not become an absolute one, for they retain their separate personalities; however, there is definitely a unity there.
They become one person in one child.

Another example is Ezra 3:1, where the whole assembly of Israel was as one, echad. Although it was comprised of numerous individuals, they were all looked upon as one; obviously a united one.

Another example is Ezekiel 37:17, where Ezekiel is told to put two sticks together, and they are combined to become one, echad, stick. These examples of the usage of the word echad in the Hebrew text, which is the very same word used in Deuteronomy 6:4, show that it speaks of a compound unity, not an absolute unity.
As I said, Eccl 4:9,11-12, prove this idea false. Don't forget that another way of expressing exclusively one, or alone, is the Hebrew term alone, bad. This term is only used in its singular form with respect to God, dismissing the notion God is alone as a plurality in a godhead.

Yachid

There is another Hebrew word, which does mean an absolute one: yachid. It is used in Genesis 22:2, where it emphasizes Isaac as Abraham’s only, unique son.
It means the preferred son. Isaac wasn't his only son.

What's interesting is that the Hebrew roots for echad and yachid can be used for one or a unity.

We see the root for yachid used as a unity in Genesis 22:6, where Abraham and Isaac go together.

So, you're bebunked here.

So, if Moses had wanted to emphasize absolute oneness of God, he would have used the term yachid. But he did not use that term for the oneness of God. Deuteronomy 6:4 is, therefore, an argument in favor of the plurality of the Godhead and, at the same time, it teaches the unity of this plurality of the one God.
Echad does mean one in the Shema. Even the proper name of God, YHWH, is a singular name, https://biblehub.com/text/deuteronomy/6-4.htm.

Don't copy and paste what you don't know.

RCM said,

Why did you add your opinion in v24?

To emphasize what the Hebrew grammatical structure clearly indicates

There is plurality within the 'Oneness' of God

The Lord appeared to Abraham, there were three persons

The Lord told Abraham that He was going down to Sodom to see and two of the men left, but the next sentence states that Abraham still stood before the Lord, explain this to me

Then in Chapter 19 it states that the LORD rained down upon Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven

RCM

Last edited:
RCM said,

You're still adding your own opinion.

To emphasize what the Hebrew grammatical structure clearly indicates
Which is what?

There is plurality within the 'Oneness' of God
One is alone, Eccl 4:9,11-12, masculine singular in the shema and these verses.

The Lord appeared to Abraham, there were three persons
Appeared is singular in Gen 18:1. The men were 3 angels.

The Lord told Abraham that He was going down to Sodom to see
Genesis 18:21 is singular not plural.

and two of the men left, but the next sentence states that Abraham still stood before the Lord, explain this to me
And the verse above shows God hadn't gone down yet.

When you pray, is God standing next to you, or are you praying before Him?

In Hebrew, a shaliach represents who sent him. An angel represents God. In fact a malach, angel, represents the Melech, King. Same Hebrew shoresh, root.

Last edited:
No, not a compound unity. Eccl 4;9,11-12, shows echad to be exclusively one, alone.

Ok, acknowledged, so you have a rare instance

However, the multiple examples cited for you prove that echad more often refers to a compound one

If elo-him were literally gods, it would be translated that way.

Sorry, you know better than that! This is a grammatical issue that has bothered Jewish Scholars forever, that the plural of Elohim is accompanied by a singular verb when used in reference to 'Yahweh'

They become one person in one child.

That is not what the Hebrew text states in Genesis 2:24 and you know it!

It means the preferred son. Isaac wasn't his only son.

Isaac was his only son with Sarah? No? The Hebrew is used in reference to Isaac!

Echad does mean one in the Shema. Even the proper name of God, YHWH, is a singular name, https://biblehub.com/text/deuteronomy/6-4.htm.

Echad is more often used representing a compound one, and since you have the plural 'Elohim' in the Shema with a singular verb, it indicates plurality within the 'Oneness' of God, especially when you take into account the theology of Psalm 2 and Proverbs 30:4

RCM

Ok, acknowledged, so you have a rare instance
No, those were 3 examples.

However, the multiple examples cited for you prove that echad more often refers to a compound one
Context. And in the Shema, Deut 6:4-6, it shows God is one, alone, I.

Sorry, you know better than that! This is a grammatical issue that has bothered Jewish Scholars forever, that the plural of Elohim is accompanied by a singular verb when used in reference to 'Yahweh'
Not at all. The singular name YHWH resolves any ambiguity. Verb forms do that too.

That is not what the Hebrew text states in Genesis 2:24 and you know it!
One flesh can't be the couple as they are still two. A child is one.

Isaac was his only son with Sarah?
Yes.

No? The Hebrew is used in reference to Isaac!
Still, Abraham had more than one son.

Echad is more often used representing a compound one, and since you have the plural 'Elohim' in the Shema with a singular verb, it indicates plurality within the
Rotfl... a singular verb with elohim indicates the noun is singular. It's basic grammar.

'Oneness' of God, especially when you take into account the theology of Psalm 2 and Proverbs 30:4
Really? So, you're jumping around now? Rotfl...

How do you think Psalm and Proverbs 30:4 help you?

Last edited:
One flesh can't be the couple as they are still two. A child is one.

You are not the arbiter of what Scripture means, Scripture is, and the Hebrew in Genesis 2:24 is explicitly defining the union of a man and woman in marriage, and that the two become 'one flesh'

RCM

Last edited:
Rotfl... a singular verb with elohim indicates the noun is singular. It's basic grammar.

Find me a Hebrew scholar that states 'Elohim' is not a plural noun

The rules of Hebrew grammar require that the verb must agree with the noun in both gender and number.

You have to ask yourself, why did God inspire Moses to write this way?

RCM

How do you think Psalm 2 and Proverbs 30:4 help you?

Psalm 2:1-7
1 Why are the nations in an uproar And the peoples devising a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth take their stand And the rulers take counsel together Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,
3 "Let us tear their fetters apart And cast away their cords from us!"
4 He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them.
5 Then He will speak to them in His anger And terrify them in His fury, saying,
6 "But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain."
7 "I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

Psalm 2 declares that Yahweh has a begotten Son, meaning they both have the same nature

The LORD'S Anointed (Messiah) is His Son, and His Son is the King of Israel

In Genesis 19:24 you have two personages, both with the name of 'Yahweh'

Psalm 2 reveals a plurality within the 'Oneness' of God (Just like the plurality within the 'one flesh' of Genesis 2:24)

RCM

Back