One of many Mormon misinformation's

The Prophet

rWq1iRt.jpg

Six years ago, it’s probably gone up quite a bit since then. And there are a lot of other perks, like free college tuition for their kids.

That’s what they should call it, then. Then the Mormons would have no criticism.
Just like Trump calls his rallys “peaceful protests” ;)
you have a point, Theo. :) Same difference, eh? A distinction without any difference....

Last edited:
Six years ago, it’s probably gone up quite a bit since then. And there are a lot of other perks, like free college tuition for their kids.
That's true. I think I remember reading about other perks, like free cars and vacations, but not sure I am remembering correctly.

Interesting...we discussed some of this last year and earlier this year on the thread "Will the LDS Church lose its tax-free status?"

But the reason behind its secrecy is rather interesting, and dates back to the late 1800's, if this account is accurate.

Until the late 19th century, the Mormon church was generally forthright and open about its finances. It published most of its financial affairs and no one had any reason to question what it was doing, because it was mostly out there for everyone to see. And so, when the United States Congress decided to liquidate the Mormon church as a criminal enterprise during the finality of the polygamy persecutions, due to its failure to comply with the Edmunds-Tucker Act, it wasn't hard to identify the church's assets.

In the case of Late Corporation Of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints versus United States, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled it was legal and justified to extinguish the church corporation and seize its assets. And it wasn't hard for the federal government to do it. All the church's financial affairs were all hanging out. It was easy to find and seize everything the church owned - the Utah Territorial government was ordered by congress to do so, including all temples and wardhouses (which the Territory somehow never got around to actually seizing).
I note this in this article:

A YouTube video produced by the whistleblower went on to note that EPA had been the beneficiary of at least $20 billion in tax exemptions over the years, tax exemptions to which it was not entitled under the law, given its total lack of charitable activity. This sort of thing has not been uncommon - the church has co-mingled the receipts from its for-profit corporations so frequently and extensively with its legitimately tax exempt ecclesiastical operations, that its tax exempt status itself is now open to question under a reasonable interpretation of IRS rules.

Last edited:
Interesting...we discussed some of this last year and earlier this year on the thread "Will the LDS Church lose its tax-free status?"

But the reason behind its secrecy is rather interesting, and dates back to the late 1800's, if this account is accurate.

I note this in this article:
03CHiQK.jpg

:):) Why do Mormons tell us God is eternal and fail to mention tadpoles are too :):)

"Man and all forms of life existed as spirit beings and entities before the foundations of this earth were laid. There were spirit men and spirit beasts, spirit fowls and spirit fishes, spirit plants and spirit trees. Every creeping thing, every herb and shrub, every amoeba and tadpole, every elephant and dinosaur—all things—existed as spirits, as spirit beings, before they were placed naturally upon the earth” (The Millennial Messiah, 642–43).

Well the Church has in it's investments, properties and temples way over 160 billion dollars... and they collect how much each?
120.000.00! oh my, they sure don't rob the bank in such away they are just rolling in money.... you guys sound so silly when you do the comparisons of equity, investments, property etc. So why only $120,000.00... chuckle.

Well the Church has in it's investments, properties and temples way over 160 billion dollars... and they collect how much each?
120.000.00! oh my, they sure don't rob the bank in such away they are just rolling in money.... you guys sound so silly when you do the comparisons of equity, investments, property etc. So why only $120,000.00... chuckle.
Because of the Mormon leaders teaching no paid ministry

The true church must have no paid ministry.​

Mormons who believe their leaders are not paid are very misinformed. All the General Authorities in Salt Lake City receive remuneration for their services to the church and from the church. If they don’t believe it, they should call the LDS Church headquarters and ask. A paid ministry is not unbiblical. The entire Old Testament speaks of a paid ministry as well as I Corinthians chapter 9.

:):) Why do Mormons tell us God is eternal and fail to mention tadpoles are too :):)

"Man and all forms of life existed as spirit beings and entities before the foundations of this earth were laid. There were spirit men and spirit beasts, spirit fowls and spirit fishes, spirit plants and spirit trees. Every creeping thing, every herb and shrub, every amoeba and tadpole, every elephant and dinosaur—all things—existed as spirits, as spirit beings, before they were placed naturally upon the earth” (The Millennial Messiah, 642–43).
Doctrine and Covenants 132
20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue;
then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

The Mormons are known for their holy holdings in the US. Commonly titled as the “Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,” the Mormons have business investments in radio stations, insurance businesses, cattle ranches, amongst many others. In early 2021, the church’s largest investment fund in Lake City expanded by $2.4 billion. In the meanwhile, the total value was calculated to be $46.5 billion.

Because of the Mormon leaders teaching no paid ministry

The true church must have no paid ministry.​

Mormons who believe their leaders are not paid are very misinformed. All the General Authorities in Salt Lake City receive remuneration for their services to the church and from the church. If they don’t believe it, they should call the LDS Church headquarters and ask. A paid ministry is not unbiblical. The entire Old Testament speaks of a paid ministry as well as I Corinthians chapter 9.
They aren't a paid ministry... they hold executive positions in the Corp Temporal Affairs to the church... there is a difference if you has just asked..

The Lord directed that general Church leaders should be supported financially by the Church​

When instituting the law of the Church, the Lord directed that the general Church leaders responsible for handling the temporal affairs of the Church should be compensated for their service:

And the elders or high priests who are appointed to assist the bishop as counselors in all things, are to have their families supported out of the property which is consecrated to the bishop, for the good of the poor, and for other purposes, as before mentioned; or they are to receive a just remuneration for all their services, either a stewardship or otherwise, as may be thought best or decided by the counselors and bishop. And the bishop, also, shall receive his support, or a just remuneration for all his services in the church.
The Lord also directed that the compensation be sufficient to care for the leaders' families:

Let the bishop appoint a storehouse unto this church; and let all things both in money and in meat, which are more than is needful for the wants of this people, be kept in the hands of the bishop. And let him also reserve unto himself for his own wants, and for the wants of his family, as he shall be employed in doing this business.

They aren't a paid ministry... they hold executive positions in the Corp Temporal Affairs to the church... there is a difference if you has just asked..

The Lord directed that general Church leaders should be supported financially by the Church​

When instituting the law of the Church, the Lord directed that the general Church leaders responsible for handling the temporal affairs of the Church should be compensated for their service:

The Lord also directed that the compensation be sufficient to care for the leaders' families:

Semantics. Have your cake and eat it too. No paid "ministry" but serve (minister) in the corporation and get paid. I don't care if they get paid. Just be honest about it. Maybe have a new revelation.

Semantics. Have your cake and eat it too. No paid "ministry" but serve (minister) in the corporation and get paid. I don't care if they get paid. Just be honest about it. Maybe have a new revelation.
Not semantics... the corporate leadership has other duties that have nothing to do with the spiritual teachings they give. So you have paid corp. executives and then you have the Spiritual Leadership... show me they get paid for preaching the gospel..

Back