Peter Ruckman on abortion

Sherman

I am going to add that abortion - ie - child murder is a sin most egregious. The child in most cases is being offered up because he's an inconvenience. It is why America and much of western civilization is a cesspool.

JDS

Here is the error of Ruckman. He says life begins when God breathsinto an infant. What God breathed into his nostrils was the Spirit of God. It was at that point Adam became a living soul. The operative word here is living. A man can be a soul without being a living soul. What God breathed into Adam was his Spirit. His Spirit is life, the very presence of God in a person who has a soul and a body. Now, if this is hard for you to believe I encourage you to read John 1 where it is said about our Lord Jesus that in him was life. It was the Spirit who was in him, that is in his physical body. The departure of God the Spirit when he sinned is spiritual death. This does not mean he fell down inertly on the ground and had to be buried. It meant that God was no longer present in his body. Death is a separation and spiritual life is the union of the the Spirit of God and the body and the soul as one in three and thee in one. Physical death happens when the soul and body is separated. This is what happened to Adam in the garden and Jesus on the cross.

Now, let me prove this. We are told in scripture that the life of the flesh is in the blood. Therefore the entity that has flowing blood in its body has life. A man born in the image of Adam has a body with blood in it and he has a soul. He does not have the Spirit of God. A man born of Adam can only have the Spirit after the cross work of Jesus Christ when the propitiatory sacrifice was made by him on behalf of all men and his blood, which is his life, can wash away the sin of all who come to God in his name. It is at that moment that the Spirit of God enter the body and quickens it and gives the believer spiritual life. Once again there is three in one and one in three, a trinity and in the image of God.

I want you to read the second time that God breathed the Spirit into physical men and reading it will prove I am telling the truth.

John 20:19-22
19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Meditate on this and I will check on you later.

robycop3

God said, in Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;

So, if God knew Jerry before HE formed him in the womb, He knows everyone in like manner. Thus, abortion is foiling God's work.

And let us not forget that Ruckman believed the antichrist will be a 10-foot-tall space alien with huge black lips who will land a large spaceship in St. Peter's Square.

Sherman

And let us not forget that Ruckman believed the antichrist will be a 10-foot-tall space alien with huge black lips who will land a large spaceship in St. Peter's Square.
:oops: You can't be serious? Ruckman was off the deep end.

robycop3

Quote box removed per mod.
Can you prove me wrong ? Of course not ! And do you believe God permitted incest between parent & child, or full siblings ? I DON'T, as God does not change. Things which are abominstions to Him now have always been such, ever since man first sinned.

Last edited by a moderator:

CES1951

Can you prove me wrong ? Of course not ! And do you believe God permitted incest between parent & child, or full siblings ? I DON'T, as God does not change. Things which are abominstions to Him now have always been such, ever since man first sinned.
I won't argue with you, because Scripture already proves you wrong! Plus, you've already been soundly refuted on other forums. Just can't believe how condemning you are to some people, yet have weird beliefs yourself. Edit per mod. Off topic and personal attacks.

Sherman

I have seen Roby on other boards - not as weird as a 10 foot space alien. He doesn't even come close to that.

CES1951

I have seen Roby on other boards - not as weird as a 10 foot space alien. He doesn't even come close to that.
I think his believing God created an entire different set of people apart from Adam and Eve is pretty weird. Plus, God created the different races apart from each other? That's pretty far out there to me! With.....as he says....not one quark of Biblical support! I just find Edit per mod. Anyway, that's all I'll say on the subject. You can come to your own conclusion, just thought you all should know where he's coming from. I find him a littlle too far out there to take seriously myself.

Shoonra

One might ask: Are there any last rites or funeral ceremonies for miscarriages or stilbirths?? In most churches none. The ancxient Hebrews evidently considered breathing a sine qua non of personhood.

robycop3

I think his believing God created an entire different set of people apart from Adam and Eve is pretty weird. Plus, God created the different races apart from each other? That's pretty far out there to me! With.....as he says....not one quark of Biblical support! I just find Edit per mod. Anyway, that's all I'll say on the subject. You can come to your own conclusion, just thought you all should know where he's coming from. I find him a littlle too far out there to take seriously myself.
Same for you, as you like to criticize, but can't prove me wrong.

robycop3

As for Ruckman, he was a Zen Bhuddist before he became a Baptist. Maybe he didn't forsake it entirely.

He also claims the KJV corrects the sources from which it was made; in other words, RE-INSPIRATION, something God never said He did.

Shoonra

I do not believe in a second creation of the human family just so there would be no consanguinity. Both the creation story and the Noah's flood story require consanguineous relationships. I also suppose that, past the first couple of generations, sibling or parental incest was replaced by cousins, the more generations the more remote the cousin relationship. We are not told how long Cain lived before he had a wife, but the lifespans of Genesis personae are very long so Cain could have had a May-December marriage with a distant grand-niece or cousin.
I don't think worrying about this will be productive.

JDS

I do not believe in a second creation of the human family just so there would be no consanguinity. Both the creation story and the Noah's flood story require consanguineous relationships. I also suppose that, past the first couple of generations, sibling or parental incest was replaced by cousins, the more generations the more remote the cousin relationship. We are not told how long Cain lived before he had a wife, but the lifespans of Genesis personae are very long so Cain could have had a May-December marriage with a distant grand-niece or cousin.
I don't think worrying about this will be productive.
Two thousand years passed and a flood to destroy the wickedness of a world that could not be saved and God chose a man, who he later called, the friend of God and the father of faith, a man who married his half sister. Abraham and Sarai.

Gen 20:12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

I have not read anywhere that Roby believes in a separate creation of people on the earth. I am going to withhold judgement until I see it myself. Is it possible that some new modern bibles teaches this?

Bob Carabbio

Disgraceful behavior from a man who claims(ed) to love God.
Naturally I'd totally disagree with what he says - But, believe it or not, the LAST time I heard this particular INSANE FANTASY, was at an Assemblies of God Couples Camp up in Waupaca, WI back in '68 or so. So it's a "Theological teaching" that's been around longer than Ruckman. Which demonstrates that the AGE of a FALSE TEACHING has nothing to do with it's truth, or spiritual value. At least the fool KNOWS that other equally qualified Theological sources, discard his foolishness without a second thought as I do.

Bob Carabbio

One might ask: Are there any last rites or funeral ceremonies for miscarriages or stilbirths?? In most churches none. The ancxient Hebrews evidently considered breathing a sine qua non of personhood.
When my firstborn died about 6 hours after she was born, and after we cried, we bought the styrofoam box that babies are buried in, and gave it to the cemetary, paid them, and moved on without bothering with any "Religious rituals". The cemetary wanted to have one, but since Angeline (her name) was already with God, then nothing was required for either her, or us. In not too long, I'll meet her - as she is.

robycop3

Two thousand years passed and a flood to destroy the wickedness of a world that could not be saved and God chose a man, who he later called, the friend of God and the father of faith, a man who married his half sister. Abraham and Sarai.

Gen 20:12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

I have not read anywhere that Roby believes in a separate creation of people on the earth. I am going to withhold judgement until I see it myself. Is it possible that some new modern bibles teaches this?
I have SUGGESTED it might be possible, as I don't believe God ever approved of incest between full siblings, but, as Scripture doesn't say where Cain's wife came from, I can't say ANYTHING for sure about it.