Only God is Good !

praise_yeshua

If Jesus gave a command that is impossible to fulfill such as Matt 5:48 then he was the biggest fraud ever to walk this planet.

If Jesus said to be one in the Father with He in you and you in Him as one as he was one in Him, John 17, and that is impossible for you, then doesn't that make Jesus a fraud?

If Jesus said the same signs will follow you if you believe and is impossible for you, then doesn't that make him a liar?

If you cant walk as he walks in his same light doesnt that make him of none effect?

And that list can go on and on. ANd isnt the real truth is that you do not believe him in these things he said you would be IF?

Have you ever had any children? It sounds like you haven't.

If you have children, you would know that one of the greatest ways to get your kids to listen to you when they're not really listening, is to let them fail in what they're doing. THEN, they will listen.

Jesus didn't lie. He simply spoke in a way that would reveal man's own weakness to themselves.

You've failed to be perfect haven't you? We know you have. Everyone has. So when Jesus said to "be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect". It a self revealing statement. The Father in heaven has NEVER.... NOT been perfect.

YOU however, have always NOT BEEN PERFECT.

Such a statement reveals to YOU...what you are.... and reveals to YOU what GOD...... IS.

Do you seriously believe you can be PERFECT like God? Satan believed that too. He proved he wasn't... Just like YOU prove you're not every day of your life.

Truther

But God the Father calls Him ( His only Begotten Son - Jesus Christ ) " Oh God ' in Heb.1:8! He is called ( as the former Word ) " God with God ( the Father & Holy Spirit ) in John 1:1! All things were created THROUGH & BY Him ( God the former WORD, who became Flesh as Jesus Christ in John 1:14 ) as per John 1:3 and Col.1:16!
I said....in Matt 16, peter does not call Jesus God.

This is a famous misrepresentation of Peter in many denominations.

Peter just said to Jesus that he was the messiah, son of THE LIVING GOD.

Truther

think what you want but there is no getting around he did here.

2 Peter 1:1
τοῦ θεοῦ ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

2 Peter 1:11
τοῦ κυρίου ἡμῶν καὶ σωτῆρος Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

2 Peter 1:1
our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

2 Peter 1:11
our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

We have a second person possessive pronoun "Our" modifying two different improper nouns (God and Savior) joined by "and" (Kia) to identify a proper noun (Jesus) [Granville/Sharp's Rule in Greek Grammar]. Therefore Jesus is being identifying as our God and Savior in 1:1 and Lord and Savior in 1:11. This is basic grammar we are talking about. We don't even have to know the Greek to see that Jesus is being called both God and Savior here.

The Greek below:

τοῦ is the same.
ἡμῶν is the same.
καὶ is the same.
Σωτῆρος is the same.
Ἰησοῦ is the same.
Χριστοῦ· is the same.

And all in the same order.

The only difference is the noun "Θεοῦ" in v.1, while "Κυρίου" is in v.11.

So if you want to deny that Jesus is "God" ("theou") in v.1, then you must also deny that Jesus is "Lord" ("kuriou") in v.11. Otherwise you are being inconsistent and have a bias when reading scripture.

hope this helps !!!
You did not address the content of the verse per the ruler.

Gary Mac

Have you ever had any children? It sounds like you haven't.

If you have children, you would know that one of the greatest ways to get your kids to listen to you when they're not really listening, is to let them fail in what they're doing. THEN, they will listen.

Jesus didn't lie. He simply spoke in a way that would reveal man's own weakness to themselves.

You've failed to be perfect haven't you? We know you have. Everyone has. So when Jesus said to "be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect". It a self revealing statement. The Father in heaven has NEVER.... NOT been perfect.

YOU however, have always NOT BEEN PERFECT.

Such a statement reveals to YOU...what you are.... and reveals to YOU what GOD...... IS.

Do you seriously believe you can be PERFECT like God? Satan believed that too. He proved he wasn't... Just like YOU prove you're not every day of your life.
Some children never learn and never get the message of be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect making the same mistake over and over until they are in a grave and to late to receive by then.

And yes I have children fifty years old who did learn the lessons Jesus gave.

But you are correct in that I have not always been perfect, and was made to be sin just as Jesus was made to be sin by the things we did suffer. It was after God perfected us by His SPirit that we became like Him who is perfect for Love is the only thing on this planet that is perfect and never changes for God is Love and I am the temple of. we are one.

And such a statement does reveal by His Spirit who I am and who He is and we are one, He in me and I in Him . There is no other way to identify with Him least He be in you and you be in Him as one. Even Jesus couldnt identify with Him until He came to Jesus and opened up who He is to him in Matt 3:16.

WHo do I say he is? By identification with him by the same Father be my own -- he was son of God just as all are who has the same from our Father who is God. And flesh and bone cannot reveal this to anyone, only by His SPirit is God reveled in man just as it states.

It is pretty obvious that you have not met the God Jesus spoke of who sent him to teach you His ways or you could relate to His perfections yourself.

praise_yeshua

Some children never learn and never get the message of be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect making the same mistake over and over until they are in a grave and to late to receive by then.

And yes I have children fifty years old who did learn the lessons Jesus gave.

But you are correct in that I have not always been perfect, and was made to be sin just as Jesus was made to be sin by the things we did suffer. It was after God perfected us by His SPirit that we became like Him who is perfect for Love is the only thing on this planet that is perfect and never changes for God is Love and I am the temple of. we are one.

And such a statement does reveal by His Spirit who I am and who He is and we are one, He in me and I in Him . There is no other way to identify with Him least He be in you and you be in Him as one. Even Jesus couldnt identify with Him until He came to Jesus and opened up who He is to him in Matt 3:16.

WHo do I say he is? By identification with him by the same Father be my own -- he was son of God just as all are who has the same from our Father who is God. And flesh and bone cannot reveal this to anyone, only by His SPirit is God reveled in man just as it states.

It is pretty obvious that you have not met the God Jesus spoke of who sent him to teach you His ways or you could relate to His perfections yourself.
Now that is ridiculously funny right there.

You readily admit that you sin and yet you compare your sin to how Jesus became sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him......

Jesus suffered for our sin. You suffer for your OWN sin. You're not carrying anyone's sin yourself. You sin because you're sinful just like the rest of humanity. Jesus wasn't sinful. Never was. Never will be.

I've meet Jesus Christ and love Him. That is why I defend Him against your silly claims against Him. You say that you can do greater works than Jesus Christ. That is what you said.

Do you retract that claim or not?

You can point to some verse in the Bible but that doesn't mean it is talking about YOU. I'm asking about YOU. Do you claim to do more wonderous works than Jesus Christ?

If you did, this world would know it. No one knows you. Just someone sitting behind a keyboard somewhere claiming he is greater than God Himself.

Do you remember when Jesus said...

Joh_13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

His own call Him Master. You call Jesus Christ your less than perfect weaker brother. Your narrative is a lie when compared to what the Scriptures declare.

nan

This is why I follow the teachings of Jesus instead of Paul or any other. Jesus was very clear in his teachings of his God for us to be like Him as he was like Him.
Are you saying that Paul's teachings were not the same as Jesus'?

Gary Mac

Now that is ridiculously funny right there.

You readily admit that you sin and yet you compare your sin to how Jesus became sin for us that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him......

Jesus suffered for our sin. You suffer for your OWN sin. You're not carrying anyone's sin yourself. You sin because you're sinful just like the rest of humanity. Jesus wasn't sinful. Never was. Never will be.

I've meet Jesus Christ and love Him. That is why I defend Him against your silly claims against Him. You say that you can do greater works than Jesus Christ. That is what you said.

You can point to some verse in the Bible but that doesn't mean it is talking about YOU. I'm asking about YOU. Do you claim to do more wonderous works than Jesus Christ?

If you did, this world would know it. No one knows you. Just someone sitting behind a keyboard somewhere claiming he is greater than God Himself.

Do you remember when Jesus said...

Joh_13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

His own call Him Master. You call Jesus Christ your less than perfect weaker brother. Your narrative is a lie when compared to what the Scriptures declare.
Gods way to be like Him always is ridiculously funny to those who do not follow His way to be like Him, which simply is Love.

And I was a sinner but He came and takes away the sins of this world that you do not believe of Him. That is why you are still a sinner and not His righteous.

And Jesus suffers because of your sins. As for me God takes away the sins of this world to walk as He walks in His same light that is without sin, impossible to be in sin because I am born of God. See 1 John 3:9. You are of 1 john 3:8.

And if you had met jesus as you say -- you would be like Him.

I can point to any scripture and it all is about me and who I am in the Father. Only because your name is not written it doesn't mean mine isn't, it only means yours isn't is all.

No one knows you, you only sit behind a keyboard spewing your own laws to govern your god and refuse to be like the One Jesus came to show you what that is to be like. And you do know me, I have clearly told you who I am in the Father, so did Jesus you only reject Him to be like Him is all. And this world as you are of knows nothing of Jesus Christ, only in name only.

And you only call Jesus the lesser of Gods children and is my brother for we have the same Father who is God. And only because God is not your Father and you are not his brother, jealousy of we who are is why he is lesser than you would have him be.

His own not only calls him master, his own obey him to be like him as he demands of us. Seems you are left out of that equation. And you are correct I do not carry anions sin, nor can Jesus carry yours for sin is your choice for disposition and he can do noting for you, but for those who obey him he comes and takes away the sins of this world in which you deny Him to do so. That is why you mock Him.

Gary Mac

Are you saying that Paul's teachings were not the same as Jesus'?
Absolutely. Paul teaches that you are just a dirty ole sinner, Jesus teaches that to have from Gdo that what he had from Him it is impossible to be in sin and is perfect even as our Father in heaven is perfect, same mind, same Spirit same walk as He walks. And we who are born of God it is impossible to be in sin. 1 John 3:9.

Paul leads a whole lot more to be a sinner then Jesus ever did to be without sin as he was sent by God to show you what it is to be of God and without sin. A whole lot more follow Paul instead of Jesus.