Oneness is a 1st century dominant belief of early Christians.

Binitarianism among the Jews is much older. They struggled with verses like Genesis 19:24 and Elohim revealing Himself in plural form from the very beginning in Genesis 1:1.

Genesis 19:24
Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

I'm a Trinitarian because that's how God revealed Himself to us in Scripture. Know thy God and His Word before you know church politics and history.

It only requires basic reading comprehension.

Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom.... for WE are about to destroy this place, because their outcry has become so great before the Lord that the Lord has sent us to destroy it.” 14 Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were to marry his daughters, and said, “Up, get out of this place, for the Lord will destroy the city.... the Lord rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven

Regarding who Lot is speaking to and the singular vs. plural at 19:18 will also help.

No, the ancient Jews didn't struggle with it because the facts are obvious.

Christ's Catholic Church

Proving to you 100% --in their pictures of Jesus with long hair they have him bringing dishonor to his Fathers name- 1Cor 11:14-- He would never do that, proving they do not know him.
Matthew 23:9--Do not call any man Father on the earth.) This wasnt talking about a Dad it is talking about those in the clergy positions. Again cannot even understand simple bible milk.
The OT condemns-statues, icons, graven images--Yet the churches and homes are filled with all 3.

You might want to rethink your position.
As well in ww2 they killed catholics standing on the allied side for a man named Hitler. It takes throwing Jesus away to accomplish that.

Matthew 23:9--Do not call any man Father on the earth.) This wasn't talking about a Dad it is talking about those in the clergy positions.
or teacher[verse 8]...have you ever called anyone a teacher? :rolleyes:

1Thess 2:11 As you know, we treated each one of you as a father treats his children,

1 Cor 4:15 Even if you should have countless guides to Christ, yet you do not have many fathers, for I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

1 Jn 2:13-14 I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning.

I am writing to you, young men, because you have conquered the evil one.

I write to you, children, because you know the Father.

I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning.

I write to you, young men, because you are strong and the word of God remains in you, and you have conquered the evil one.​

Job 29:16 I was a father to the poor; the complaint of the stranger I pursued

Gen 45:8 So it was not really you but God who had me come here; and he has made me a father to Pharaoh, lord of all his household, and ruler over the whole land of Egypt.

2 Kg 2:12 and Elisha saw it happen. He cried out, “My father! my father! Israel’s chariot and steeds!” Then he saw him no longer.

2 Kg 6:21 When the king of Israel saw them, he asked, “Shall I kill them, my father? Shall I kill them?”

Rom 9:10 And not only that, but also when Rebecca had conceived children by one husband, our father Isaac

Acts 7:2
And he replied, “My brothers and fathers, listen. The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham while he was in Mesopotamia, before he had settled in Haran

Acts 7:2-53 (Saint Stephen says father 17 times)

Teacher...

James 3:1
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you realize that we will be judged more strictly,

Eph 4:11
And he gave some as apostles, others as prophets, others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers

The OT condemns-statues, icons, graven images--Yet the churches and homes are filled with all 3.
Ex 25:18-22 Make two cherubim of beaten gold for the two ends of the cover; make one cherub at one end, and the other at the other end, of one piece with the cover, at each end. The cherubim shall have their wings spread out above, sheltering the cover with them; they shall face each other, with their faces looking toward the cover. This cover you shall then place on top of the ark. In the ark itself you are to put the covenant which I will give you. There I will meet you and there, from above the cover, between the two cherubim on the ark of the covenant, I will tell you all that I command you regarding the Israelites.

Ex 37:7-9 Two cherubim of beaten gold were made for the two ends of the cover; one cherub was at one end, the other at the other end, made of one piece with the cover, at each end. The cherubim had their wings spread out above, sheltering the cover. They faced each other, with their faces looking toward the cover.

Numbers 21:8-9 and the LORD said to Moses: Make a seraph and mount it on a pole, and everyone who has been bitten will look at it and recover. Accordingly Moses made a bronze serpent and mounted it on a pole, and whenever the serpent bit someone, the person looked at the bronze serpent and recovered.
You might want to rethink your position.
Yes, you should ?

or teacher[verse 8]...have you ever called anyone a teacher? :rolleyes:

1Thess 2:11 As you know, we treated each one of you as a father treats his children,

1 Cor 4:15 Even if you should have countless guides to Christ, yet you do not have many fathers, for I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

1 Jn 2:13-14 I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning.

I write to you, young men, because you are strong and the word of God remains in you, and you have conquered the evil one.​

Gen 45:8 So it was not really you but God who had me come here; and he has made me a father to Pharaoh, lord of all his household, and ruler over the whole land of Egypt.

2 Kg 2:12 and Elisha saw it happen. He cried out, “My father! my father! Israel’s chariot and steeds!” Then he saw him no longer.

2 Kg 6:21 When the king of Israel saw them, he asked, “Shall I kill them, my father? Shall I kill them?”

Rom 9:10 And not only that, but also when Rebecca had conceived children by one husband, our father Isaac

And he replied, “My brothers and fathers, listen. The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham while he was in Mesopotamia, before he had settled in Haran

Teacher...

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you realize that we will be judged more strictly,

And he gave some as apostles, others as prophets, others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers

Ex 25:18-22
Make two cherubim of beaten gold for the two ends of the cover; make one cherub at one end, and the other at the other end, of one piece with the cover, at each end. The cherubim shall have their wings spread out above, sheltering the cover with them; they shall face each other, with their faces looking toward the cover. This cover you shall then place on top of the ark. In the ark itself you are to put the covenant which I will give you. There I will meet you and there, from above the cover, between the two cherubim on the ark of the covenant, I will tell you all that I command you regarding the Israelites.

Ex 37:7-9 Two cherubim of beaten gold were made for the two ends of the cover; one cherub was at one end, the other at the other end, made of one piece with the cover, at each end. The cherubim had their wings spread out above, sheltering the cover. They faced each other, with their faces looking toward the cover.

Numbers 21:8-9 and the LORD said to Moses: Make a seraph and mount it on a pole, and everyone who has been bitten will look at it and recover. Accordingly Moses made a bronze serpent and mounted it on a pole, and whenever the serpent bit someone, the person looked at the bronze serpent and recovered.

Yes, you should ?

My position is correct. That was Gods arc, God ordered those things back then, They did not bow to them or kiss them. like they do today.-- Paul was using the term father in a different aspect, not what you are thinking.

Then you would be Catholic.... One Church, one faith... the pillar and foundation of truth.
They cant even understand simple bible milk after 1700 years.
1Cor 11:14-Its a dishonor for a male to have long hair), yet in their pictures they have Jesus with long hair bringing dishonor to his Fathers name. We know he would never do that.
Matt 23:9--Do not call any man on earth Father--not to a Dad but to a spiritual teacher-- simple bible milk-- clergy are called Father-The Pope elevates himself into Gods position-Holy Father. how sad.
The bible condemns the usage of statues, icons and graven images-yet their churches and homes are filled with all 3.-- just those 3 things proves they live in darkness.

Then you would be Catholic.... One Church, one faith... the pillar and foundation of truth.

There are many books of how catholicism corrupted Gods word through the centuries. How about when they burned men alive for possessing a bible, or translating it to the language of the day? Burning women alive as witches because they knew how to use herbs and stuff to cure? Or teaching that the earth was not flat when Even the OT says it is a sphere or circle. Pure darkness achieved those things.

Matt 23:9--Do not call any man on earth Father--not to a Dad but to a spiritual teacher-- simple bible milk-- clergy are called Father-The Pope elevates himself into Gods position-Holy Father. how sad.
You must have forgotten to read my post [#24]....

I write to you, young men, because you are strong and the word of God remains in you, and you have conquered the evil one.

Teacher...

The bible condemns the usage of statues, icons and graven images-yet their churches and homes are filled with all 3.-- just those 3 things proves they live in darkness.
Ex 25:18-22 Make two cherubim of beaten gold for the two ends of the cover; make one cherub at one end, and the other at the other end, of one piece with the cover, at each end. The cherubim shall have their wings spread out above, sheltering the cover with them; they shall face each other, with their faces looking toward the cover. This cover you shall then place on top of the ark. In the ark itself you are to put the covenant which I will give you. There I will meet you and there, from above the cover, between the two cherubim on the ark of the covenant, I will tell you all that I command you regarding the Israelites.

There are many books of how catholicism corrupted Gods word through the centuries.
written by man ...
Isaiah 44:18 They do not know, do not understand;

their eyes are too clouded to see,

their minds, to perceive.
--- Mt 12:36 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will render an account for every careless word they speak.

Mt 7:15Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves.

Eph 4:14 so that we may no longer be infants, tossed by waves and swept along by every wind of teaching arising from human trickery, from their cunning in the interests of deceitful scheming.

You must have forgotten to read my post [#24]....

I write to you, young men, because you are strong and the word of God remains in you, and you have conquered the evil one.

Teacher...

Ex 25:18-22
Make two cherubim of beaten gold for the two ends of the cover; make one cherub at one end, and the other at the other end, of one piece with the cover, at each end. The cherubim shall have their wings spread out above, sheltering the cover with them; they shall face each other, with their faces looking toward the cover. This cover you shall then place on top of the ark. In the ark itself you are to put the covenant which I will give you. There I will meet you and there, from above the cover, between the two cherubim on the ark of the covenant, I will tell you all that I command you regarding the Israelites.

You can twist it any way you want. i showed you truth.

Reactions: Mik
written by man ...
Isaiah 44:18 They do not know, do not understand;

their eyes are too clouded to see,

their minds, to perceive.
--- Mt 12:36 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will render an account for every careless word they speak.

Mt 7:15Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves.

Eph 4:14 so that we may no longer be infants, tossed by waves and swept along by every wind of teaching arising from human trickery, from their cunning in the interests of deceitful scheming.
Yes they will. And the bible assures all being lead by babylon the great( worldwide false religion) will be held accountable for all her sins. Catholicism bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens-crusades, inquisition, burning people alive for heresy, the rev war, the civil war, ww1, ww2.--Jesus teaches-love, peace, and unity. mortal govts and blind guides teach kill.

You have fallen for man-made teachings of deceit.
My post 32 is 100% accurate-- not the Jesus of the bible-its you being deceived. Your religion also taught the earth was flat for centuries in their darkness. In The Ot it teaches the earth is a sphere( circle). Isaiah 40:22. Jesus would puke over all the death caused by your religion through the centuries.

not the Jesus of the bible-its you being deceived. Your religion
Michael is not Christ...
“To which of the angels did God ever say, ‘You are my son? . . . Let all the angels of God worship him. . . . to which of the angels has he ever said ‘Sit at my right hand . . . ’” (Heb. 1). Here, the author of Hebrews separates Jesus from angels, and commands the angels to worship him (cf. Rev. 5:13-14,14:6-7).

Michael is not Christ...
“To which of the angels did God ever say, ‘You are my son? . . . Let all the angels of God worship him. . . . to which of the angels has he ever said ‘Sit at my right hand . . . ’” (Heb. 1). Here, the author of Hebrews separates Jesus from angels, and commands the angels to worship him (cf. Rev. 5:13-14,14:6-7).
The greek wordrendered worship has 5 meanings, obesiance to a king is why they bow to Jesus. Jesus was a mortal when God called him son at his baptism.

The greek wordrendered worship has 5 meanings, obesiance to a king is why they bow to Jesus. Jesus was a mortal when God called him son at his baptism.
John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” not your version -- “And the word was a god.”

Deuteronomy 32:39 “I alone, am God and there are no gods together with me.”

Exodus 20:3, “Have no other gods besides me,”

Isaiah 43:10 “Before me no god was formed nor shall there be any after me.”

John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” not your version -- “And the word was a god.”

Deuteronomy 32:39 “I alone, am God and there are no gods together with me.”

Exodus 20:3, “Have no other gods besides me,”

Isaiah 43:10 “Before me no god was formed nor shall there be any after me.”

YHWH said those things in the OT. Yes see - i alone -singular, not we alone.

Back