Patient attacks pregnant nurse, attack kills baby, Manslaughter charge

Temujin

Because you are woke so reality often doesnt register with you.
The law in Florida is recognising the baby as killed, as opposed to the pro-choice foetus being killed, has a significant impact on the debate about abortion. It means the law which you guys keep citing, recognises the unborn has a right not to be killed.

So the OP is relevant here, unlike you
Wrong and wrong. All this law shows is that the law in Florida has no consistent view of the status of the unborn. That's it.

BMS

Wrong and wrong. All this law shows is that the law in Florida has no consistent view of the status of the unborn. That's it.
In what way wrong then? The law in Florida gets it part right and the law in the UK, which you prefer, gets it all wrong. But it highlights your claims as faulty generalisations.

Temujin

In what way wrong then? The law in Florida gets it part right and the law in the UK, which you prefer, gets it all wrong. But it highlights your claims as faulty generalisations.
Other opinions differ the law in Florida is for Floridians to determine. If I express a view of what a sane law looks like, in what way is this a generalisation? You are misusing the term. I am not saying that all X is Y. That would be a generalisation. I am saying that all X should be Y, which is an opinion. This is implicit in all statements we all use here on this opinion board. An example is your phrase that the law in the UK is all wrong. At face value that is a generalisation (and a stupid one at that) but from the context it is obviously just your opinion.

You do seem to get hung up on the most odd things.

BMS

Other opinions differ the law in Florida is for Floridians to determine. If I express a view of what a sane law looks like, in what way is this a generalisation? You are misusing the term. I am not saying that all X is Y. That would be a generalisation. I am saying that all X should be Y, which is an opinion. This is implicit in all statements we all use here on this opinion board. An example is your phrase that the law in the UK is all wrong. At face value that is a generalisation (and a stupid one at that) but from the context it is obviously just your opinion.

Yes other opinions differ. Obviously. So what you see as a sane law is what others see as an insane law.
And your response 'wrong and wrong' shows you dont practice what you preach or know what you are saying from one post to the next

Temujin

Yes other opinions differ. Obviously. So what you see as a sane law is what others see as an insane law.
And your response 'wrong and wrong' shows you dont practice what you preach or know what you are saying from one post to the next
Why? If I say something is wrong, then clearly it is my opinion that it is wrong. What is so inconsistent or hypocritical about that? You are not making any sense.

BMS

Why? If I say something is wrong, then clearly it is my opinion that it is wrong. What is so inconsistent or hypocritical about that? You are not making any sense.
Because it is just your opinion as opposed to someone else's. The debate is about the evidence and reasoning behind the opinions.
In this case the law in Florida is recognising the value of the life of the unborn to the degree that killing it is manslaughter. We would agree this law is better than the law you in the UK. We are campaigning for the right to life of the unborn from simple pro-choice abortion.

BMS

And the same applies to your remark that the laws in the US are a mess.
You havent said or added anything new here in your post