Peter never went to Rome

Septextura

I’d not judge you either way.

It is the false shepherd who angers God.

The correct name for Byzantium is Rome, or East Rome. Constantine moved the seat of Rome to Constantinople, he didn't create a new empire. Much of the pagan syncretism RCC has, the EO also has. Rome is the final kingdom, US and EU are mere provinces, the EO are under its syncretic umbrella.

because it isn't scriptural. If Christ is the Rock, why do you follow a false teacher who claims that Peter is? do you also believe that Peter is the Christ?

if he's claiming Peter is the rock then he most likely is catholic and follows the false teachings of men, just like you do.

the claim has been backed up many times on here over the yrs - and you've been here for those claims.
I mentioned Steve Ray's timeline as to where Peter was over time. You said he got that wrong. So please show me that. How do you know Peter's whereabouts differed from Steve's timeline? Are you implying that scripture told you where he was for those timeperiods? Steve's timeline isn't scriptural, and your critique of his timeline is scriptural? Ok, show me the scriptures.

-BHM

mica

I mentioned Steve Ray's timeline as to where Peter was over time. You said he got that wrong. So please show me that. How do you know Peter's whereabouts differed from Steve's timeline? Are you implying that scripture told you where he was for those timeperiods? Steve's timeline isn't scriptural, and your critique of his timeline is scriptural? Ok, show me the scriptures.

-BHM
go to biblegateway dot com. type ROME in the search bar. choose a bible version, then click to search.... post the verse that comes up and says that Peter was in Rome. try that with different versions.

go to biblegateway dot com. type ROME in the search bar. choose a bible version, then click to search.... post the verse that comes up and says that Peter was in Rome. try that with different versions.
No...you said Steve Ray was wrong. So show me how you know he's wrong. I was just suggesting there might be a solution to the problem...that Peter might not have been in Rome when Paul wrote Romans. This is never discussed here.

And you come in and say Steve Ray was wrong. You're the one who needs to back up your claim with scripture.

-BHM

mica

No...you said Steve Ray was wrong. So show me how you know he's wrong. I was just suggesting there might be a solution to the problem...that Peter might not have been in Rome when Paul wrote Romans. This is never discussed here.
from scripture. Peter is not the Rock, Christ is. and it nowhere says Peter was ever in Rome. Search Romans for anything saying Peter was in Rome.

This has been discussed many times on the old forum. If you missed those discussions, that's on you. there were numerous discussions on it.

And you come in and say Steve Ray was wrong. You're the one who needs to back up your claim with scripture.

-BHM
if scripture doesn't back it up you'll be able to post a verse that says he was there.
so go ahead and post it.

if scripture doesn't back it up you'll be able to post a verse that says he was there.
so go ahead and post it.
I never said I had scripture that backed up Steve's timeline. I suggested there's another issue to look at...like Peter not being there. I don't need to have scripture to post a possibility. I never said I knew he was correct.

You said definitely that Steve Ray was wrong. So you're the one who has to prove it.

-BHM

mica

I never said I had scripture that backed up Steve's timeline. I suggested there's another issue to look at...like Peter not being there. I don't need to have scripture to post a possibility. I never said I knew he was correct.

You said definitely that Steve Ray was wrong. So you're the one who has to prove it.

-BHM
scripture proves it - if you believe the truth found in scripture.