PLATTERS

balshan

Platters are an easy way to begin a meal and people can mix around the platter. You can have different styles of platters. I prefer cheese and crackers with things like grapes and quince pate. What do others like.

Whateverman

cheese, crackers, a good mustard, grapes and a nice (non-standard) chutney. Major Grey's is right out; I like to shop a good Asian store, and find something I've never tried before...

ps. I've been making three kinds of hummus for a while, and will often have one of them surrounded by veggies, etc. There's a good chipotle black-eyed pea hummus I really like...

balshan

cheese, crackers, a good mustard, grapes and a nice (non-standard) chutney. Major Grey's is right out; I like to shop a good Asian store, and find something I've never tried before...

ps. I've been making three kinds of hummus for a while, and will often have one of them surrounded by veggies, etc. There's a good chipotle black-eyed pea hummus I really like...
Sounds yum. I love chutney but they mainly have foods I cannot eat. Should try making my own. I made beetroot hummus simple and tasty.

Bonnie

Ugh, my husband I loathe beets! Only way we can eat them is in borshe. But we love regular hummus, especially the garlicky kind.

I like platters with various lunch meats and cheeses, breads, condiments, and assorted toppings, like lettuce, tomatoes, etc.

balshan

Ugh, my husband I loathe beets! Only way we can eat them is in borshe. But we love regular hummus, especially the garlicky kind.

I like platters with various lunch meats and cheeses, breads, condiments, and assorted toppings, like lettuce, tomatoes, etc.
Sounds yum

Bonnie

I have even read where some have fish platters - prawns, smoked salmon, bread, lemon wedges, tartare or fish sauce, dill. Some add avocado and lettuce. They look attractive. But I am not into a lot of fish.
What about shrimp on the barbie? :)