Origin of christianity

SteveB

Another BAR article about the origin of biblical christianity. An originally Jewish community. One that was viewed as a sect of Judaism in its early days.

The Pixie

Seems pretty standard.

The only bit I would dispute is at the end, where the author says: "the Jewish Christians either rejoined their Jewish peers or become part of the newly gentile Christian church". I would suggest they continued for some centuries, known as the Ebionites.

SteveB

Seems pretty standard.

The only bit I would dispute is at the end, where the author says: "the Jewish Christians either rejoined their Jewish peers or become part of the newly gentile Christian church". I would suggest they continued for some centuries, known as the Ebionites.
Ok.
And?

SteveB

And nothing. Besides that one point, the article is pretty reasonable.
The curious thing about the Kingdom of God is that Jesus told us that it was like a mustard seed that was planted, and it grew up into a great tree, and all kinds of different animals and birds came to rest under it.

Mat 13:31-32 WEB 31 He set another parable before them, saying, “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took, and sowed in his field, 32 which indeed is smaller than all seeds. But when it is grown, it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in its branches.”