Ontologically better??

ReverendRV

I'm watching a video of Leighton Flowers, and he said Calvinism means that we're Chosen because we're Ontologically 'better' than other people...

I thought this would make a GREAT Thread! Of course we're not Ontologically better than anyone; Paul was the Chief of Sinners until I came along. Our being Ontologically better than others sounds terrible to us, because we know better. But because Regeneration occurs before Faith, by his Grace we ARE made better; even if only for the twinkling of an eye before we believe. We're made spiritually alive; that is better. We have to be made Ontologically better than Ontologically Dead, in order to discern the things of God. Glory to God Alone!

Right?

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

Leighton Flowers, on another christian message board several years ago likened being saved to a “personal achievement“. I kid ye not. He’s not one to trust with a Bible in his hands. I kid ye not, again.

SovereignGrace

I believe Flowers claims that he used to be a Calvinist.
That's a very unfortunate claim for him to make, as he can no longer claim ignorance.
He is basically intentionally MISREPRESENTING Calvinism.
He may no longer can claim ignorance, but he’s wrapped up in it.

Redeemed

I'm watching a video of Leighton Flowers, and he said Calvinism means that we're Chosen because we're Ontologically 'better' than other people...

I thought this would make a GREAT Thread! Of course we're not Ontologically better than anyone; Paul was the Chief of Sinners until I came along. Our being Ontologically better than others sounds terrible to us, because we know better. But because Regeneration occurs before Faith, by his Grace we ARE made better; even if only for the twinkling of an eye before we believe. We're made spiritually alive; that is better. We have to be made Ontologically better than Ontologically Dead, in order to discern the things of God. Glory to God Alone!

Right?
Were chosen because it was God's purpose, doesn't have anything to do with with us. It's totally a God thing. It's so funny that man just can't hang with that that...somehow someway we need to help God out. How arrogant is that?

Sounds good though. You could use it and witnessing. "Say there would you like to be Ontologically better than anyone" if so I've got the hook up."

Last edited:

Our Lord's God

What a nut.

Sounds like some of the Gnostics of old.

I thought this would make a GREAT Thread! Of course we're not Ontologically better than anyone; Paul was the Chief of Sinners until I came along. Our being Ontologically better than others sounds terrible to us, because we know better. But because Regeneration occurs before Faith,

Regeneration only occurs after you placed faith in Christ by dying with him. Once you have died with Christ, God raises a person up into the resurrection life of Jesus Christ, born anew. Jesus died on the cross first, and rose again next. You won't be raised up with him until you trust in him by dying with him. Cross first, resurrection life next and not the other way around.

by his Grace we ARE made better;

No, you aren't any better than you were before. But you are in a better state of affairs as long as you abide in him.

even if only for the twinkling of an eye before we believe. We're made spiritually alive; that is better. We have to be made Ontologically better than Ontologically Dead, in order to discern the things of God. Glory to God Alone!

Right?

You won't be "ontologically better" until you are raised from the dead.