Peter's Pence Raises "Ghost Money"

RayneBeau

The Roman Catholic Church, AKA "Holy Mother Church" uses many means to raise "ghost money" (i.e., money that just mysteriously vanishes into thin air.) Every single year, Roman Catholics are encouraged to "give generously" to Peter's Pence which is touted to be a charity under the direct control of the pope that was set up to serve the needs of the poor and the victims of war and natural disasters. Quotas for the fundraising are set for every diocese. Appeals are issued from the pulpits of every parish. Visits are made by ecclesiastical dignitaries to wealthy Roman Catholic benefactors. The amount collected every year ranges from $70 million to over $110 million. I am sure that anyone reading this who ever had any connections with the RCC knows of Peter's Pence - pew puppets are provided with specially marked "Peter's Pence" money envelopes strewn in the pews and registered parishioners are mailed special "Peter's Pence" envelopes for their donation.
In February of 2003, Roman Catholic Pope John Paul II addressed the Circle of St. Peter on the vital purpose of the charity, saying "You are aware of the growing needs of the apostolate, the request for aid that comes from peoples, individuals and families in precarious conditions. In this perspective, the Peter's Pence Collection is a true and proper participation in the work of evangelization." And Pope Benedict XVI said in February 0f 2006 that: "Peter's Pence is the most typical expression of the participation of all the faithful in the Bishop of Rome's projects of good for the universal Church. The collection is a gesture that not only has practical value but is also highly symbolic as a sign of communion with the Pope and attention to the needs of the brethren, and for this reason your service has a particularly ecclesial value."
Isn't it scandalous how the RCC always uses the extremes of silence and language as two of their major means implemented to control and mislead their "flock"- guaranteeing in this case, that the expenditures of these collected funds will remain shrouded in mystery by the Roman Catholic Church.
"For the love of money is at the root of all kinds of evil" 1 Timothy 6:10

Septextura

I heard in the UK, not sure elsewhere, banks like HSBC and Barclays donate money to the RCC charity funds and in return their employees teach children in catholic schools how to get credit cards and how consumer loans work.

Bonnie

The Roman Catholic Church, AKA "Holy Mother Church" uses many means to raise "ghost money" (i.e., money that just mysteriously vanishes into thin air.) Every single year, Roman Catholics are encouraged to "give generously" to Peter's Pence which is touted to be a charity under the direct control of the pope that was set up to serve the needs of the poor and the victims of war and natural disasters. Quotas for the fundraising are set for every diocese. Appeals are issued from the pulpits of every parish. Visits are made by ecclesiastical dignitaries to wealthy Roman Catholic benefactors. The amount collected every year ranges from $70 million to over $110 million. I am sure that anyone reading this who ever had any connections with the RCC knows of Peter's Pence - pew puppets are provided with specially marked "Peter's Pence" money envelopes strewn in the pews and registered parishioners are mailed special "Peter's Pence" envelopes for their donation.
In February of 2003, Roman Catholic Pope John Paul II addressed the Circle of St. Peter on the vital purpose of the charity, saying "You are aware of the growing needs of the apostolate, the request for aid that comes from peoples, individuals and families in precarious conditions. In this perspective, the Peter's Pence Collection is a true and proper participation in the work of evangelization." And Pope Benedict XVI said in February 0f 2006 that: "Peter's Pence is the most typical expression of the participation of all the faithful in the Bishop of Rome's projects of good for the universal Church. The collection is a gesture that not only has practical value but is also highly symbolic as a sign of communion with the Pope and attention to the needs of the brethren, and for this reason your service has a particularly ecclesial value."
Isn't it scandalous how the RCC always uses the extremes of silence and language as two of their major means implemented to control and mislead their "flock"- guaranteeing in this case, that the expenditures of these collected funds will remain shrouded in mystery by the Roman Catholic Church.
"For the love of money is at the root of all kinds of evil" 1 Timothy 6:10
Does the RCC keep records as to how it uses this Peter's Pence when it helps those in need? Records available to all to read?

RayneBeau

Does the RCC keep records as to how it uses this Peter's Pence when it helps those in need? Records available to all to read?
Great question! The expenditures of these funds remain shrouded in mystery. A small amount - less than 50% - supposedly goes to the impoverished and those most in need. The bulk of the money however, is apparently sucked into the swirling Roman Catholic 'black hole' that remains at the core of the Holy See. I wonder if any of that money ever went to pay one dime to the victims of their diabolical sex crazed perverted Roman Catholic priests who fiendishly raped innocence little children, over and over and over . . . .

RayneBeau

I heard in the UK, not sure elsewhere, banks like HSBC and Barclays donate money to the RCC charity funds and in return their employees teach children in catholic schools how to get credit cards and how consumer loans work.
It wouldn't surprise me a bit. I know for a fact that Peter's Pence pays for all expenses to fly their Roman Catholic dignitaries first class to Rome for meetings, jubilee's, conclaves, etc., plus their rooms in the luxury hotels and all of their expenses for fine dining, limo's, etc., etc.

Bob Carabbio

I'm absolutely Sure that the powers the be in the "Roman Catholic Church" keep excellent and highly detailed records of the funds they receive, and of the disbursement thereof.

But they're not going to let anybody OUTSIDE the "Church" (and probably not too many people within the Corporation either) have any details whatsoever.

It's only recently the the "Holy Roman Catholic Church Corp." was forced to realize that they're NOT "Above the law" any longer.

RayneBeau

I'm absolutely Sure that the powers the be in the "Roman Catholic Church" keep excellent and highly detailed records of the funds they receive, and of the disbursement thereof.

But they're not going to let anybody OUTSIDE the "Church" (and probably not too many people within the Corporation either) have any details whatsoever.

It's only recently the the "Holy Roman Catholic Church Corp." was forced to realize that they're NOT "Above the law" any longer.
The Venerated Financial Report, as issued on Jan. 30, 2015, contained this info about the charity from the Vatican Secretariat of State:
"While on the other hand an analytical report on the revenue relative to the Peter's Pence is published annually, on the other absolute confidentiality has been maintained to date, in compliance with Superior instructions, on how the report is used, since it is excluded from the consolidated financial report of the Holy See."
Translated into plain English, what it really means is that the RCC's proclamation is so broad and inflated that the Roman Catholic Church financial reports really can't be held to any specific numbers or meaning at all.
I find it most interesting that a query about the fund from a COSEA auditor was met by this vague but illuminating response from the Secretariat: "The collection is used for charitable initiatives and/ or specific projects indicated by the Holy Father (14.1million), for the transmission of offerings with specific targets (6.9million) and for the maintenance of the Roman Curia (28.9 million). Plus the setting aside of 6.3 million from the Peter's Pence fund [money donated directly by the Roman Catholic laity to the Holy See]." So.... anyone can see that an analysis of this statement shows that 58%, not counting the money "set aside," did NOT go to the needy as was proclaimed, but rather it went directly to the indulgent 'needs' of the Roman Catholic Church's pampered Curia, including the upkeep on their lavish living quarters.

Bob Carabbio

The Venerated Financial Report, as issued on Jan. 30, 2015, contained this info about the charity from the Vatican Secretariat of State:
"While on the other hand an analytical report on the revenue relative to the Peter's Pence is published annually, on the other absolute confidentiality has been maintained to date, in compliance with Superior instructions, on how the report is used, since it is excluded from the consolidated financial report of the Holy See."
Translated into plain English, what it really means is that the RCC's proclamation is so broad and inflated that the Roman Catholic Church financial reports really can't be held to any specific numbers or meaning at all.
I find it most interesting that a query about the fund from a COSEA auditor was met by this vague but illuminating response from the Secretariat: "The collection is used for charitable initiatives and/ or specific projects indicated by the Holy Father (14.1million), for the transmission of offerings with specific targets (6.9million) and for the maintenance of the Roman Curia (28.9 million). Plus the setting aside of 6.3 million from the Peter's Pence fund [money donated directly by the Roman Catholic laity to the Holy See]." So.... anyone can see that an analysis of this statement shows that 58%, not counting the money "set aside," did NOT go to the needy as was proclaimed, but rather it went directly to the indulgent 'needs' of the Roman Catholic Church's pampered Curia, including the upkeep on their lavish living quarters.
Like I said, The Roman Catholic Corp keeps EXCELLENT RECORDS - down to the penny. But We'll never see 'em.

balshan

Like I said, The Roman Catholic Corp keeps EXCELLENT RECORDS - down to the penny. But We'll never see 'em.
Well they know that money goes missing at least. That is why Pell went to Rome apparently to fix up their finances.

Then, at the end of last week, a bombshell. We had just learned that Cardinal Angelo Becciu, who until 2018 was sostituto at the Secretariat of State – effectively the Pope’s chief of staff – had been sacked by the Pope for allegedly stealing spectacular amounts of money. And now Becciu’s former deputy, Monsignor Alberto Perlasca, himself suspected of dodgy investments of hundreds of millions of euros, has decided to help out Vatican prosecutors by singing like a Sistine chapel castrato.

They only expose the problems with their money when it suits their political purposes.

RayneBeau

So true Balshan.... and I know it will probably come as no surprise, but Roman Catholic Cardinals of the Curia live in luxurious, private, separate abodes, many in magnificent buildings. For instance some of their personal dwellings are located in the Palace of the Holy Office, right behind the colonade of St. Peter's Square's - (it's absolutely majestic, that's why it's rightfully called a 'Palace' and I find it of great interest to know that it used to be the headquarters of the tribunal of the most Satanic bloody Roman Catholic Inquisition, back in the 16th century). The Cardinals live like kings, almost like their pope, with separate rooms in the Vatican for every fancy - tea rooms, rooms strictly for reception, even their secretaries and their personal assistants have their own rooms, - they even rooms that are just for their "files", and the list of luxuries could rightfully go on and on ad nauseam.

balshan

So true Balshan.... and I know it will probably come as no surprise, but Roman Catholic Cardinals of the Curia live in luxurious, private, separate abodes, many in magnificent buildings. For instance some of their personal dwellings are located in the Palace of the Holy Office, right behind the colonade of St. Peter's Square's - (it's absolutely majestic, that's why it's rightfully called a 'Palace' and I find it of great interest to know that it used to be the headquarters of the tribunal of the most Satanic bloody Roman Catholic Inquisition, back in the 16th century). The Cardinals live like kings, almost like their pope, with separate rooms in the Vatican for every fancy - tea rooms, rooms strictly for reception, even their secretaries and their personal assistants have their own rooms, - they even rooms that are just for their "files", and the list of luxuries could rightfully go on and on ad nauseam.
Oh look at my latest post RC other, it shows the RC does not change on anything at all.

RayneBeau

Well they know that money goes missing at least. That is why Pell went to Rome apparently to fix up their finances.

Then, at the end of last week, a bombshell. We had just learned that Cardinal Angelo Becciu, who until 2018 was sostituto at the Secretariat of State – effectively the Pope’s chief of staff – had been sacked by the Pope for allegedly stealing spectacular amounts of money. And now Becciu’s former deputy, Monsignor Alberto Perlasca, himself suspected of dodgy investments of hundreds of millions of euros, has decided to help out Vatican prosecutors by singing like a Sistine chapel castrato.

They only expose the problems with their money when it suits their political purposes.
Speaking of "Cardinals". . . . Roman Catholic Cardinal Bertone, as the Vatican's Secretary of State, occupied a penthouse that was created by combining 2 Vatican-owned rooftop apartments. The renovations, according to the Italian daily II Tempo, were worth more than 1 million euros. Herringbone parquet flooring was installed throughout the climate-controlled living quarters. Each of the 6 bedrooms had its own spacious Carrara marble bath, the kitchen facilities were fitting for an elaborate banquet hall; and a total of 8 independent sound systems were installed, including one for a rooftop chapel. And just how did Roman Catholic Cardinal Bertone come up with the cash for his opulent digs? Well, quite simply -he took the cash from a fund set aside for the Bambino Gesu Children's Hospital in Rome! Is this what they call a "cardinal sin?"