Pelosi Banned from Communion… Finally!

“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’(blessed sacrament) or ‘There He is,’ do not believe him. (Matt. 24;23) So much for your blessed sacrament. When you are truly born again your mind will be renewed and you will understand the Scriptures.
I guess context does not matter to you at all.

The context of that passage concerns the Second Coming of Christ--that is---Christ's coming as judge of the nations.

The Blessed Sacrament is really an extension of the First Coming of Christ; Christ's coming in humility; not his Second Coming--which the passage you quoted is concerned with.

When you are truly born again you will understand this scripture.

2 Corinthians 13:5​

5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?​

Now if Christ is in me why would I want look for the blessed sacrament? Once again you have been hoodwinked to believe the lies of the RCC.
When you truly abide in Jesus by receiving the Eucharist you will understand John 6.

In other words:

We can't win. When we stand up for the truth--we are evil and bad. When we do not stand up for the truth, we are evil and bad.

You know, you fundamentalists remind me of the Scripture passage: "We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn." (Matthew 11: 17)

Well, guess what? "Wisdom is vindicated by her actions." (Matthew 11: 19)
Read the parable in Matthew 11:16-19 rompoporg.
Do you see that it reveals the spiritual condition of the leaders, and it also reveals the hearts of unbelievers today.

In other words:

We can't win. When we stand up for the truth--we are evil and bad. When we do not stand up for the truth, we are evil and bad.

You know, you fundamentalists remind me of the Scripture passage: "We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge,
and you did not mourn."
(Matthew 11: 17)

Well, guess what? "Wisdom is vindicated by her actions." (Matthew 11: 19)
You can't "win" you mournfully sob, (as if you are a child playing a game) - but let's suppose that you aren't, but you still want to win as if you were. Take a look at Matthew 11: 10-12. You will see here that John the Baptist and Jesus were opposites in many ways, yet neither of them could please the Jewish leaders. John was stern, he was remote and ascetic, and a man with a message of judgment; Jesus on the other hand was gracious, friendly, mingled with people at meals, and came with a message of salvation. Yet the Pharisees and the chief priests rejected both men! Hm-m-m-m, they wanted neither the playing of the wedding flute nor the funeral dirge. The mind that is set on the flesh is hostile toward God."
"Yet wisdom is vindicated by her deeds" (Matt 11:19). Those who have repented and trusted Jesus Christ have showed their wisdom in doing so. In their lives is the proof that both John and Jesus were right.
Neither John nor Jesus would cater to the moods and whims of the people, and they both paid for their consecration with their lives. But God honored them and vindicated them, and today we enjoy the fruit of their faithfulness. It wasn't a game - but they won!

When you truly abide in Jesus by receiving the Eucharist you will understand John 6.
Communion is a rememberence meal to never forget what Jesus did for us. I do partake in communion and I do understand John 6. Jesus was speaking in the supernatural and you understand it in the natural just like the Apostles understood it. To eat flesh and blood literaly would go against Gods own Word. This is why you need your mind renewed so that you will understand Gods Word.

Right up until the point that the rcc is proven to be false. Then you will turn your back on Him. Your profession has no credibility whatsoever.
If the RCC was proven false---where else would I have to turn? Christianity will have been proven false.

Do you have some place else for me to turn? If so, where is it?

romishpopishorganist said:
If the RCC was proven false---where else would I have to turn?
it has been proven false. that you deny it is your rejection of Christ.

Christianity will have been proven false.
no, not Christianity. catholicism is false. you know nothing about Christianity.

has it been a week since you last asked that? it's been answered many times.

If the RCC was proven false---where else would I have to turn? Christianity will have been proven false.

The bible. Christianity will be proven to be true and rc'ism to be false.

I'm sorry, I forgot who I was talking to, you never learned reading comprehension in school.
I apologize for being a smart aleck. I should have stopped and reconsidered what I had written.

You say that you are a born again Christian. You say that you have the Holy Spirit living in you. What does it say about you that you do not trust in GOD enough to believe that HE can communicate the message of salvation through HIS GOD-breathed words without it having to be "interpreted" or have "sacred traditions" added to HIS word in order to be complete? The truth remains the truth whether or not anyone believes it. What is really sad, is that the fact that the Scriptures are referred to as the word of GOD at least three times at every rc service, yet you still treat them as if they were a Hustler magazine by making your "traditions" equal to them.

Ahh, yas, the "False Challenge Tactic" :
——————————————————
WELCOME TO Catholic Responses 101
Techniques of the Apologist # 7:- The Faux Challenge tactic:

This is a really good one. Always have it handy and use it liberally. Always make it look like you are a sincere defender of truth. Please do not be actually sincere, but it is very important for Mother Church for you to LOOK sincere.

For example, regularly challenge non-Catholics:

Show me one error in all of Catholic dogma and I will leave the Catholic Church immediately.
——————————————————
Of course, because you have bought into the RCC's fables (including its self-proclaimed identity with true Christianity), you have to reject anything and everything that proves Catholicism to be erroneous.

Too bad.
--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

Communion is a rememberence meal to never forget what Jesus did for us. I do partake in communion and I do understand John 6. Jesus was speaking in the supernatural and you understand it in the natural just like the Apostles understood it. To eat flesh and blood literaly would go against Gods own Word. This is why you need your mind renewed so that you will understand Gods Word.
How could you forget if it is written in Scripture?

Ahh, yas, the "False Challenge Tactic" :
——————————————————
WELCOME TO Catholic Responses 101
Techniques of the Apologist # 7:- The Faux Challenge tactic:

This is a really good one. Always have it handy and use it liberally. Always make it look like you are a sincere defender of truth. Please do not be actually sincere, but it is very important for Mother Church for you to LOOK sincere.

For example, regularly challenge non-Catholics:

Show me one error in all of Catholic dogma and I will leave the Catholic Church immediately.
——————————————————
Of course, because you have bought into the RCC's fables (including its self-proclaimed identity with true Christianity), you have to reject anything and everything that proves Catholicism to be erroneous.

Too bad.
--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
Alright, but how is this any different from the Protestant who takes the exact same approach to the Bible?

Yes, the Bible is Theopneustos, but this is a Faith based claim, just like the infallibility of the Church is a Faith based claim. As there is no way to directly verify the claims of the Bible, we must accept that it teaches truth based on its Inspiration, which is itself a Faith based claim.

So when atheists produce alleged errors in the Scriptures, does the Protestant give up the Faith? No. The Protestant works to defend the Scriptures and attempt to show why the error is only apparent. And this, rightly so.

Catholics do the same for the Church.

So what is the difference?

Note: pointing out the tactic, while perhaps a useful apologetic trick in a debate---does not answer the question.

Maybe if Protestants would actually give a meaningful and substantive answer to the question, we Catholics would not keep asking it?

The bible. Christianity will be proven to be true and rc'ism to be false.
The Church is the Pillar of truth. If the Pillar the upholds Truth---falls-----the Truth falls with it.

If the Church is no good, the Bible is no good--becasue as the pillar of Truth, it is clear the Church and the Bible while distinct are related and intertwined.

I apologize for being a smart aleck. I should have stopped and reconsidered what I had written.

You say that you are a born again Christian. You say that you have the Holy Spirit living in you. What does it say about you that you do not trust in GOD enough to believe that HE can communicate the message of salvation through HIS GOD-breathed words without it having to be "interpreted" or have "sacred traditions" added to HIS word in order to be complete?
Sir, the need for an authoritative Church and teacher of the Scriptures, the need for a "interpreter" is not becasue GOD is limited, it is becasue WE are limited.

The nature of human language and human beings is such that all communication requires a certain amount of interpretation. I have always thought of the Bible as analogous to a textbook--albeit Divine. If the BIble is a Divine textbook, the Church is the divinely authorized teacher of said textbook.
The truth remains the truth whether or not anyone believes it.
This is true but not terribly informative or even relevant. I am not asserting that truth depends on whether people believe it.
What is really sad, is that the fact that the Scriptures are referred to as the word of GOD at least three times at every rc service, yet you still treat them as if they were a Hustler magazine by making your "traditions" equal to them.
We do not make our "traditions" equal to the Scripture. By this I mean--customs like abstinence from meat on Friday in Lent---is not anywhere near on a par with Scripture.

We do not even make Tradition equal to the Scriptures. We venerate Tradition equally with Scripture because Tradition hands on the Word of God. But we also recognize that only the Scriptures are Theopneustos. In that sense, they are above Tradition.

Catholic teaching is simply that the certainty of the Christian Faith is not derived from the Scriptures alone. Scripture is the divine testament to God's deeds and words, Tradition the human testament. Tradition is the Word of God embodied in the Church.

The Church is the Pillar of truth. If the Pillar the upholds Truth---falls-----the Truth falls with it.

If the Church is no good, the Bible is no good--becasue as the pillar of Truth, it is clear the Church and the Bible while distinct are related and intertwined.
Have it your way. you might want to go ahead and make the decision on whether you want the mark of the beast on your right hand or on your forehead. Then again, you have less than a 50% chance of making it that far in the tribulation period .

Sir, the need for an authoritative Church and teacher of the Scriptures, the need for a "interpreter" is not becasue GOD is limited, it is becasue WE are limited.
NO, you need to have someone to throw under the bus on judgement day---> He did it!!
The nature of human language and human beings is such that all communication requires a certain amount of interpretation. I have always thought of the Bible as analogous to a textbook--albeit Divine. If the BIble is a Divine textbook, the Church is the divinely authorized teacher of said textbook.
The bible was meant to carry the message of salvation to the people. Something that the rcc clearly has never wanted. Self proclaimed authority is absolutely worthless.
This is true but not terribly informative or even relevant. I am not asserting that truth depends on whether people believe it.
The truth is always relevant when you debating someone the has taken the bait of lies hook, line, and sinker.
We do not make our "traditions" equal to the Scripture. By this I mean--customs like abstinence from meat on Friday in Lent---is not anywhere near on a par with Scripture.

We do not even make Tradition equal to the Scriptures. We venerate Tradition equally with Scripture because Tradition hands on the Word of God. But we also recognize that only the Scriptures are Theopneustos. In that sense, they are above Tradition.
What about the dozen or so traditions concerning Mary? I will agree that you do not make them equal with the Scriptures. You put them miles above the Scriptures.
Catholic teaching is simply that the certainty of the Christian Faith is not derived from the Scriptures alone.
That is because none of your traditions can be found in the Scriptures or they directly contradict the Scriptures.
Scripture is the divine testament to God's deeds and words, Tradition the human testament. Tradition is the Word of God embodied in the Church.
The traditions of the rcc originated in the pit of hell and have absolutely nothing to do with the One, True, and Living GOD that made all of creation by the power of His spoken word.

Back