Only God is Good !

Truther

Oh. So you want to live in your little fantasy world? Have at it.
No, you are fantasizing that the ruler called Jesus "God", but Jesus set him straight...

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Gary Mac

I explained it. Like is similar. Do you understand English?

You reject the sacrificial death of Jesus. You don't have the Spirit of God.
No you only falsely accuse me of rejecting the death of Jesus. And you falsely accuse me of not having the Spirit of God, Jesus was accused of the same thing by the same as you and I have the same One Jesus had. That explains it. Do you understand English?

Truth is I do not adhere to the creed that you cling to that regulates your god for him to obey and be like you.

praise_yeshua

No, you are fantasizing that the ruler called Jesus "God", but Jesus set him straight...

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

No. Jesus said that if he recognized him as good, then he must be recognizing him as God because there is only ONE good.

Jesus is perfect. What fault do you find in Jesus?

praise_yeshua

No you only falsely accuse me of rejecting the death of Jesus. And you falsely accuse me of not having the Spirit of God, Jesus was accused of the same thing by the same as you and I have the same One Jesus had. That explains it. Do you understand English?

I wasn't there. Why do you claim I'm like those who rejected Him?

You're not like Jesus. You can't raise the dead. You can't heal the sick. You've failed God and Jesus never did.

You reject the substitutionary sacrificial death of Jesus Christ. You believe he died for political reasons. Jesus died for ME. You don't care that Jesus died for you because you believe you're just as good as Jesus is. You're sadly mistaken.

civic

There is none righteous no not one. Is Jesus righteous ?
There is none who does good no not one. did Jesus do good ?
All have sinned and fallen short of Gods glory. did Jesus sin ?
There is none who seeks God no not one. Did Jesus seek the Father ?

Gary Mac

No. Jesus said that if he recognized him as good, then he must be recognizing him as God because there is only ONE good.

Everyone is perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect who obeys and has received from God His perfections as Jesus commanded of us in Matt 5:48. If you have not received Gods perfections to walk as He walks in it then you do not follow the way of Jesus at all.

praise_yeshua

Everyone is perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect who obeys and has received from God His perfections as Jesus commanded of us in Matt 5:48. If you have not received Gods perfections to walk as He walks in it then you do not follow the way of Jesus at all.
You're not perfect. Are you seriously claiming perfection? The reason Jesus was/is perfect is because He has Eternally been God. He is different that you.

You can't claim this. You're weak. Fragile. You don't have life in and of yourself. You have to rely upon the work of another. Jesus is innately perfect. Always has been. Always will be.

Truther

Jesus was a sinless lamb, but temptable and had the ability to succumb to temptation.

Jesus was saying that God, which is a Spirit, is only perfect(good) and cannot sin.

Truther

There is none righteous no not one. Is Jesus righteous ?
There is none who does good no not one. did Jesus do good ?
All have sinned and fallen short of Gods glory. did Jesus sin ?
There is none who seeks God no not one. Did Jesus seek the Father ?
Peter said...The son of the living God...the Christ..the man.

Not, God the Son of the living God etc.

praise_yeshua

Jesus was a sinless lamb, but temptable and had the ability to succumb to temptation.

Jesus was saying that God, which is a Spirit, is only perfect(good) and cannot sin.

What nonsense. You say He was the sinless lamb of God and then degrade Him by saying he could have sinned?

He proved Himself in his actions. You can't say the same you lovely sinner.

Gary Mac

You're not perfect. Are you seriously claiming perfection? The reason Jesus was/is perfect is because He has Eternally been God. He is different that you.

You can't claim this. You're weak. Fragile. You don't have life in and of yourself. You have to rely upon the work of another. Jesus is innately perfect. Always has been. Always will be.
No God claims perfection in me by the same Spirit be in me Who was in Christ Jesus. and Jesus was not God at all, the same God who came to Jesus in Matt 3:16 and opend all of His heaven to that man is the same one who came to me and did the same. This is what God does in man, He makes us in His same image by His same SPirit be our own. This is something obviously that is missing in you and the reason that you cant identify with His perfections yourself.

Isnt the real truth is that you just dont believe Jesus to follow his commandment to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect? Only because you cant relate to Gods perfections does not mean others cant relate to Him, it only means that you cant relate to what Jesus commanded of you in Matt 5:48. You have no intent of following him in his way is all. He might as well have not stated that for you. That is why you are like these of his day who rejected and didnt believe what he said as well.

Just man up and confess that you dont believe Jesus in Matt 5:48.

Truther

What nonsense. You say He was the sinless lamb of God and then degrade Him by saying he could have sinned?

He proved Himself in his actions. You can't say the same you lovely sinner.
Jesus had to overcome....

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

we have to overcome the same thing he did...sin.

rod.ney

Again, Peter did not say Jesus was God there.
But God the Father calls Him ( His only Begotten Son - Jesus Christ ) " Oh God ' in Heb.1:8! He is called ( as the former Word ) " God with God ( the Father & Holy Spirit ) in John 1:1! All things were created THROUGH & BY Him ( God the former WORD, who became Flesh as Jesus Christ in John 1:14 ) as per John 1:3 and Col.1:16!

civic

Again, Peter did not say Jesus was God there.
think what you want but there is no getting around he did here.

2 Peter 1:1
τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

2 Peter 1:11
τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

2 Peter 1:1
our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

2 Peter 1:11
our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

We have a second person possessive pronoun "Our" modifying two different improper nouns (God and Savior) joined by "and" (Kia) to identify a proper noun (Jesus) [Granville/Sharp's Rule in Greek Grammar]. Therefore Jesus is being identifying as our God and Savior in 1:1 and Lord and Savior in 1:11. This is basic grammar we are talking about. We don't even have to know the Greek to see that Jesus is being called both God and Savior here.

The Greek below:

τοῦ is the same.
ἡμῶν is the same.
καὶ is the same.
Σωτῆρος is the same.
Ἰησοῦ is the same.
Χριστοῦ· is the same.

And all in the same order.

The only difference is the noun "Θεοῦ" in v.1, while "Κυρίου" is in v.11.

So if you want to deny that Jesus is "God" ("theou") in v.1, then you must also deny that Jesus is "Lord" ("kuriou") in v.11. Otherwise you are being inconsistent and have a bias when reading scripture.

hope this helps !!!

praise_yeshua

No God claims perfection in me by the same Spirit be in me Who was in Christ Jesus. and Jesus was not God at all, the same God who came to Jesus in Matt 3:16 and opend all of His heaven to that man is the same one who came to me and did the same. This is what God does in man, He makes us in His same image by His same SPirit be our own. This is something obviously that is missing in you and the reason that you cant identify with His perfections yourself.

Isnt the real truth is that you just dont believe Jesus to follow his commandment to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect? Only because you cant relate to Gods perfections does not mean others cant relate to Him, it only means that you cant relate to what Jesus commanded of you in Matt 5:48. You have no intent of following him in his way is all. He might as well have not stated that for you. That is why you are like these of his day who rejected and didnt believe what he said as well.

Just man up and confess that you dont believe Jesus in Matt 5:48.

Yes. I believe Matt 5:48. I've told you over and over again that the Scripture are written in a way to expose what you really are. You read Matthew 5:48 and YOU believe you can meet its standard.

You can't. No one can. Which is why Jesus was standing in front those Jews condemning their own actions.

The very One standing right in front of them was the ONLY ONE that was loving His enemies. The ONLY ONE doing Good to those who abuse Him.

You see in Matthew 5:48 what you want to see because of your evil nature. You really believe your fragile evil ego can live up to perfection. YOU prove you can't every day of your life and you refuse to admit it.

Just endless pride and circular logic. You begin with yourself and end with yourself. YOU aren't worth being like.

Jesus. Oh, He is so much BETTER than you are and you can't stand it. Your evil heart rooted in the sinfulness of Satan is endless jealous of God's darling Son.

Stand back and watch as your eyes fade from life..... as breath grows shallow and empty. Endless death is in your future. Jesus. He will just keep being Wonderful. Our Prince of Peace.

You can't even help yourself much less anyone else.

praise_yeshua

Jesus had to overcome....

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

we have to overcome the same thing he did...sin.

You keep trying that.

Why do you keep failing and Jesus never failed? If you're so much alike.... then why?

Gary Mac

But God the Father calls Him ( His only Begotten Son - Jesus Christ ) " Oh God ' in Heb.1:8! He is called ( as the former Word ) " God with God ( the Father & Holy Spirit ) in John 1:1! All things were created THROUGH & BY Him ( God the former WORD, who became Flesh as Jesus Christ in John 1:14 ) as per John 1:3 and Col.1:16!
There is only one Christ, only one Spirit that is Gods anointing and begotten of Him, and man is the temple of.

Gary Mac

Yes. I believe Matt 5:48. I've told you over and over again that the Scripture are written in a way to expose what you really are. You read Matthew 5:48 and YOU believe you can meet its standard.

You can't. No one can. Which is why Jesus was standing in front those Jews condemning their own actions.
If Jesus gave a command that is impossible to fulfill such as Matt 5:48 then he was the biggest fraud ever to walk this planet.

If Jesus said to be one in the Father with He in you and you in Him as one as he was one in Him, John 17, and that is impossible for you, then doesn't that make Jesus a fraud?

If Jesus said the same signs will follow you if you believe and is impossible for you, then doesn't that make him a liar?

If you cant walk as he walks in his same light doesnt that make him of none effect?

And that list can go on and on. ANd isnt the real truth is that you do not believe him in these things he said you would be IF?