One Spirit

We are one body and as scripture says, "that all of you should be in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you should be united in the same mind and the same purpose."
In other words, we are all on here supposed to leave our respective church bodies and join the RCC....right? Even though we vehemently disagree with much of what it teaches, like the following:

1. 4 Marian dogmas
2. Mariolatry and all it entails.
3. Praying to saints dead in the Lord, as one would to God
4. Indulgences
5. Celibate, unmarried priesthood
6. Purgatory
7. Salvation by grace through faith in Jesus plus our good works
8. Being subject to the pope is necessary for salvation

None of us non-RCCers on here believes in these things....so, if unity is so all-fired important to you and other Catholics....then by golly, you all need to leave YOUR church and come on over to the LCMS, where we can all be united in the true teachings of the Bible...! :)

Where is your faith? Scripture tells us that with God all things are possible, right?
sure: someday the CC will admit their errors

from faithful, knowledgeable, Church-loving, Catholic Author Peter Kreeft
"How do I resolve the Reformation?​
Is it faith alone that justifies, or is it faith and works?
Very simple. No tricks.​
On this issue I believe Luther was simply right; and this issue is absolutely crucial.​
As a Catholic I feel guilt for the tragedy of Christian disunity because the church in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries was failing to preach the gospel.
Whatever theological mistakes Luther made, whatever indispensable truths about the Church he denied, here is an indispensable truth he affirmed — indispensable to union between all sinners and God and union between God’s separated Catholic and Protestant children."​
end quote

As a Catholic do you feel guilty for for the tragedy of Christian disunity?

So how can you say

If that term is not even Scriptural? Jesus is speaking of UNITY.

More Protestant made up stuff.
Unity not with those who follow wolves and false teachers who ignore most of scripture and misuse other large portions of scripture. Who have co redeemer, co mediatrix, who think salvation is through Jesus and His minions. Unity with the RCC is impossible for real believers who want to only follow Jesus.

What does the bus represent? Jesus?
If Joe, Sally, Mike, Tom and Karen are of different Protestant denominations, they are on different buses.
And those buses aren't going anywhere.
They need to be on the Barque of Peter.
Which RCs aren't, they are on the barque of Satan, the deceiver, sailing onto the rocks.

dingoling. said:
Where is your faith? Scripture tells us that with God all things are possible, right?
==================================

never gonna happen;

Is.47:​
that sayest in thine heart,​
I am, and none else beside me;​
Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators,​
stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.​

Does all mean all or does all mean somethings? What does the all mean in that verse.

Matt 19

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

God would never have us join the RCC, that would be against following Jesus and that is what we are meant to do.

==================================

never gonna happen;

Is.47:​
that sayest in thine heart,​
I am, and none else beside me;​
Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators,​
stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.​
I think they will know they are in error on the day of judgement. That will be a sad day for them.

I was thinking there was some potion that was going to unite us in Christ. That is a Catholic thing - it is called the Eucharist. lol.

We are one body and as scripture says, "that all of you should be in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you should be united in the same mind and the same purpose."
Oh potion like what witches use. Yep maybe that is how you see the host.

Christians are divided over this issue. Your beliefs are not the same as other Christians.
Christians are divided but it's non-essential. And I know many, many followers of the Way that believe the same as me. Rc's are the outliers.
Do you get off that easy?
Incapable of answering so deflect. Typical ding.
John tells us, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming; and now it is already in the world."
Anyone can quote Bible verses...

That is a terrible thing to say of the Church that Jesus established.
Not a problem at all. I didn't say it about the church Jesus established, Jesus has nothing to do with your evil institution. He has nothing to do with an institution that lies, teaches false doctrines, ignores most of scritpurres, allows children in particular to be harmed and then justifies the evil, tolerates sexually immoral leaders, has a history of harming those made in God's image, is greedy and the list goes on. So no your institution is clearly not established by Jesus except in the minds of RCs.

We are to summit to the one Jesus gave authority to.
He never gave authority to evil men which your leaders are, we are not told to blindly follow we are told to test the spirits.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Your leaders fail the test.

He never gave authority to evil men which your leaders are, we are not told to blindly follow we are told to test the spirits.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Your leaders fail the test.
Well I don't agree with you. Jesus did give authority to the Pope/Magisterium.

Well I don't agree with you. Jesus did give authority to the Pope/Magisterium.
No using the actual words of scripture as you like to say in your claims about the bread and wine, where does he say that he gives his authority to those who are sexually immoral, who condone murder, torture, forced conversions, allow false doctrines to be taught. Just one verse to support your false claim. The RCC is not in scripture Jesus would never establish an institution that would harm children in particular or harm the flock and your institution has done that for centuries.

No using the actual words of scripture as you like to say in your claims about the bread and wine, where does he say that he gives his authority to those who are sexually immoral, who condone murder, torture, forced conversions, allow false doctrines to be taught. Just one verse to support your false claim. The RCC is not in scripture Jesus would never establish an institution that would harm children in particular or harm the flock and your institution has done that for centuries.
Under the OC Jesus said:

Matthew 23:2-3, "“The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses’ seat; therefore, do whatever they teach you and follow it; but do not do as they do, for they do not practice what they teach."

The scribes and Pharisees were not the ideal people in authority and yet Jesus still told the disciples to do whatever they teach and follow it.

Back