Our Arminian and Calvinist forum

Sethproton

I was reading a few posts from some Arminian and Calvinist posters and I think it would be a good idea if all of us just start ignoring the ones who are as civic says heterodox. I know I’m fairly new here but I think it’s a great solution to eliminate all these people from interfering with our conversations and sidetracking all of these threads.

What do you think and by you I mean the real Trinitarians. Maybe Trinitarians would be a better qualifier than saying Arminian or Calvinist . I believe everyone would welcome all of our Trinitarian posters right ?

If I have overstepped my bounds please let me know my fellow Trinitarians. Thank you.
This is a great idea. Limit yourself to people who mostly agree with you then you can turn off your brain and stop listening to the things you have no answers for.
The issue for me and others, is there is no category for "Calvinist and NOT" So how are we to throw scripture and ideas at calvinists if we don't come to the only thread identified that way.

Sethproton

I don't know. I was called a heretic here and had my motivations impugned and my character attacked for being a heretic just the other day, and all because the poster in question is more fond of jumping to conclusions than of reading more than a couple sentences.
If they call YOU a heretic, what hope is there for us lesser mortals?

Theo1689

This is a great idea. Limit yourself to people who mostly agree with you then you can turn off your brain and stop listening to the things you have no answers for.

It truly would be nice if you could post a reply without insulting others.
The fact of the matter is that Calvinists engage in exegesis, and you don't.
You bring up a text, and you say, "well, to me this verse gives me vibes of teaching <A>, <B>, and <C>,", making claims without any connection to the text. Johnny has given you ample opportunities to hear what you say, and you have provided nothing of substance.

Sethproton

It truly would be nice if you could post a reply without insulting others.
The fact of the matter is that Calvinists engage in exegesis, and you don't.
You bring up a text, and you say, "well, to me this verse gives me vibes of teaching <A>, <B>, and <C>,", making claims without any connection to the text. Johnny has given you ample opportunities to hear what you say, and you have provided nothing of substance.
That was not what johnny was discussing. He was looking for some arena where only certain ideas would be presented and argued against. Johnny was saying nothing at all about the style of the discussion.

Johnnybgood

The issue for me and others, is there is no category for "Calvinist and NOT" So how are we to throw scripture and ideas at calvinists if we don't come to the only thread identified that way.
You enjoy making personal attacks when you cannot defend your heretical ideas don’t they call this ad hominem attacks sethproton.

Sethproton

You enjoy making personal attacks when you cannot defend your heretical ideas don’t they call this ad hominem attacks sethproton.
you might be right there about the enjoyment I felt calling you on what you were doing.
But, you are wrong. I can and do defend my position. When I cannot then i say so. I do not play games like you, asking people to respond to your questions then ignoring what they say.
I have no need to hide. I know what i believe and why, and i consider it part of being a Christian to defend the truth as I see it.

Johnnybgood

you might be right there about the enjoyment I felt calling you on what you were doing.
But, you are wrong. I can and do defend my position. When I cannot then i say so. I do not play games like you, asking people to respond to your questions then ignoring what they say.
I have no need to hide. I know what i believe and why, and i consider it part of being a Christian to defend the truth as I see it.
Why so much disliking calvinists and not agreeing with anything they believe and I read to said in a post you worship and lead a Bible study at a Calvinist church ?

That on the surface is really disturbing to me. Can you share why you go to a Calvinist church if you disagree with all the Calvinist people here ?

civic

Why so much disliking calvinists and not agreeing with anything they believe and I read to said in a post you worship and lead a Bible study at a Calvinist church ?

That on the surface is really disturbing to me. Can you share why you go to a Calvinist church if you disagree with all the Calvinist people here ?
You are sugarcoating his actions- he despises, detests, abhors, loathes Calvinism.

civic

Defend your position is another oxymoron. You cannot defend Resurrection means bodiless as it means just the opposite- bodily. and you cannot defend your antichrist doctrine the gnostics believed in Johns epistles that Jesus is no longer a man in the flesh. You know why its indefensible ? Because no doctrine of demons if from the truth, its from a lie, deception and from the father of lies himself- the devil. Your view is for those with strogholds and cannot see the truth no matter what because the God of this world has blinded them to the Glory that is hidden in Christ as per 2 Cor 4:4. Its why you cannot confess Jesus is Lord because that is a Divine revelation that Jesus is both God and man, human and Divine forever.

And btw every Arminian will agree with the above that Jesus is forever both God and man, human and Divine and that the Incarnation was permanent. Its why the church councils declared anathema to those who opposed the biblical and essential doctrine.

hope this helps !!!

Sethproton

You are sugarcoating his actions- he despises, detests, abhors, loathes Calvinism.
None of those words are correct. The better way to say it is that calvinism has many wrong doctrines, and I want to discuss what the bible says in relation to those errors

Sethproton

My church is reformed in name only. No one there teaches TULIP. If they taught those things I would not have stayed as long as I have, I think about 10 years. If the church was really like calvinists on this site, they would have excluded me from leading studies instead of continually inviting me to lead more.
I would imagine this is not what you want to hear. So I won't expect a response from you

Last edited:

Theo1689

None of those words are correct. The better way to say it is that calvinism has many wrong doctrines, and I want to discuss what the bible says in relation to those errors

So you can misrepresent Johnny, but we can't accurately describe your actions here?

Sethproton

Theo? Are you trying to claim that I should not stand up for what I believe? I should just cower down and take your insults as truth?

civic

And you claim fellowship with Calvinists every week at church and you as a leader of a home Bible study group correct ?

Theo1689

Theo? Are you trying to claim that I should not stand up for what I believe? I should just cower down and take your insults as truth?

I'm simply pointing out the blatant double standard of you making false and derogatory accusations against others, but you throw a hissy-fit when you think it's happening to you.

Your theological beliefs do not include making false accusations against others.