Only those who do the will of God will enter

Our Lord's God

Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you whom he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. But the one who has heard and has not done them, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.” Luke 6:46-49

Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? Luke 6:46

Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 7:21

Did Jesus leave us wondering what he meant by "the will of my Father"? NOPE.

Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?" 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness.’ Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and does them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house and it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.
Matthew 7:21-27

Last edited:
John 6:40
For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.

How predictable.

Is this how you distract yourself from Jesus' plain teaching in Matthew 7?

How predictable.

Is this how you distract yourself from Jesus' plain teaching in Matthew 7?

John 6:40 is not a distraction. Too bad you view God's word as such. Furthermore, it uses the expression, "the will of My Father" which is what the OP is about.

Get a clue.

John 6:40 is not a distraction. Too bad you view God's word as such. Furthermore, it uses the expression, "the will of My Father" which is what the OP is about.

Get a clue.

Why didn't you also quote John 6:29 too? That's the usual routine of heretics. I'll bet that one also nullifies Jesus' teaching at Matthew 7:21-27, right?

How can anyone say they believe in Jesus when they don't even believe they must do what he said?

Last edited:
No need to, because it teaches the same thing as John 6:40 - which you hate. Heretics dodge passages they don't like. Just like you did with John 6:40.

Nothing to dodge.

How can you say you believe in Jesus when you don't even believe you must do what he said?

This might be startling news to you but a question is not an assertion.

How can you say you believe in Jesus when you don't even believe you must do what he said?
Your assertion is built into the question because I do believe what Jesus said.

Your assertion is built into the question because I do believe what Jesus said.

Really?

So then you believe Jesus when he tells us that only those who obey his teachings will enter the Kingdom, RIGHT?

Not everyone who says to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?" 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness.’ Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and does them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house and it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.

Really?

So then you believe Jesus when he tells us that only those who obey his teachings will enter the Kingdom, RIGHT?

You are still dodging John 6:40.
You mentioned John 6:29, but when that didn't work out for you it quickly fell from your radar screen.

This thread that you started has been a disaster for you.

Classic.

You are still dodging John 6:40.

Um no I believe Jesus.

You mentioned John 6:29, but when that didn't work out for you it quickly fell from your radar screen.

Wow did that ever go over your head

This thread that you started has been a disaster for you.

Classic.

I see that you have retreated to your Never, Never land fantasy world again.

Jesus says here that you must obey his teachings to enter the Kingdom. Do you believe him?

Back