Our Arminian and Calvinist forum

Chalcedon

Are there any exceptions when discussing TULIP?
1Pet 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Where is tulip the hope in the passage ?

Where has any calvinist claim that is our hope ?

Any more fallacious arguments ?

You seem to be stooping to the same levels as those described in the OP as if you are trolling.

hope this helps !!!

Chalcedon

I don't know. I was called a heretic here and had my motivations impugned and my character attacked for being a heretic just the other day, and all because the poster in question is more fond of jumping to conclusions than of reading more than a couple sentences.
I would never say that about you Ken as I consider you my brother in Christ. Once again our differences are not salvific as all we are just trying to figure out to the best of our abilities how soteriology works the from our human perspectives. Our debates are not salvation itself but the intricacies involved in the Divine process along with the human element. This is where tension lies between our various perspectives. And if we are all being honest none of us have it right 100%. Theologians have been debating this since the first century until now and its not going away anytime soon. And just so you know I enjoy reading your posts because it makes me think about things and sometimes has me rethinking what I believe which in my estimation is a good thing because it keeps me learning and refining what I believe with soteriology. And when it comes to the essentials we are on the same page so I always apply the principle of in essentials unity, in non essentials liberty and in all things charity. This is sometimes difficult to practice with cults and heterodox who like to troll but easy for me among brothers in Christ of different persuasions.

hope this helps !!!

PeanutGallery

Where is tulip the hope in the passage ?

Where has any calvinist claim that is our hope ?...
"Charles Spurgeon: "To Deny Calvinism Is To Deny the Gospel of Jesus Christ.""

Should you not be prepared to defend your hope, instead of ignore.

Chalcedon

So what, was he infallible ?

Are you infallible ?

Is your pastor who is your Overseer and Shepard that rules over you infallible ?

Try making a biblical argument sometime instead of trolling, calvin nor any other man but JESUS is my hope.

Is your hope in men ?

hope this helps !!!

Chalcedon

In fact the next time you @PeanutGallery make one of these ridiculous and fallacious arguments again I will treat you the same way I treat the heterodox trolls mentioned in the OP- ignore it.

preacher4truth

So what, was he infallible ?

Are you infallible ?

Is your pastor who is your Overseer and Shepard that rules over you infallible ?

Try making a biblical argument sometime instead of trolling, calvin nor any other man but JESUS is my hope.

Is your hope in men ?

hope this helps !!!
There is a context to what Spurgeon stated, but to many anti-cals out of context works for them as well.

PeanutGallery

I'm getting tired of the snide comments and questions.
In fact the next time you @PeanutGallery make one of these ridiculous and fallacious arguments again I will treat you the same way I treat the heterodox trolls mentioned in the OP- ignore it.
And there's the slippery slope: mormons, JW's, atheists, agnostics, heterodox, ridiculous polemicists, snide commenters; whose next on your list?

PeanutGallery

Just you now this is not the evangelism forum
Which brings me back to my original post:
If any challenge or discuss TULIP, there should be no problem, whether they are mormons, JW's, atheists, agnostics or heterodox; if, however, they wish to discuss Trinity, then they should be directed to the appropriate forum.

Carbon

Well, all we need to do is discuss the gospel and not mention Calvinism. That’s fine.

We don’t need to mention Calvinism as long as we are talking true Bible doctrine, it’s Calvinism.

It goes without saying.

Ken Hamrick

I would never say that about you Ken as I consider you my brother in Christ. Once again our differences are not salvific as all we are just trying to figure out to the best of our abilities how soteriology works the from our human perspectives. Our debates are not salvation itself but the intricacies involved in the Divine process along with the human element. This is where tension lies between our various perspectives. And if we are all being honest none of us have it right 100%. Theologians have been debating this since the first century until now and its not going away anytime soon. And just so you know I enjoy reading your posts because it makes me think about things and sometimes has me rethinking what I believe which in my estimation is a good thing because it keeps me learning and refining what I believe with soteriology. And when it comes to the essentials we are on the same page so I always apply the principle of in essentials unity, in non essentials liberty and in all things charity. This is sometimes difficult to practice with cults and heterodox who like to troll but easy for me among brothers in Christ of different persuasions.

hope this helps !!!
Thank you, Civic! Well said!