Please list your evidence for God

Lighthearted Atheist

I think we get away from the core goal if this forum from time to time. So I ask Christians - can you provide a bulleted list of your evidence for God? Is it empirical or just feelings? How is it different from the evidence for Zeus?

For example, I believe the moon is real because:
  1. Observation: we can see the moon (empirical)
  2. Measure: We can measure the moon with lasers (and get the same result if any team on Erath does it (empirical)
  3. Measure: We can measure the moon's impact on the tides (empirical)
  4. Test, Touch, Evaluate: Humans landed on the moon (empirical)
  5. Test, Touch, Evaluate: We brought back empirical physical samples to study from the moon (empirical)
And so on.

Christians frequently claim I have a gap in my knowledge. Here is your chance. What do you have? If all your evidence is subjective that's cool - but let's stop saying atheists do not understand. We just do not believe based on subjective.

However, if you have empirical evidence I'm very ready to be wrong.

Yakuda

I think we get away from the core goal if this forum from time to time. So I ask Christians - can you provide a bulleted list of your evidence for God? Is it empirical or just feelings? How is it different from the evidence for Zeus?

2. Measure: We can measure the moon with lasers (and get the same result if any team on Erath does it (empirical)
  5. Test, Touch, Evaluate: We brought back empirical physical samples to study from the moon (empirical)
And so on.

Christians frequently claim I have a gap in my knowledge. Here is your chance. What do you have? If all your evidence is subjective that's cool - but let's stop saying atheists do not understand. We just do not believe based on subjective.

A tree.

Lighthearted Atheist

A tree is your evidence that Jesus Christ was the son of God and rose from the dead? A tree is your evidence that God is real but Allah and Zeus are not?

OK. I am afraid I do not find that to be compelling. Can you explain how the existence of a tree proves anything Christian?

Or are you just messing with me because you have no empirical evidence of God?

Yakuda

A tree is your evidence that Jesus Christ was the son of God and rose from the dead? A tree is your evidence that God is real but Allah and Zeus are not?

OK. I am afraid I do not find that to be compelling. Can you explain how the existence of a tree proves anything Christian?

Or are you just messing with me because you have no empirical evidence of God?
Yes.

Make you a deal. I will cease being a Christian the second you can create a tree from material not presently in existence. Do that and I will become an atheist on the spot.

Lighthearted Atheist

Yes.

Make you a deal. I will cease being a Christian the second you can create a tree from material not presently in existence. Do that and I will become an atheist on the spot.
Is this your evidence that God is real? You believe Jesus Christ was the son of God and rose from the dead because an atheist cannot create a tree from nothing?

That is nonsensical.

Do you have a list of evidence? If not just say so - no worries.

Whatsisface

Yes.

Is this what you base your Christianity on? Not Jesus?

This idea of yours is based on a fallacy, being, an argument from personal incredulity. ie, I can't see how the universe and consequentially trees could be naturally, therefore God.

rossum

A tree is obviously proof that the goddess Nang Ta-khian created the forests. I mean - can you create a tree from nothing? No? Then Nang Ta-khian must be real.
How can Nang Ta-khian have created trees? Yggdrasil is the World Tree, and she certainly did not create that tree.

Yakuda

Is this your evidence that God is real? You believe Jesus Christ was the son of God and rose from the dead because an atheist cannot create a tree from nothing?

That is nonsensical.

Do you have a list of evidence? If not just say so - no worries.
I told you I have no evidence you will accept. Why are you struggling? Create ANYTHING from material not presently in existence and I will cease to be a christian on the spot. Can you do it yes it no? Let's stop wasting time.

Howie

And so on.

The Christian Scriptures.

Five Solas

And so on.

In fairness, how many examples would I need to provide for you to acknowledge that I have empirical evidence? Not that you agree the evidence is compelling, but only that empirical evidence exists? Is there a threshold, or will one example suffice?

Torin

How you doing Ignatius?
Yeah... I was sure that the accusation that this person was ignatius was nonsense until just now.

Nobody but ignatius just drops "a tree" into a thread as their proof of God like that. I have been discussing this stuff online for many years and he is the only person I've ever encountered who does that. The odds of two different Christians on the same forum regarding "a tree" as an adequate disproof of atheism, without any further explanation or analysis, must be astronomical.

I am now completely confident that Yakuda is ignatius.

Whatsisface

Yeah... I was sure that the accusation that this person was ignatius was nonsense until just now.

Nobody but ignatius just drops "a tree" into a thread as their proof of God like that. I have been discussing this stuff online for many years and he is the only person I've ever encountered who does that. The odds of two different Christians on the same forum regarding "a tree" as an adequate disproof of atheism, without any further explanation or analysis, must be astronomical.

I am now completely confident that Yakuda is ignatius.
Indeed. And if I can be a little personal with it, Yakuda seems capable of the same level of grumpiness shall I put it, as our friend Ignatius.

J regia

The Christian Scriptures.
But do you have any empirical evidence, or just stories about Abraham having a face to face chat with a god (Gen 18) and how his grandson was squirrel gripped in his thigh hollow by a god (Gen 32:22-32), and how Jesus made some boozers even drunker (John 2:1-10)?