Please! . . . please! . . . . please! "Return to church"!!!

RayneBeau

By the time 1996 rolled around the moral decline in Italy, where Roman Catholics number 95% of the populace, became so dire that Pope John Paul II called upon volunteers to go from door to door in an effort to persuade Roman Catholics to "return to church." But guess what - the effort was a complete failure! By the year 2000, less than 25% of the Italian Roman Catholics even made an appearance at Sunday Mass.

balshan

By the time 1996 rolled around the moral decline in Italy, where Roman Catholics number 95% of the populace, became so dire that Pope John Paul II called upon volunteers to go from door to door in an effort to persuade Roman Catholics to "return to church." But guess what - the effort was a complete failure! By the year 2000, less than 25% of the Italian Roman Catholics even made an appearance at Sunday Mass.
Yep it shows that actions speak and then they walk away from the bad fruits, false teachings etc.

ding

If that is true then it is very sad. Why do people turn their backs on Jesus? Don't they realize what he did for us? Very, very sad. But it is not just the Italians, it is most of Europe and America, among others.

balshan

T
If that is true then it is very sad. Why do people turn their backs on Jesus? Don't they realize what he did for us? Very, very sad. But it is not just the Italians, it is most of Europe and America, among others.
Turning your back on the RCC shows good sense. It is not turning your back on Jesus. It shows that the claims made by your institution are false.

mica

Why don't you tell us? the RCC isn't Jesus, It doesn't teach the truth of His word.

What did He do for us?

mica

mica said:
Why don't you tell us? the RCC isn't Jesus, It doesn't teach the truth of His word.

What did He do for us?

The Catholic Church does teach the truth and it does teach what Jesus did for us.
why didn't you answer my questions?

the RCC does not teach the truth found in His word - scripture.

if it did teach that you'd be able to answer my question above.

what is the gospel ?

ding

why didn't you answer my questions?

the RCC does not teach the truth found in His word - scripture.

if it did teach that you'd be able to answer my question above.

what is the gospel ?
The gospel is I Corinthians 15:1-2.

Bonnie

Turning one's back on the RCC is not the same thing as turning one's back on Jesus. Though it could be that these Italians did both....or maybe because they don't know where to go to hear the true Gospel preached in their country....

mica

The gospel is I Corinthians 15:1-2.
can you point it out to me?

vs 1 Paul speaks of it, says it is what he preached to them, they heard and understood it and they accepted and believed it from their hearts.

vs 2 says it is by the gospel that they are saved if they hold to what he taught them, unless they really didn't believe it from their hearts.

so what is it that he taught to them that he calls the gospel (by which we are saved)?

I Cor 15:1-2

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Bonnie

can you point it out to me?

vs 1 Paul speaks of it, says it is what he preached to them, they heard and understood it and they accepted and believed it from their hearts.

vs 2 says it is by the gospel that they are saved if they hold to what he taught them, unless they really didn't believe it from their hearts.

so what is it that he taught to them that he calls the gospel (by which we are saved)?

I Cor 15:1-2

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
As I noted... and Paul most definitely did NOT preach the gospel according to Rome!

RayneBeau

The Roman Catholic Church is NOT Jesus, plain and simple. Being that as it may, you could say that even the magnificent RC churches and cathedrals in Europe, and especially in France, many of them dating back to the 11th century, were visited almost entirely by tourists, since less than 8% of the country's Roman Catholics opted to sit through the liturgy once a month. Of the few French people who show up for Mass, 28% were aged 75 years and older, and the overwhelming majority consisted of poorly educated, rural women.

mica

As I noted... and Paul most definitely did NOT preach the gospel according to Rome!
no, he did not. most catholics do not know what the gospel is. there have been claims on here of a 'catholic gospel ' and they've been asked what that is, but I don't remember ever seeing a catholic answer to that question. If catholics wrote the bible, why don't catholics know the answer? Maybe some catholic here will decide to tell us what it is.

mica

Sorry but you are wrong. The RCC preaches the true gospel.
Then tell us what that 'true gospel ' is. if the RCC preaches it then you should know it.

and point out to us where it is clearly found in scripture.

Reactions: Mik

jonathan_hili

Yes, sadly, many Catholics and other Christians generally, do not recognise the importance of weekly church services in the life of faith.