Perpetual Virgin?

Birth control - catholics for choice:

The Catholic church hierarchy opposes all forms of artificial contraception, yet 98% of Catholics in the United States have used some form of birth control at some point in their lives. Catholics for Choice envisions a world in which everyone has equal access to all forms of birth control, unencumbered by religious persecution. We believe that access to birth control is, in fact, a Catholic social justice value.

I believe that even Evangelicals use artificial birth control less than Catholics.
Catholic women presently using birth control: 65%

Evangelical Christian women using it: 71%

It is best to look it up rather than guess.

Not bragging. Just pointing out an error by Atemi.
You didn't exactly cite a source did you? Who did the poll? When was it? And again, a pretty small margin of error probably within a margin of error. I don't really have a dog in this fight. All we are talking about is degrees of use, not that catholics never use it. All the anti-conception talk is futile when your own people by your poll are at least 2/3 using it.

Do you know how many catholics take birth control? Per usual, what they officially teach and what they do are two different things. This goes for divorce and abortions as well. Then there is missing mass, or confession or believing their own dogmas...Catholics are running from the rcc church. In droves.
More like, do many Catholics pick and choose what teachings they want to follow

Catholic women presently using birth control: 65%

Let us clear this up a bit:

“Data shows that 98 percent of sexually experienced women of child-bearing age and who identify themselves as Catholic have used a method of contraception other than natural family planning at some point in their lives.”

So basically, almost all married Catholic women or sexually active single Catholics have used ABC.

Evangelical Christian women using it: 71%

Keeping with use among the sexually active, here is the Guttmacher on different groups:

• 99.0% of Catholics;
  • 99.4% of mainline Protestants;
  • 99.3% of evangelical Protestants

So it looks like the two groups are statistically in a dead heat.

Considering it is not taught as a sin to use ABC in Evangelical circles, but Catholics are taught it is a "mortal sin," I am not sure what you think you are considering a win here.

“Data shows that 98 percent of sexually experienced women of child-bearing age and who identify themselves as Catholic have used a method of contraception other than natural family planning at some point in their lives.”
This statistic counts anyone who has ever used contraception any time in their lives. I cited the more meaningful and revealing statistic that counts only those that are currently using contraception. Your statistic makes no distinction between someone who has been all in with contraception their entire fertile years and someone who used contraception as a teenager before they were married and then stopped at some point when they got married.

Keeping with use among the sexually active, here is the Guttmacher on different groups:

• 99.0% of Catholics;

Which means you were wrong when you said that Evangelicals used it less. But I am glad you took the time to look up actual data. This is not a win for Catholics because it shows there is still a big disconnect between some of the doctrine taught and what is observed by many of the members. On that I agree with you.

Not bragging. Just pointing out an error by Atemi.
RCs are full of rubbish. I mean in Ireland there is a saint who caused a woman to have an abortion by pressing down on her stomach.

You didn't cite where the information came from. Did you forget or did you just pull it out of the sky?

This statistic counts anyone who has ever used contraception any time in their lives.

Of course.

If they were sexually active, what percentage used ABC.

No use trying to hide it.

I cited the more meaningful and revealing statistic that counts only those that are currently using contraception.

Who cares if they are using ABC only right now?

LOL.

Your statistic makes no distinction between someone who has been all in with contraception their entire fertile years and someone who used contraception as a teenager before they were married and then stopped at some point when they got married.

Yup.

Did they ever use ABC?

That is the question.

The question are they using ABC right now is irrelevant.

• 99.0% of Catholics;
www.guttmacher.org

People of All Religions Use Birth Control and Have Abortions

www.guttmacher.org
www.guttmacher.org
Which means you were wrong when you said that Evangelicals used it less.

Is that the win you want to boast in on this topic?

Instead of less, they are the same. Yay Catholics! :rolleyes:

This is not a win for Catholics because it shows there is still a big disconnect between some of the doctrine taught and what is observed by many of the members. On that I agree with you.

A total disconnect. Almost all Catholic women who have been sexually active don't believe your sect.

So when you guys lecture others about contraception or abortion, it is one big joke. It is empty posturing. Catholics are better off putting on some sackcloth and ashes than putting on the whole act that they are better than others.

Of course.

If they were sexually active, what percentage used ABC.

No use trying to hide it.

Who cares if they are using ABC only right now?

LOL.

Yup.

Did they ever use ABC?

That is the question.

The question are they using ABC right now is irrelevant.

Is that the win you want to boast in on this topic?

Instead of less, they are the same. Yay Catholics! :rolleyes:

A total disconnect. Almost all Catholic women who have been sexually active don't believe your sect.

So when you guys lecture others about contraception or abortion, it is one big joke. It is empty posturing. Catholics are better off putting on some sackcloth and ashes than putting on the whole act that they are better than others.
Any RC women knows that RC methods do not work. We know by the much smaller RC families they are using artifical contraception and not listening to the church. All the RC women I know use contraceptives.

RCs like to think they are better than over there until it comes to RC sin. Then it is they do it too. Really the hypcriscy is palatable.

Back