Pelosi Banned from Communion… Finally!

DeSanto

Better late than never, I suppose.

Let’s pray she repents!

Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone announced on Friday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi should not be admitted to Holy Communion in the Archdiocese of San Francisco, nor should she present herself to receive the Eucharist, until she publicly repudiates her support for abortion.

In a May 20 letter addressed to lay Catholics, Cordileone explained that he issued the instruction in accordance with canon 915 of the Code of Canon Law, which states that “Those … obstinately persevering in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to Holy Communion.”

“After numerous attempts to speak with her to help her understand the grave evil she is perpetrating, the scandal she is causing, and the danger to her own soul she is risking, I have determined that the point has come in which I must make a public declaration that she is not to be admitted to Holy Communion unless and until she publicly repudiate her support for abortion ‘rights’ and confess and receive absolution for her cooperation in this evil in the sacrament of Penance,” Cordileone wrote in the letter.

In the same letter, the archbishop described his repeated attempts to meet with Pelosi since she announced in September 2021 that she would seek to codify Roe. v. Wade into U.S. law.
He said that he wrote to the Speaker in April this year, “detailing the extreme position to which she has moved on the abortion question and explaining the scandal that it is causing and the danger to her own soul.”

“I asked her to repudiate this position, or else refrain from referring to her Catholic faith in public and receiving Holy Communion,” he wrote.

“I also advised her that if she refused to do this, I would be forced to make a public announcement that she is not to be admitted to Holy Communion.”
He said that he received no response, but contacted Pelosi again a month later when she described herself as a “devout Catholic” while explaining why she supported abortion, in the wake of the leak of a draft opinion suggesting the Supreme Court could strike down Roe v. Wade.

“In consequence of all this and all that has led up to it,” Cordileone told priests, “it is my determined judgment that thisresistance to pastoral counsel has gone on for too long, and there is nothing more that can be done at this point to help the Speaker understand the seriousness of the evil her advocacy for abortion is perpetrating and the scandal she is causing.

It's nice to see one of our Bishops finally stepping up to the plate against these people. Unfortunately, Bishop Gregory of D.C is not made of the same stern stuff and won't do the same against the Catholic Dems who reside and attend Mass in the nation's capital.

It's nice to see one of our Bishops finally stepping up to the plate against these people. Unfortunately, Bishop Gregory of D.C is not made of the same stern stuff and won't do the same against the Catholic Dems who reside and attend Mass in the nation's capital.
Catholics have been scandalized by these people for over 30 years now… while the Bishops remained silent.

Why now?

I may be seriously jaded here, but I have a sneaking suspicion this is a publicity stunt… for Pelosi. Another tactic to stir up division ahead of a certain scotus decision?

I’m so sick of this movie.

I may be seriously jaded here, but I have a sneaking suspicion this is a publicity stunt… for Pelosi. Another tactic to stir up division ahead of a certain scotus decision?
And you would be wrong. This issue has been on the burner for over a year now, having been being looked at by the Conference of Catholic Bishops. Bishop Corleone has arrived at his decision and is now taking action.

This is just one arch in one archdiocese regarding just a single person. Is Mrs. Pelosi the only pro-abort Roman Catholic politician in California? How about the others?

How about pro-abortion politicians who visit Mr. Cordileone's jurisdictions?

Seems like an empty gesture and it was just a suggestion on the part of Mr. Cordileone, and only pertains to a single named individual in a single jurisdiction.

This is just one arch in one archdiocese regarding just a single person. Is Mrs. Pelosi the only pro-abort Roman Catholic politician in California? How about the others?
She is the most outspoken of pro- abortion politicians and she goes above and beyond the call of duty on the issue. it's a good start.

They should be refused as well. Even a lay person who gives out communion could refuse to give it to the individual presenting themselves for it upon good cause. (The parish priest also has this ability). So if the local pro-abortion politician shows up, he/she could be denied communion outright and a Bishop's order/concurrence is not needed.

And you would be wrong. This issue has been on the burner for over a year now, having been being looked at by the Conference of Catholic Bishops. Bishop Corleone has arrived at his decision and is now taking action.
Well, Catholics have been calling for action to be taken with these so-called-catholic politicians for 30 years or more.

Why do you think it’s only been an issue on the burner for a year?

Well, Catholics have been calling for action to be taken with these so-called-catholic politicians for 30 years or more.

Why do you think it’s only been an issue on the burner for a year?
Yes, for a long time it has been an issue, but from what I know the question of what exactly to do has been under intense discussion for only a brief period of time, like about a year. Each Bishop can do what they want at a local level. If it were me, I would like to see outright ex-communications of these folks. What they are doing is in direct opposition to the most serious teachings of the Church and they should be held accountable.

Agreed! Any pro-abortion politicians who call themselves Catholic should be clearly and publicly repudiated by the whole Church in all countries. And it should have already been done a long LONG time ago.

We should not settle for one politician being made an example of. Although it’s a good first step, much more needs to be done in this area.
Seems like an empty gesture and it was just a suggestion on the part of Mr. Cordileone, and only pertains to a single named individual in a single jurisdiction.
It could be like a warning shot to other politicians.

The shot heard round the world. Lol!

But, I don’t think this was mere suggestion:

“After numerous attempts to speak with her to help her understand the grave evil she is perpetrating, the scandal she is causing, and the danger to her own soul she is risking, I have determined that the point has come in which I must make a public declaration that she is not to be admitted to Holy Communion unless and until she publicly repudiate her support for abortion ‘rights’ and confess and receive absolution for her cooperation in this evil in the sacrament of Penance,” Cordileone wrote in the letter.

Yes, for a long time it has been an issue, but from what I know the question of what exactly to do has been under intense discussion for only a brief period of time, like about a year. Each Bishop can do what they want at a local level. If it were me, I would like to see outright ex-communications of these folks. What they are doing is in direct opposition to the most serious teachings of the Church and they should be held accountable.
Each Bishop can do what they want at a local level

So the bishops can decide all on their own if and when they will speak out on sin? And deal with it accordingly? I don't think the first century church waited years to decide if an individual should continue to go to church while dishonoring it by their conduct. And in the centuries following the apostolic era you did not want to fall into some serious sin. The rules and disciplinarian actions were sometimes severe and could take a person literally years to be brought back into fellowship. Now a days it seems like in the rcc its tolerance for outright sin is as high as its ever been. Why hasn't Frankie spoken out? He allegedly called Biden a good catholic. Probably Pelosi too. So much for 'take it to the church' huh?

Catholics have been scandalized by these people for over 30 years now… while the Bishops remained silent.

Why now?

I think you are right. This is probably an orchestrated move to make Pelosi look "persecuted" and become some kind of martyr for the satanic pro-death crowd?

She's been in the House for 35 years and always an outspoken proponent of abortion and sodomy, so why after allowing her to publicly proclaim her "Catholic" faith while holding these positions for 35 years is someone finally doing something about it? She should have been excommunicated decades ago.

So the bishops can decide all on their own if and when they will speak out on sin? And deal with it accordingly?
Yep.
And in the centuries following the apostolic era you did not want to fall into some serious sin. The rules and disciplinarian actions were sometimes severe and could take a person literally years to be brought back into fellowship.
Yeah, I miss those days of righteous and deserved punishment too. Such things helped keep people to toe the line for sure.

Why hasn't Frankie spoken out? He allegedly called Biden a good catholic. Probably Pelosi too. So much for 'take it to the church' huh?
I don't know. The standards should be high and everyone held to them.

Why now?

Perhaps, nothing they do or don't do would surprise me. In this case, Bishop Cordileone has been at odds with San Francisco County for insisting on standards for the catholic students. He was the target of every hit group for more than a year. He never waivered. One battle at a time.

We don't know how long he may have been working on this prior to the announcement. In any case, it has now been posted publicly. USCCB is a group of renegades, we'll have to see what they do. The truth of Catholic teaching is going to be on full display for all to see. Let's see what the pachmamma pope will do!

Perhaps, nothing they do or don't do would surprise me. In this case, Bishop Cordileone has been at odds with San Francisco County for insisting on standards for the catholic students. He was the target of every hit group for more than a year. He never waivered. One battle at a time. We don't know how long he may have been working on this prior to the announcement. In any case, it has now been posted publicly.
I wasn’t aware of the local battles he’s been embroiled in, but if he’s stood against the tactics of the SF mob, then he has earned my respect. And he should be given credit for taking a stand on this, as well. Even though it is a little late in the game. I agree, one battle at a time.
USCCB is a group of renegades, we'll have to see what they do. The truth of Catholic teaching is going to be on full display for all to see. Let's see what the pachmamma pope will do!
It seems all the usccb really cares about, these days, is how much tax payer money they can rake in for trafficking illegal immigrants around the country. As for the imposter pope? He’s already made it quite clear where he stands.

Better late than never, I suppose.

Let’s pray she repents!

Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone announced on Friday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi should not be admitted to Holy Communion in the Archdiocese of San Francisco, nor should she present herself to receive the Eucharist, until she publicly repudiates her support for abortion.

In a May 20 letter addressed to lay Catholics, Cordileone explained that he issued the instruction in accordance with canon 915 of the Code of Canon Law, which states that “Those … obstinately persevering in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to Holy Communion.”

In the same letter, the archbishop described his repeated attempts to meet with Pelosi since she announced in September 2021 that she would seek to codify Roe. v. Wade into U.S. law.
He said that he wrote to the Speaker in April this year, “detailing the extreme position to which she has moved on the abortion question and explaining the scandal that it is causing and the danger to her own soul.”

“I asked her to repudiate this position, or else refrain from referring to her Catholic faith in public and receiving Holy Communion,” he wrote.

“I also advised her that if she refused to do this, I would be forced to make a public announcement that she is not to be admitted to Holy Communion.”
He said that he received no response, but contacted Pelosi again a month later when she described herself as a “devout Catholic” while explaining why she supported abortion, in the wake of the leak of a draft opinion suggesting the Supreme Court could strike down Roe v. Wade.

“In consequence of all this and all that has led up to it,” Cordileone told priests, “it is my determined judgment that thisresistance to pastoral counsel has gone on for too long, and there is nothing more that can be done at this point to help the Speaker understand the seriousness of the evil her advocacy for abortion is perpetrating and the scandal she is causing.
The bishop of San-Francisco is a bishop among bishops. This is a bishop who understands what it is to be a successor to the Apostles. He is a bishop and is acting like one.

Pope Francis and the rest of the bishops are too busy playing politics and worrying about being popular. They are politicians who masquerade as bishops.

I think you are right. This is probably an orchestrated move to make Pelosi look "persecuted" and become some kind of martyr for the satanic pro-death crowd?

She's been in the House for 35 years and always an outspoken proponent of abortion and sodomy, so why after allowing her to publicly proclaim her "Catholic" faith while holding these positions for 35 years is someone finally doing something about it? She should have been excommunicated decades ago.
Sheesh--talk about conspiracy theories.

Between you and your rad-tradd nonsense--I would not be surprised if you think they are hiding aliens at Area 51, the earth is really flat, the Coronavirus was a conspiracy to bring down Trump, and the moon landing was faked.

Back