Polite elections

balshan

New South Wales just had a state election both leaders of the major parties were Catholic. Amazing for a change not one personal attack at all, stuck to the issues.

New South Wales just had a state election both leaders of the major parties were Catholic. Amazing for a change not one personal attack at all, stuck to the issues.
Then they are FAKERS! not politicians at all! ?

Sadly, after seeing the media circus called poly-ticks here in the USA, I came to the conclusion that it is all a big, rigged game, bread and circuses for the electorate. "Meet the new boss; same as the old boss!"

But I am glad that some of your folks realized that acting polite actually helps their image. ?

--Rich

Then they are FAKERS! not politicians at all! ?

Sadly, after seeing the media circus called poly-ticks here in the USA, I came to the conclusion that it is all a big, rigged game, bread and circuses for the electorate. "Meet the new boss; same as the old boss!"

But I am glad that some of your folks realized that acting polite actually helps their image. ?

--Rich
Yes it was strange. But RCs complain I never say anything nice about RCs.

I don't see it. From this vantage point in western Pennsylvania USA, we've had plenty of Roman Catholic politicians throughout the years and I never found them to be any more polite that politicians of other religions.

Maybe the Australian elections that are being referenced featured particular mellow candidates, or the election was pretty much determined in advance so no need for bad blood, and the candidate just happened to be members of the RCC.

I don't see it. From this vantage point in western Pennsylvania USA, we've had plenty of Roman Catholic politicians throughout the years and I never found them to be any more polite that politicians of other religions.

Maybe the Australian elections that are being referenced featured particular mellow candidates, or the election was pretty much determined in advance so no need for bad blood, and the candidate just happened to be members of the RCC.
I was not claiming it was the case for all elections worldwide, just in this particular instance.

No they just were much younger candidates and the polling suggested a close election. The results show they were not as close as they were. Both leaders of the two main parties were RCs and friends. It would be nice if this became the new norm. I like other Aussies are really tired of the nasty nature of politics.

Back