Only God is Good !

praise_yeshua

Those words he said was that someone other than himself was God and that only that someone else is good....

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
The man called Jesus good. Jesus asked him why he said it with......."None is good", save one, that is, God.

The latter being what the man had been taught. It is an rhetorical expression. The logical conclusion is understood. If he called Him good, then He must be recognizing His Divinity.

Gary Mac

You are 100% Wrong because even God the Father called that Son ( Jesus Christ ) of His " Oh God " in Hebrews 1:8! Jesus Christ being the ONLY begotten Son ( God the Son, the former Word in John 1:1 who became FLESH as the God-Man Jesus in John 1:14 ) of God ( as per John 1:18 ) is exactly why ALL things could get CREATED through and by Him ( the WORD - God the Son ) as per God's say so in John 1:3 and also again in Col.1:16!
As stated only wrong to one who has not received from God as Jesus did to be identified with Him as Jesus was identified with Him.

rod.ney

As stated only wrong to one who has not received from God as Jesus did to be identified with Him as Jesus was identified with Him.
Jesus is God the Son as per God the Father's say so in Heb.1:8! That is EXACLY why all things did in FACT get created THROUGH and BY Him ( God the Word in John 1:1, with God, who became Jesus Christ in John 1:14 ) as per GOD's say so in John 1:3 and in Col.1:16! Case closed Gary because you can NEVER refute God's say so in His INSPIRED ( by the Holy Spirt ) scriptures that I posted!

Truther

The man called Jesus good. Jesus asked him why he said it with......."None is good", save one, that is, God.

The latter being what the man had been taught. It is an rhetorical expression. The logical conclusion is understood. If he called Him good, then He must be recognizing His Divinity.
No, he called him "good teacher(master)", not, "good God".

Gary Mac

You believe that you're actually Jesus. Being "like" Him doesn't mean to be "EXACTLY" like Him. You don't have the power He has. You don't have the position Jesus has and you never will.
No you falsely accuse me of being Jesus. But I do understand that you do not believe what Jesus commanded of you to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect to have in you the same father he had in himself as he prayed to his God for you to have in John 17, and that you do not believe to have the same Same Spirit of God in you, same mind to walk as He walks in it. If you are different from that what Jesus said you would be if then it isnt I who does not follow his way to walk in it.
"like" means similar. You'll have a hard time even meeting that requirement. The ONLY way you'll meet that requirement is with Divine Help. Not in and of yourself. You do not possess those innate/intrinsic qualities.
I had no problem at all meeting Gods requirement to have the same Spirit in me who was in Christ Jesus. And in that His divine nature is imputed to me by His same Spirit be my own mind as He demands of me which is not of myself but is of Himself. Seems you are struggling with Having His same disposition by His SPirit be your own and are of self instead?

Gary Mac

You are 100% Wrong because even God the Father called that Son ( Jesus Christ ) of His " Oh God " in Hebrews 1:8! Jesus Christ being the ONLY begotten Son ( God the Son, the former Word in John 1:1 who became FLESH as the God-Man Jesus in John 1:14 ) of God ( as per John 1:18 ) is exactly why ALL things could get CREATED through and by Him ( the WORD - God the Son ) as per God's say so in John 1:3 and also again in Col.1:16!
Yes He does call me His son and demands of His son to obey Him in His ways.

He doesnt call you His son does He ! For you His way is for someone else just as you have stated over and over it is not about you at all. I dont know why you even bother with Him for as you say it is for someone else and no way that you can walk as He walks in His ways. .

Gary Mac

Thats what I said, His way to follow him in his way is always wrong for the religious mind who worship leash as a god instead of the God of SPirit who was in Christ Jesus. Who do you think the God is that Jesus prayed to and obeyed and said sent him to show you His way? You dont know do you that is very obvious.

civic

Thats what I said, His way to follow him in his way is always wrong for the religious mind who worship leash as a god instead of the God of SPirit who was in Christ Jesus. Who do you think the God is that Jesus prayed to and obeyed and said sent him to show you His way? You dont know do you that is very obvious.
are you Good ?

Jesus said only God is Good !

civic

His Spirit in me to have His same disposition is. Only Love is good and God is Love and He in me and I in Him are one.
that was a yes or no question lets try this again

Jesus said: only God is Good !

are you Good ? yes or no

Gary Mac

You are assuming to be in a certain condition that you never have been in in Christ as Jesus was in Christ, anointed of God by His Spirit.

Gary Mac

Those words he said was that someone other than himself was God and that only that someone else is good....

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
Yes And God is not someone but is Spirit and resides in all who will receive Him as their own disposition as Jesus did.

Gary Mac

that was a yes or no question lets try this again

Jesus said: only God is Good !

are you Good ? yes or no
Absolutely, one cannot be of God and not be, there is only one Spirit that is Good and that Spirit is Love, for God is that Spirit and I am the temple of Him. If you are unable to be of His Love as your own disposition then I can see how you would misinterpret what it is to be Good by having the One who is. Why do you think Jesus commanded you to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. His perfection defiantly is good whether you think so or not. To be without is why you cant relate to His perfections

Are you good -- Yes or no?

Gary Mac

God is Good that is why I have chosen Him and He has chosen me to be my Spirit, my mind, my disposition, His perfections as my own. Love really is a Good thing to have. One cant be good without it.

Bonnie

Amen brother !

Over the years its been my experience that some do not think Jesus is Good in the above passage in the gospels but only the Father is good.
I have also seen a Mormon try to use these verses from Matthew 19 to attempt to prove that we must keep the commandments in order to be saved. But what Jesus was showing the rich young ruler was that he was NOT keeping all of the commandments at all, despite his assertion that he had. Rather than argue with him, Jesus told him to "sell all that you have, give it to the poor, and follow Me." The rich young man went away sorrowfully, choosing wealth over Jesus Christ--thus Jesus showed him that he had NOT kept the commandments at all, and had instead, broken the very first one--putting wealth before God and making wealth his god.

Here is an interesting video by Rev. Paul Washer that I like. In it, he points out why saying "God is good" should be scary. And of course, Jesus, being God, is also good. See what you think:

dberrie2020

I have also seen a Mormon try to use these verses from Matthew 19 to attempt to prove that we must keep the commandments in order to be saved.
Are you claiming Jesus was a Mormon?

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

rod.ney

You are assuming to be in a certain condition that you never have been in in Christ as Jesus was in Christ, anointed of God by His Spirit.
I quoted the scriptures that 100% BACK up what I posted Gary! Thus NO assuming at all and you remain refuted by GOD's say so in those scriptures of His that I posted! Your say so ( man's word ) will NEVER trump GOD's say so in those posted scriptures that the Holy Spirit inspired certain holy men to write! Case closed!

Bonnie

Are you claiming Jesus was a Mormon?

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Dberrie, you have said some strange things on here, but this takes the prize. NO I am NOT saying Jesus was a Mormon! The true Jesus would have nothing to do with the Christ-dishonoring, pseudo-Christian cult that is Mormonism. It debases the true Jesus Christ of the Bible, making him an exalted creature, the actual brother of Satan (!) in the supposed spirit pre-existence. For shame.

But I have addressed these Matthew verses many times to you, dberrie, over the years.. Why don't you ever remember what I write? Here is one example I have archived:

• You are trying to be like the Judaizers, who tried to be righteous by obedience to the Law. But what did Paul say about that:

"What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did NOT pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness WHICH IS BY FAITH. But Israel, pursuing a LAW of righteousness, did not arrive at that law. Why? Because they did NOT pursue it BY FAITH, but, as it were, BY WORKS." (Rom. 9:30-31a).

No one can be justified by obedience to the Law, because NO ONE CAN DO SO PERFECTLY, EVER, because we are ALL sinners and everything we to please God would be tainted by sin. James says if we are guilty of breaking ONE commandment--we are guilty of ALL OF THEM.

The rich young man was trying to be justified by obedience to the Law. So are Mormons--both their man-made laws and God's laws. BUT--Jesus told the young man that one thing was STILL lacking--he needed to give all he had to the poor (leaving his old life behind him) and follow Jesus--which would mean putting his faith and trust in Jesus, would it not? But what did the young man do? He refused to follow Jesus or have faith and trust in Him, and followed his old life with its earthly riches, instead.

One thing was STILL lacking in the young man. So, did he REALLY keep God's laws perfectly? 100%? What did Jesus show the young man, by telling him to sell all he had, give it to the poor and follow Him, Jesus? What was the young man's reaction?

And looky here what Paul wrote in Romans 1:4c-5:

"...by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of Holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord, THROUGH WHOM we have received GRACE and apostleship to bring about the OBEDIENCE OF FAITH among the Gentiles for His Name's sake."

What does "obedience of faith" mean, dberrie?

And how was Paul able to do what God required of him? Isn't doing what God requires obeying Him?

"But by the GRACE OF GOD, I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the GRACE OF GOD WITH ME." (1 Cor. 15:10)

Did Paul obey God by his own power? OR was it God's grace--GIVEN to him--that enabled him to labor for God in Christ Jesus?

And:

"...of which {taking the Gospel to the Gentiles} I was made a minister, according to the GIFT of God's grace, which was given to me according to the WORKING OF HIS POWER.. To me, the very least of the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ." (Eph. 3:7-8)

so, did Paul obey God in order to GET God's grace? OR did he obey God BECAUSE he had God's grace--which God GAVE to Paul?
    And do YOU obey ALL of God's commandments perfectly, 24/7, 365? Because remember what James wrote:

For whosoever shall keep the whole law and yet offend on one point, he is guilty of all.(KJV James 2:10)
    SO--what say you, dberrie? How are YOU doing in the perfect keeping of God's commandments department?

There are only TWO ways to be justified and declared righteous in God's eyes, dberrie. The first is by keeping God's commandments perfectly all the time, never stumbling in even one point, for as long as one lives. That is what Jesus was telling the rich young ruler. But He demonstrated to him that he didn't even keep the first and most important commandment--loving God above all else. The young man loved his wealth more--he broke the first commandment and therefore, broke ALL of them.

BUT--there is a SECOND way to be justified and declared righteous in God's eyes. Do YOU know that way, dberrie?

Romans 4:4-5 English Standard Version (ESV)

4 Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. 5 And to the one who does not work but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,
    By our faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross and did PERFECTLY are we declared "not guilty" and righteous in God's eyes--for Jesus' righteousness is then credited to us, by our faith in Him and His finished work on the cross.

Which do you think is more sure, dberrie--depending upon your OWN IMperfect keeping of God's commandments--because you seem to think that is what Jesus wants us to do: keep God's commandments perfectly in order to be saved--or depending upon Jesus' perfect keeping of the commandments in our stead and for our sake? Which is more sure? More dependable?
DO note that I quoted LOTS of Bible verses.

praise_yeshua

No you falsely accuse me of being Jesus. But I do understand that you do not believe what Jesus commanded of you to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect to have in you the same father he had in himself as he prayed to his God for you to have in John 17, and that you do not believe to have the same Same Spirit of God in you, same mind to walk as He walks in it. If you are different from that what Jesus said you would be if then it isnt I who does not follow his way to walk in it.

I explained it. Like is similar. Do you understand English?

I had no problem at all meeting Gods requirement to have the same Spirit in me who was in Christ Jesus. And in that His divine nature is imputed to me by His same Spirit be my own mind as He demands of me which is not of myself but is of Himself. Seems you are struggling with Having His same disposition by His SPirit be your own and are of self instead?

You reject the sacrificial death of Jesus. You don't have the Spirit of God.