Oops! Kari Lake charges dismissed because of lying witness…

I expect - about a decade from now - scientists will be able to study the effects of people subsisting on a steady diet of nothingburgers.
Lying in the advancement of your agenda being a "nothing burger" has nothing to do with science, it's a categorization error. People like you think that the truth is subservient to politics so you simply can't be trusted. This issue may not be visible to your conscience, but believe me the rest of the world gets it.

not going to watch your video
I agree. Watching a hand-picked video from an source with no established credentials is a waste of time. What I do in such a case is do a Google search on the objective headline, "Kari Lake charges dismissed" and find an authoritative source for what really happened. I did that, and the closest thing I could find to anything like that from a somewhat reputable source was this from the Daily Independent, dated today, May 16, 2023:

Kari Lake gets 1 more chance to prove Maricopa County erred in vote verifications

Judge throws out other claims.

PHOENIX - A trial judge will give Kari Lake one more chance to try to prove that Maricopa County was not properly verifying the signatures on early ballot envelopes.

But in a ruling late Monday, Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson threw out the separate claims of the failed Republican gubernatorial candidate that problems with equipment at voting centers led to some ballots cast on Election Day not being counted.

He said that Lake, having failed to convince him the first time - a decision upheld by the Arizona Supreme Court - is now improperly trying an entirely new theory in a bid to convince him to overturn the results of the 2022 election.

Thompson also took a slap at Lake's attorneys who claimed at a hearing last week they had new "bombshell'' evidence of fraud and lying by county election workers.

Some of that "proof'' was based on a report prepared for the county about Election Day problems by retired Supreme Court Chief Justices Ruth McGregor. Attorney Kurt Olsen claimed her report backs Lake's contention that the county knew the equipment would fail on Election Day.

The judge said that claim "is 180 degrees from what the report actually says.''

Lake had no comment on having that claim thrown out, again, by the judge.

This is the latest. Things do not seem to be going Kari Lake's way in the courts. Note to the OP: If you expect to make your point, you might find better luck doing it with authoritative sources next time.

Last edited:
Note to the OP: If you expect to make your point, you might find better luck doing it with authoritative sources next time.
To be fair, sometimes it's hard to find authoritative sources that say what you want them to say.

To be fair, sometimes it's hard to find authoritative sources that say what you want them to say.
Yup! That's why they have to resort to non-authoritative sources, and then claim that all the authoritative ones are suspect.

Your sources are all proven corrupt.
Just as I predicted! The only way to elevate the apparent reliability of extremist sources is to drag down all the others. This leads to the belief that you can choose to follow any source that "seems" right to you subjectively - i.e. confirmation bias.

Well, neither has Trump.
This only means that failure to win an election will trigger stolen election claims by more and more RW losers.
Better to undermine democracy than admit defeat.
Your disengeniousness, now creating a narrative that only the right makes claims of stolen elections, is par for the course for you. You are simply partisan. And as you have been informed, this nation is a Constitutional Republic, NOT a democracy.

When you reverse the exact meaning of your testimony under oath, because you've been shown to be lying and you're reversing your testimony while you're still Underoath your stipulate into having lied, and being a liar. That's a matter of record it's not an opinion. It's dispositive and indisputable.
It's kind of moot at this point, because the judge has (again) dismissed that particular claim, but the governor's lawyers did a pretty good job here (starting on page 6) of showing that Jarrett didn't lie, and didn't change his testimony. So much for it being indisputable.

Who is lying has already dispositivly been demonstrated beyond the possibility of credible contradiction. We're waiting for the adjudication of the complaint.
The only ones who are known to have lied in this case are Kari Lake's lawyers, as concluded by the Arizona Supreme Court.

Kari Lake's final lawsuit claiming election fraud was thrown out yesterday.

“Wild claims of rigged elections may generate media attention and fundraising please, but they do not win court cases. When ‘bombshells’ and ‘smoking guns’ are not backed up by facts, they fail in court.” - Maricopa County Chairman Clint Hickman

"The Court DOES NOT find either clear and convincing evidence or a preponderance of evidence that such misconduct did in fact affect the result of the 2022 General Election by a competent mathematical basis. Therefore: IT IS ORDERED: confirming the election of Katie Hobbs as Arizona Governor pursuant to A.R.S. § 16-676(B)." - Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson

I believe this was Kari Lake's final appeal, so she has no remaining legal options that she can use to challenge the election result.

“Wild claims of rigged elections may generate media attention and fundraising please, but they do not win court cases. When ‘bombshells’ and ‘smoking guns’ are not backed up by facts, they fail in court.” - Maricopa County Chairman Clint Hickman

"The Court DOES NOT find either clear and convincing evidence or a preponderance of evidence that such misconduct did in fact affect the result of the 2022 General Election by a competent mathematical basis. Therefore: IT IS ORDERED: confirming the election of Katie Hobbs as Arizona Governor pursuant to A.R.S. § 16-676(B)." - Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson

I believe this was Kari Lake's final appeal, so she has no remaining legal options that she can use to challenge the election result.
Her actual goal may have been Trump's VP, but he really does not like losers...

That may be correct. If you look at the judges framing of the issue prior to the decision it was almost a fait accompli. If you however compare his jury instruction for the necessary findings of fact to any reasonable standard of what anyone would recognize as "justice" there is simply no correlation whatsoever. There is a balancing act and apparently the priority of "not upsetting the applecart" was given great significance over the consideration of the fact that "justice was not served."

That may be correct. If you look at the judges framing of the issue prior to the decision it was almost a fait accompli. If you however compare his jury instruction for the necessary findings of fact to any reasonable standard of what anyone would recognize as "justice" there is simply no correlation whatsoever. There is a balancing act and apparently the priority of "not upsetting the applecart" was given great significance over the consideration of the fact that "justice was not served."
At some point, excessive reading of the tea leaves turns into making **** up.

Arizona Judge Tosses Kari Lake’s 2022 Election Lawsuit​

Lawyers for Ms. Lake, a Trump ally who lost the governor’s race, claimed Maricopa County did not properly review mail-in ballot signatures. A judge said the arguments “do not clear the bar.”

Arizona Judge Tosses Kari Lake’s 2022 Election Lawsuit​

Lawyers for Ms. Lake, a Trump ally who lost the governor’s race, claimed Maricopa County did not properly review mail-in ballot signatures. A judge said the arguments “do not clear the bar.”

Yesterday, in what was billed as a "big announcement", Lake announced that she plans to raise money for her legal team to push its challenge of the 2022 gubernatorial result to the US Supreme Court. Some people never learn...

Yesterday, in what was billed as a "big announcement", Lake announced that she plans to raise money for her legal team to push its challenge of the 2022 gubernatorial result to the US Supreme Court. Some people never learn...
There's no real downside to continuing the fight with other people's money.

There's no real downside to continuing the fight with other people's money.
Very true.

When I used the phrase "some people never learn", I was referring to Lake. But upon further reflection, the phrase is better applied to the Lake supporters who will be giving her money so that she can continue her irrational and pointless legal fight.

At some point, excessive reading of the tea leaves turns into making **** up.
Go ahead and just give me your interpretation of the jury instructions. What exactly with the jury have had to conclude in order to find it in favor of Kari Lake?

Back